It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks Younger Generation-What would America be with out you ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by My01Exploder

7) '___', PCP, Methanphetimines, again not my generation, you can thank your hippies for those.

Don't ever put '___' in the same sentence as PCP and Methamphetamine again.
And blaming hippies for those three things is ignorant beyond belief. If we have any hope for the future, it really depends on a responsible drug policy. "Just say no" doesn't work. The war on drug is a waste of money beyond belief. We must recognize that some drugs, meth and pcp, should be illegal, but on the other hand there are drugs that could be used for great things such as '___', mushrooms, and a few others. '___' was praised by every Psychiatrist that used it in therapy on patients. Hoffman actually made every psychologist and psychiatrist try the substance before using it on patients.
Don't ever put '___' in the same sentence as PCP and Meth.
I don't think people realize just how serious a problem the war on drugs is. It's more dangerous than most of the drugs themselves. More than half of prisoners in federal prisons are there for drug crimes. It costs more to house said prisoners than sending them to college, that includes housing, food, and the education.
If marijuana, '___', and mushrooms were legal, you'd see an instant betterment of society.

We really need to stop blaming others and we all need to start taking responsibility for societies problems. Those blaming others have probably done nothing to better society themselves. You're just as responsible for others' mistakes as they are.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

No worries.
It's hard to believe anything due to the fact that life revolves around sarcasm. But, I'm not judging.

On the generations thing. Our biggest problems stem from trying to fix everyone else first. Try fixing yourselves first.

In other words, don't be the "kettle calling the pot black" type of person. I live my life for myself first, if I can't take care of myself, I sure as hell can't take care of anyone else.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Yup, thanks to the younger generation the next elected president will be the one to admit he/she plays Gears of War 3, and owns an XBox 360.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Wow, I guess I rubbed the "hippy" generation wrong. Easy bubba, don't have a flash back on me.

Plain and simple. Drugs are drugs and they are a downfall to our society. Don't get butt hurt because someone threatened your stash man.

How do you want me to classify '___' then, "Bro".

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
The old are naive, the young are naive, it just depends on what your talking about and from who's point of view. I don't know if I am the younger generation, or the older, I suppose that is dependant on a person's view too. My question is this then:

Who is the younger generation according to who?

The younger generation to my grandfather would be me...the younger generation for me is roaming through the cupboards right now looking for a granola bar to go with her can of coke so she can get back to facebook before all her friends get raptured (or whatever she thinks she is missing out on).

So who is who according to who...pretty ambiguous right?
edit on 24-5-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

That was the point I was trying to make in my last post. Every generation since Socrates has probably come along and said "look at the mess you made, I would have done things differently." Ah, the benefit of hindsight and not having to deal with things that you, yourself inherited. I can look back at the history prior to me, and say 'what a mess they made, why did they do that? Why did they fight that war? Why did they treat those people that way?" But, I wasn't there, and I wasn't faced with historical baggage from the time before them.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ultraman2011
Ah, the benefit of hindsight

Yes, always is 20/20 is it not.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatedAxion
You can talk smack all you want to, but the bottom line is that it's the older generations who raised us. You think we're idiots? Then you can thank the older generations for their crappy parenting skills. I'm not saying they're totally responsible, but they definitely contributed to the problem.

Hey, we have great parenting skills, it's just that the law won't let us slap you silly anymore.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
First of all I would like to thank you for your absolute ignorance OP. I am a member of the younger generation and our generation is destroying us. If I had to take a guess I would say about 80% of people my age that I know are more concerned with the royal wedding and what is going on in pop culture than anything relevant. These are the same people that voted for ODrama without knowing a thing about him or his policies (because it would be "cool" to have a black president. Guess what, new boss same as the old boss he is trash just like the majority of our leaders. I would assume you are an ultra liberal piece of excrement who thinks he is so open minded. So open minded that he can bash anything that is different from his point of view. Sound about right? The only time things are going to change is when people stop bickering over the stupid stuff and realize that this is an "us" versus "them" battle against the elites. Your savior doesn't give a damn about your vote or you. He is happy to corrupt the world just as much as everyone else has been doing. The older generations built this country and had this nation thriving up until big business took over... This site was designed to deny ignorance not promote it... Thank you
edit on 24-5-2011 by Smac3323 because: to be more tasteful

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Hey, we have great parenting skills, it's just that the law won't let us slap you silly anymore.

My guess is that beating your children is probably one of the main problems. One day we will look back and see how barbaric your ways of discipline were.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Seriously, I have one task for the younger generation: Get rid of all nuclear energy! The idea of burying radioactive waste for 100,000 years is beyond insane.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
While I am here may I remind every one that people ages 65+ have the biggest voter turnout

79% of the entire vote.

Doesnt sound like the younger generation could run this country into the ground if we tried, seeing as the baby boomers and older generation are at the helm

latinostories.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The young generation for the most part has no work ethic. At least it's a fraction of what my parents taught me. Growing up, I have seen so many people my age who feel entitled to things without working for them. These so called "old" people you're referring to, at least did contribute to making this country flourish and a true world power.

The young have been handed the keys to the Caddy, and they're not changing the God Damned oil!!!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by pccat

yeah the national deficit was around 6 trillion dollars and lets not forget clintons budget surplus was stolen straight from social security.

yes the fact remains the national deficit was 10 trillion when bush left and obama took over.

the fact obama has spend over 4 trillion under his 2 years and his term isnt over yet

another fact bush increased the debt celing which is what obama will do to spend more of what he doesnt have and more of what we do not have.

you think spending is a problem now wait another 6 years of obama and the increase in spending.

and here lies the problems of america all people can do is play the blame game.

its more like stupid is as stupid does which is why there is no hope or future for this country.

this nations problems have been decades in the making .

we still have hope, but the first thing in solving ANY problem is to get the facts straight..
that is why I responded..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

The young have been handed the keys to the Caddy, and they're not changing the God Damned oil!!!!!!!

If your referring to the U.S. as a "caddie" when you handed it to us, it had several trillion miles on it, and needed a whole heck of a lot more than an oil change.....................

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Thanx!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by My01Exploder

Blaming drugs for the downfall of society.. That's laughable.

It's funny how drugs have existed for hundreds of thousands of years yet we got here at all.

Plenty of legal drugs out there. Have been for a long time. We're still gong.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wow, I feel really bad now and.. no I don't.

edit on 25-5-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If you're being sarcastic, your sarcasm has morphed into something that isn't funny.
Also, that guy is REALLY good at his Obama impersonation

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Brain Washed.

Look at this world for a minute...and tell me what you see?

You see a brain washed domino effect that has been passed down from generation to generation, from a time in which had nothing to do with you humans. THIS…THIS…. ‘STUFF’, that has been going on is unheard of in the heavens of pure logical irrational thinking in this 21century way of raisings the new breed of life.

Greatest secret ever told about the world… ranked 5 all time.

The government will never ever care about the…'Peasants' with pitchforks and baskets demanding for food and. little small privileges yelling at the castle in rage.

‘REGARDLESS OF SKIN COLOR’ a 'Peasant' will always be a 'Peasant'.

Greatest secret ever told about the world. Ranked two.

1. When the republicans are in office the world fears them.

2. When republicans are in office, tensions in the world are at its all time high.

Greatest secret all time about life that all humans share regardless of race.

They all just want to live in peace, have a good day, come home from work, play with the kids, and never see your kids die before you and enjoy what life has to offer you, and to remember that your hearts decision is much different then a brains decision.

Do you understand that 4.2 billion people depend on 12 leaders if not less on this earth to decide if that as hole decides to push that nuke and call for nuclear war amongst the planet. This is not about obama and the democrats; this is about a percentage, and the majority, of world peace for OUR 4 YEARS OF PEACE.

So point blank, the only thing I care about is which senate is likely to cause world war 3,that’s it and that’s all, and it seems like the world thinks it’s the republicans, so with that being said.. GOOO DEMOCRAT!!!!!

I MEAN, YOU HAD YOUR IRAQ WAR 1 AND 2, YOU HAD YOUR KOREAN WAR, WORLD WAR 1 WORLD WAR AS HOLE 2, THE BRITISH WAR, THE INDIAN WAR, THE BLACK WAR, THE MEXICAN WAR, THE GALAXY WAR 1, 2 AND 3, THE WAR ON THE GODS, THE WAR OF THE ANTS, THE DISGRACEFUL WAR ON NATURE….WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP!

WE DO NOT WANT WAR…PERIOD!

You see ! When the democrats are in office, its less war for the wrong reasons, its less tension in the air, and this is when all the terrorist go on vacation, this is the time when I feel safe….PERIOD !

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by My01Exploder
Very common misconception, Obama did NOTHING. Seal Team 6 got Bin Laden.

Let me also clarify one more thing.

Our National Debt was 7 Trillion while Bush was in office.
Within the 1st YEAR of Obama's presidency, our National debt was increased to 14 Trillion.

How can you honestly say that Obama has changed the US?

Obama bailed out MAJOR corporations who are now stiffing their customers, ie Bank of America.

Obama is sending more money over seas to aid other countries during emergencies. How about helping our own first?

Obama has done NOTHING that I would commend him on.

Sorry, just had to step up. Obama is due no congratulations. Focus on OUR country first before cleaning other countries boo-boos.

-Yes, in case you are thinking it, I am a Combat VET. I will die fighting for my country, but it doesn't mean I have to kiss our presidents ass.

The commander in chief always gets credit for anything the military does a combat vet should know that.

The debt increased because Obama put the war on the books something Bush didn't do.

Bush bailed out BOA the companies Obama bailed out like Chrysler have already repaid their debt.

America has always sent money to other countries in the form of aid. As far as helping the country it's not going to happen when you have a party that is willing to let people starve so greedy people can have another tax break.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join