It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone chopped my internet cable.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My internet was working fine until yesterday at 3 pm or so. All of a sudden my cable modem wasn't getting any signal. After some boring calls on the phone where they told me to unplug and replug several times nothing worked they decided to send a guy over.

So the guy comes out today and after like 25 minutes of messing around the house, he decides to go check the pole down the mountain a lil bit. After about 30 minutes of messing around out there he comes back. First he asks me to brush all the ticks off of him then he shows me what the problem was.

The wire was cut in many places with what looked like a machete. I'm pretty much in the country here in North Carolina. The Pole is on a steep grade. Its the last place you would see someone with a machete. The cable guy said many times to me, that it was no accident.

Kinda creepy! oh well back to drinkin beer. I only have one crazy ex girlfriend in the area and we are on pretty good terms (I dont' the she knows how to use a machete anyways). Sooo If I get killed by the CIA, Mossad, or MI6 sometime soon I love you guys.

edit on 24-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Did you get a photo?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAnnouncementMovement

No I didn't, I was holding my kid and it didn't even cross my mind. I didn't even put the fact that I'm on conspiracy sites and a cable chopped together till a couple hours afterwards. The cable guy kept the wire and he was still pissed that he had to go through waist high grass with ticks. lol

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
obamas internet kill switch

or maybe cass sunstein and his internet watchdogs

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

They are on to you..
have you taped up your web cam yet ?
Check the car for a little black box attached to the chassis..
oh and if two men in black suits and sunglasses knock on the door at three in the morning.. well do i need to say more ...

but on a serious note, its most likely some bored teenager walking though the bush with a big knife thinking what can i hack up today to cause the most problems..
but yeah bummer someone cut the cord..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Spooky, what are you into?

Last year we lost broadband connection and a cable guy came.
Turns out he said a fox ate it. I still wonder if that is possible.

What do you reckon?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The MIB's sent an alien disguised as a squirrel to chew through mine last year.
Took the tech a while to figure out where the problem was at.

On a serious note. I would have asked him if anyone elses got cut in the recent. Probably someone with nothing better to do than cause someone else grief.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
Spooky, what are you into?

Last year we lost broadband connection and a cable guy came.
Turns out he said a fox ate it. I still wonder if that is possible.

What do you reckon?

My dogs are a bit larger than an average fox, but they dug up and chewed my original cable line to bits. I ended up trenching the entire cable out of my yard and switching to DSL.

OP, I have to agree with others that it is probably just someone (or some people) bored, anxious and out looking to tick people off in the worst way possible.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Sounds familiar! Just as creepy...last year my outside cable wire turned up being cut. Never found out what really happened or who did it-but have suspicion-. It wasn't cut by anyone from inside or even chewed/tugged on by the animals, looked like it was knife cuts that finally severed it. Possibly happened during the night, because it was fine and was a new wire prior to that.

new topics

top topics

join