It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids found through infra red satelitte images, 3000 ancient settlements!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Edgar cayce prophecy Evidence of Atlantis can be found in the Pyrenees and Morocco, and in British Honduras, Yucatan, and America.

not a big fan, but why not use the same technique to search these countries for clues or archaeological remnant of Atlantis or other.

it is a start, and i'm sure some agency (Nasa or Military for instance) already has a database of infra-red satellite images ready to be mined for info like the ones of Egypt

just wondering, this technique could actually help discover many more archaeological sites, all around the globe, don't you think?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The thing that impresses me most about this find, and the methods employed to achieve it, is that they are evidence that we are stepping, with care and great labour, toward a period of scientific and technological capability which would render our sensory equipment on a par with technologies more familiar to fans of the science fiction genre.

Being able to observe these subsurface details with such accuracy is the stuff of mastery.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ZarbeMomin

There's another one. Again, I can't recognize the "elite housing" she swears she sees, but maybe she's only judging that by the size. Who knows.

Buried city revealed by satellite: May 25, 2011: www.bbc.co.uk...

An infra-red satellite image reveals the pattern of streets and houses in the buried ancient city of Tanis in Egypt. The new technique has also shown up the sites of 17 lost pyramids as well as thousands of tombs and settlements.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
This is wonderful news..I cant wait to see what they uncover i hope they get the funding soon to be able to do this dig..And i hope the when they excavate the sites haven't been robbed by the ancients i find this news very exciteing ..S&F
By the looks of things, a certain amount of excavation has already been done and a documentary will be broadcast soon. Looking forward to it myself!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Oh, well that's great. Are you telling me everybody goofed off and chose not to take
an infrared image of the area until May 2011 ???!
Better late than never i guess.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Yeh, i was gonna post about the series coming on bbc1 next week about this very thing.... i'll be watching

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Looks an awful lot like the Arabia Terrace images from Mars.

Arabia Terrace:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New infra-red satellite image showing buried Egyptian pyramid

Arabia Terrace inverted:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

New infra-red satellite image showing buried Egyptian pyramid inverted

edit on 26-5-2011 by Elbereth because: mistakes galore

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Perhaps we should after seeing how much turns up when we use it here.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
indiana jones had more fun and did not need no stinking satellite to find the city of tanis.

and he found that ark of the convent so beat that!!!!!

yeah wonder how long before they are looted and plundered that is if they already havent been thousands of years ago.

billion dollar technology
millions spent digging

only to find out someone already beat you to the punch=priceless.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It is awesome, and educating in a sense.

But with the things we did in the past in Egypt I can't help but think these things may be better off non discovered.
We pillaged and desecrated something that the past inhabitants once though to be sacred and clearly made extreme measures to keep people from essentially grave robbing them. They learned this in their text yet we still proceeded not respecting any of their wishes and now we have their remains and valuables displayed in museums and those that slip through the cracks being sold on the black market.

Almost anywhere in the world it is illegal to dig up someones grave not only illegal but highly disrespectful and viewed as perverse and taboo ..what makes the difference when it comes to the tombs?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Unfortunately, in Egypt they cannot open a mummy without his being there to actually do the opening. He is the only person in Egypt allowed to open an intact mummy. I cannot imagine him not being there for something as big as a pyramid discovery.
However, I do agree with you. I think he is trying to keep even the smallest of artifacts from being lost to other countries, and has gotten a bit (!) overzealous in his job. The guy needs to relax.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
indiana jones had more fun and did not need no stinking satellite to find the city of tanis.
and he found that ark of the convent so beat that!!!!!
yeah wonder how long before they are looted and plundered that is if they already havent been thousands of years ago.
billion dollar technology
millions spent digging
only to find out someone already beat you to the punch=priceless.

You have a better idea?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Fortunately ancient looters tended to take gold and jewels and left the more valuable (to history) pottery, pollen, bones and other objects

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

Culturally many groups unofficially follow the the 'great grandfather' rule; most people have no idea where their great grandparents are buried or even their names.

What it really means is that tombs of people to whom no direct descendents can be determined are available for research without difficulty, those that are require a more delicate and diplomatic path

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You really don't need IR satellite imagery to see the ruins. They are plainly visible in Google Earth at 30°58'11.80"N, 31°53'12.80"E (link).

edit on 5/26/2011 by Shadoefax because: Added link to Google Maps

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Fortunately ancient looters tended to take gold and jewels and left the more valuable (to history) pottery, pollen, bones and other objects

True, the fact is that the earlier they did their deeds, the better. But modern day hooligans really kick the crap out of context and association.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Amazing, this city Tanis was once the capital city of Egypt, it looks like a very big and densely populated city....it needs to be excavated ASAP...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
True, the fact is that the earlier they did their deeds, the better. But modern day hooligans really kick the crap out of context and association.

Ancients did that too, especially if the tomb was of a hated enemy, a different religious sect or they were thorough! Modern looters tend to take the pottery and bones - the swine!

It also tended to luck, sometimes someone was in the right place to ensure a tomb survived:

Consider the tomb of Cyrus

Tomb of Cyrus

During the Islamic conquest of Iran, the Arab armies came upon the tomb and planned to destroy it, considering it to be in violation of the tenets of Islam. The caretakers of the grave managed to convince the Arab command that the tomb was not built to honor Cyrus but instead housed the mother of King Solomon, thus sparing it from destruction. As a result, the inscription in the tomb was replaced by a verse of the Qur'an, and the tomb became known as Qabr-e Madar-e Sulaiman, or the tomb of the mother of Solomon. It is still widely known by that name today

*the golden casket was looted from the tomb during the chaos of the fall of the Persian empire to Alexander, allegedly Alexander restored the interior of the tomb

Quote from Andrew Burke, Mark Elliot (2008). Iran. Lonely Planet. pp. 284, which is linked to 19th century source
edit on 26/5/11 by Hanslune because: Add note

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Ancients did that too, especially if the tomb was of a hated enemy, a different religious sect or they were thorough! Modern looters tend to take the pottery and bones - the swine!

It also tended to luck, sometimes someone was in the right place to ensure a tomb survived:

Consider the tomb of Cyrus

Tomb of Cyrus

During the Islamic conquest of Iran, the Arab armies came upon the tomb and planned to destroy it, considering it to be in violation of the tenets of Islam. The caretakers of the grave managed to convince the Arab command that the tomb was not built to honor Cyrus but instead housed the mother of King Solomon, thus sparing it from destruction. As a result, the inscription in the tomb was replaced by a verse of the Qur'an, and the tomb became known as Qabr-e Madar-e Sulaiman, or the tomb of the mother of Solomon. It is still widely known by that name today

*the golden casket was looted from the tomb during the chaos of the fall of the Persian empire to Alexander, allegedly Alexander restored the interior of the tomb

Quote from Andrew Burke, Mark Elliot (2008). Iran. Lonely Planet. pp. 284, which is linked to 19th century source
edit on 26/5/11 by Hanslune because: Add note

thats very intresting, thanks for the info

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Theyre saying the found the lost city of Tanis, which used to be the capital of ancient Egypt...
Wait...Tanis? Is Indiana Jones leading this expedition, to find the Ark of the Covenant?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join