It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids found through infra red satelitte images, 3000 ancient settlements!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
S & F

Wouldn't it be amazing if all the tombs and pyramids were buried so long ago that they were forgotten about [In ancient Egypt] and are untouched all of this time? Hopefully they will have plenty of hieroglyphs and other documentation about history we know little about. Who knows, this might just open a whole other unknown chapter of human history.

Personally I hope they are VERY very old.

edit on 24-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: To fix the rolly smiley it was broken

I agree ... let's hope any potential tombs can reveal many missing pieces.

So exciting. Woody

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hmmmm.... this is slightly interesting.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

S & F

Wouldn't it be amazing if all the tombs and pyramids were buried so long ago that they were forgotten about [In ancient Egypt] and are untouched all of this time? Hopefully they will have plenty of hieroglyphs and other documentation about history we know little about. Who knows, this might just open a whole other unknown chapter of human history.

I was thinking the same thing!!

The Sphinx was covered to its neck in sand when found, imagine what else is out there buried under the desert!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e16a480a93e0.jpg[/atsimg]source for picture

Norden's drawing of 'The Sphinx and pyramids of Giza' from his Travels published in 1755. Norden produced the first good map of the Giza pyramids, showing the ruins of the mortuary temples of Khafre and Menkaure, as well as the causeways of Khufu and Menkaure. Unlike most other illustrators of the time, Norden's profile and full-face drawings of the Sphinx show the break of the nose and weathered outlines that are essentially corrected.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ZarbeMomin

S&F

Amazing news! Hope they find some more pieces of the puzzle that is Egypt.
Thanks for this, can't wait for the docu on the BBC.

OnlyLove.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OnlyLove

My hope is that Mr. Zahi Hawass stay 1,000 miles away from these sites.

If so we will see amazing news from Egypt.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit:sorry , completly missed the link in the op. but heres another one anyway.
edit on 25-5-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
awesome, hopefully the truth comes out soon!
www.mahq.net...
just kidding.. i think..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZarbeMomin
, but for me the "A-Ha" moment was

lol...i swear this is code....A-HA was the first pharaoh...the closest suspect to being menes....

hmmm

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

S & F

A very nice thought Slayer. I agree. I just hope they actually share "all" of what they find with the public.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

A very nice thought Slayer. I agree. I just hope they actually share "all" of what they find with the public.

I second that. Unfortunately, my current impression of the higher-ups is that their recurring motto is, "Umm..Let's hide it if we can."

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The link says that much of the finds are "close to the surface" so it must be the pyramid that would be most intriguing as it would likely be a tall structure, or at least taller than any structure round it. It begs the question then, how near to the surface can all these structures be. The density of mud bricks wouls surely be greater than the material around it as stated. The find then must be pretty unambiguous, as the pictures suggest.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0001391
I find it interesting that they show these satellite pictures, saying they clearly show this and that, when we've seen even more clear things in pictures of Mars and our own moon which are poo-pooed.

Dude you stole my quote

I was going to say the same thing. Looking at those pictures,
there are clearer examples on the Moon, yet
"those are just natural stone formations" that some how came into being
with comet strikes and yada yada yada.

That being said; this is probably how the remnants of Atlantis will be rediscovered.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by OnlyLove

My hope is that Mr. Zahi Hawass stay 1,000 miles away from these sites.

Now, I don't know Hawass's particular circumstances of late...but archaeological matters need gatekeepers. Sad but true. Keeps the crooks and knuckleheads at bay. The real suppression of history is willfully conducted by fools and looters who descend upon a site and not only take away artifacts, but destroy the context in which they were found.

I was recently handed a box that contained...among other things...a mammoth tooth and contemporaneous projectile point. Stuff came from a couple of different sites. In context, they might have told a great story. As such, they are merely stuff. Rocks in a box.

Do you follow?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think Dr Sarah Parcak has been doing this since 2003, but as the BBC has a new documentary about it they present it as if it was new, to make people watch it.

It's a great discovery, but the method is not revolutionary.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Hi, Surely we will allow for alternative conclusions to be made and that is all that I was doing yet oddly enough I have ehhh??? 2000 years or so of history that proves the suppression of technology perpetuated for all manner of reasons and I feel like a fool to attempt to believe that this process is not still on going wether via ignorance, greed or bias.

Pretty simple eh? or "no conspiracy here move along" ?

Seems like many of the beliefs that my european as well as native american ancestors believed in were based upon nature, natural cycles and all that has now become Science.

Not strange how the Forces such as the Papacy/vatican/Catholics went about gobbling up all knowledge, destroying all cultures and leaving behind a book written in a language that most could not read?

and there you are with all yer brains fitted tightly inside trying not to believe it is still occurring

Should I have avoided the Battery and Lightbulb because some are skeptical? I do not think so yet in this case perhaps as my primary point is still VERY VALID and can most certainly stand on its own especially in a place such as this

Quoting
*Please edit the quoted portion to the salient material needed to make your point!
There is no need to repeat entire posts within the body of your response*
edit on Wed May 25 2011 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverMan
and there you are with all yer brains fitted tightly inside

You assume much. A little time spent on this site will show that I do pay attention to the fringes...but silly old me, I'm still trying to figure out why you feel the need to throw quotation marks around the word archaeologists.

Ultimately, I fall back on the words of the Prophet: " Don't step in that, Wilbur..."

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
well, you guys manage to depress me by the end of any thread lately

but I'm still excited about this - I have lots of questions and hope at least one gets answered

S&F♥

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This must scare the hell out of Egyptian antiquities. Rest assured they will be racing to the scene to scrub any linkage to ancient alien involvement.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
What a exciting find. The Tanis excavation is of interest also.
I look forward to seeing if and what comes from it.
And the authorities I doubt are hiding anything. The pyramids are only suspected at this point, I look forward to seeing what comes from excavating.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This is wonderful news..I cant wait to see what they uncover i hope they get the funding soon to be able to do this dig..And i hope the when they excavate the sites haven't been robbed by the ancients i find this news very exciteing ..S&F

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join