It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The clock is ticking....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
tick tock, tick tock.

Well folks, I've just accepted an internal promotion at work which means I am going to be running one of our bureau's in the middle east for a couple of years at least. My last day here in London will be August 13th (Friday the 13th, uh-oh!).

It has been great fun posting here, and all the guys involved in running it and moderating it have done some sterling work to make it what it is today.

I'll check in as and when I can but guess I am going to be pretty darn busy for the foreseeable future.

Thanks guys, and best of luck to each and every one of you. To all of my masonic brethren here do keep up the good work of putting people right on a few facts, there does seem to be a bit of a masonic swing going on here with most people thinking we're not actually trying to take over the world!

Over & out.

Benjj

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There is no escape Benjj !!

You just mutate into the ATSNN Middle East Correspondent.

Remember to pack your picture phone with you.

Goodluck.

JB1

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Benjj

u canna leave us!!!

Well...yeah...if u see a man whos armed to the teeth and sounds half scottish give him a kiss for me.,..*its wulf*

Plz take care over there ok...where u working about...nvr know...at this rate ill meet u downtown baghdad somewhere for a beer lol

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ats just isn't for christmas
Its for life!

make sure to keep in touch of your ats routes
and have a safe trip.
cya around #se7en

[edit on 4-8-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I'm off tomorrow, change in plan!

Goodbye to you all. It's been great getting to know you all and to see the floods of new guy's arriving at ATS's gates each & every day.

I'll do my best to check in from time to time....

Benjj out.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Bye benjj

Take care!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
good luck benjj. Even if your not actually online , you'll still be here in spirit as my partner in crime in pisky's ATS story (if he ever gets around to writing another chapter! "
You take care now.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Be safe, hurry back.... deny..........................

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
you'll still be here in spirit as my partner in crime in pisky's ATS story (if he ever gets around to writing another chapter! "

As soon as this terrible weather breaks (it was 105 in Portland yesterday
), and I'm able to get on the computer for longer than a few minutes at at time, I will be starting the next chapter. Hopefully the weekend will see more of the intrepid travellers and the laughing kitten of course

Good luck and have fun in the M.E, Benjj (well, if its possible to have fun in a place where drinking is banned :shk: )

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Could be a great opportunity to 'kill' me off Pisk.....!

If you do make sure I go out in style!

B

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hey benjj!

Just read the news that you're "off to exotic climes!!" Have a GREAT time and very many congratulations on the promotion!!

Hope you can log in as and when!

Have a safe trip my friend!

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Just re-reading many of my old posts and thought I would update this one!

I got back from a posting that took me through quite a lot of the Middle East over the last 8 or so months.

I've been based in Umm Qasr for the last 4 odd months with a detachment of SBS and many many guys and girls from the Royal Marines. Their remit was keeping the sahipping lanes free of any kind of detritus which would allow easy access for allied ships into Iraq's only major port.

Before that I was based in and around Tehran on a different brief but this was mainly desk based work and not very challenging at all.

I guess the most challenging thing to date was my (very short) posting to Baghdad. I was there for 8 days with a number of US, Australian and Canadian counterparts looking at the associated problems that come with having and keeping large swathes of our ground troops in place. The conference was very boring but just being there really keeps you on the edge of your seat!

Thats about it for now. I'm back in London (arrived 7/7, lucky me) for the time being, possibly off to Jakarta before Christmas.

Good old ATS, glad to see it's all going so strongly still...

benjj

top topics

join