It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51: Declassified = No Longer An Important Location

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Area 51: Declassified = No Longer An Important Location
If you have been paying attention to National Geographic's website, you will have noticed some declassified Area 51 articles. When something like this happens on a large scale, the general rule is that the site is no longer important. Other words, somewhere in the United States is a brand new top secret base, which will eventually carry its own set of mythologies and legends.

Exclusive Area 51 Pictures: Secret Plane Crash Revealed

Revealed: How Area 51 Hid Secret Craft

When Aliens Attack: Area 51 Declassified

Its the most famous military installation in the world, yet it doesnt officially exist. Area 51-- a site for covert Cold War operations-- has long been a magnet for crackpots, conspiracy theorists, and the overly curious. While there may not be truth to the rumors that Area 51 is a haven for UFOs and extraterrestrials, its clear that our government has been up to something in Area 51 for decades, and it turns out there is a kernel of truth to even some of the wildest speculation. Underground tunnels Hidden enemy aircraft Secret government UFO files Now, after years of silence, for the first time Area 51 insiders spill their secrets and reveal whats really been going on inside the most secretive place on earth.

The Air Force has abandoned top-secret testing at its once most secret test site.

My visit seems to confirm what circumstantial evidence first suggested more than a year ago. Area 51 has shut down. Not that anyone should be surprised. After all, the base became America's worst-kept secret the moment talk-show host Larry King announced its presence to his national audience during a special on UFOs. Of course, UFO and aviation buffs knew this all along. The name "Area 51" and a description of its mission as the proving ground for Lockheed's U-2 reconnaissance aircraft appeared for a fleeting moment on a blackboard used as a prop in an aircraft promotional film.

Area 51 is no longer a place where black operations are being carried out.
I wonder where the new base is?
edit on 5/24/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The "new" Area 51 is supposedly Dugway Proving Grounds, just southwest of Salt Lake City, UT.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

The first thing that happened when I read the topic and had watched a couple of hours ago a video on natural geographics was laugh
. I mean Area 51 is declassified from what they want to declassify. Don't go and thinking they are all saying 100% what's going out there, it is to keep your mind clam and safe, avoid panic. We all know weird stuff is happening in that location, otherwise, why would they use lethal force if you breach the security if it is only containing planes?

No I don't believe it and I wish one day somebody will be good enough in a certain domain to unveil what is truly going under the scene. Maybe the masses aren't yet ready but they still deserve the right to understand what's going on in the world and the universe IMO.

Thruthseek3r

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

After doing some quick research, the government moved it to another location in 2003. Since the site had been declassified, during a lawsuit, they decided to move the more sensitive projects to another location.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Area 51 has been actually moved to two new locations. One in Utah, and the second being in Colorado. I know the one in Colorado is being built completely below ground. The only visible landmark from the air will be a HAARP-like array that's being contructed over the site.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Thanks for the info out there. Do you have any clue about where it would have been relocated?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I read in Popular Mechanic about 15 years ago that everything had been moved to Canada. Has anyone heards or have any info in regards to that?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
For sometime now I have totally known that A51 was no more a special installation... Reasoning to my claim is as follows
1. Too many Questions
2. Public awareness... Your base is not a secret when people are asking questions... see #1.
3. People investigating... going to try and take a look from certain places that were still public land.
4. When conducting Black OPS... one does not want the many too know where the F you are and what the F you are doing... So as a conclusion in my opinion it is no wounder that the Base would have been moved sometime ago... also explains as to why in the recent years there has been less activity at A51. As to the claims that it has been moved to somewhere in Utah or Colorado... This falls into my info as well. And remember with all th new D.U.M.B.s being constucted it would only make sense in my thoughts as OUTA SIGHT OUTA MIND. Tricky little Hobbits...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Do we have the exact coordinates for the new secret bases? I wanna do a Google Earth 'flyby'.

Thank you.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gekados
Do we have the exact coordinates for the new secret bases? I wanna do a Google Earth 'flyby'.

Thank you.

One possible site is in Salt Lake City, UT, and the other possible site is in Colorado.

Originally posted by redrose123

I read in Popular Mechanic about 15 years ago that everything had been moved to Canada. Has anyone heards or have any info in regards to that?

Since it will be a United States military facility, I do not think Canada would be a viable spot. Near the boarder of Canada, but still in the US? Possibly.

Are there any locations in the United States where it boarders Canada, but the land is deserted for miles and miles?
edit on 5/25/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Oh I wish, then I wouldn't have as far to drive.

The idiot who wrote that Popular Mechanics article, made a wrong turn trying to find Area 51. Guess he got lost, couldn't "find" the base, so assumed it had moved

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FosterVS

Oh I wish, then I wouldn't have as far to drive.

The idiot who wrote that Popular Mechanics article, made a wrong turn trying to find Area 51. Guess he got lost, couldn't "find" the base, so assumed it had moved

Just follow the lights in the sky!

top topics

join