It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Major Terrorist Attack - Sept 2nd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have no link .... I will just report what I heard
on Fox News this morning.

Fox News reported that British and American
Intelligence has credible information that the
terrorists plan for the next MAJOR attack on the
USA to be 60 days prior to the US presidential
elections. That puts it on September 2nd
This happens to be the day that President
Bush will be speaking to the Republican
National Convention in NYC.

Side note - NYC will NOT be stopping it's trains or
subways that go under Madison Square
Garden. I feel this is a major mistake

[edit on 8/4/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Front cover of the news papers this morning in NYC was that they are living amongst us and we are closely watching them. I can understand watching them for a while, but why not just cut them off now? We pre-emptively strike in other countries, but when it comes to homeland security-we wait. It just makes no sense to me.

They have been so patient to date that I don't see them commiting to a specific day without being completely sure that their plans will succeed. Plus, i'm going away Sept 3rd. If they ruin my vacation, I'm going after them myself

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Whoa!!!!!!!!Now are the times people, to turn against your neighbors if you don't like them very much or take revenge on someone that treated you badly in the past.

Just make a phone call and said that they look suspicious and have them arrested Right?

This is not a joke I am been sarcastic.

Do I see a pattern? of is just my imagination. Or we just take arms and fight them ourself I mean anybody that look suspicious to us. Inocent or not just because they don't look right or just look diferent. Right?

Is this the society we want to live in.?

What a pity.

[edit on 4-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Even if we did make calls about suspicious people the feds aren't checking them as often as we would like. They are probably inundated with calls about suspicious people. Everyone in NYC looks suspicious to me!

There was a post yesterday about a guy watching people video tape a bridge in the city. When he called the cops, they didn't know who's jurisidiction it was. He gave plate numbers and everything. Hopefully, they followed up on that at least.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
marg is right.

In the meantime, avoid elevators...

And if what Supafly said is right (and I think it is), it just strenghtens the suspicion that this is all about causing fear.

[edit on 2004/8/4 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm in fear, but not from the terrorists: I fear our society!

I'd never thought I'd see the day when terrorism possessed so much power over our everyday lives.

How effective is that?
And they haven't even made any demands yet. . .

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupaFly
Hopefully, they followed up on that at least.

This morning WFSB is reporting that they still can not get
adequate answers to their questions on this case. No one
wants to take responsiblity for not responding.

It's frightening.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I just hope this country is running its self into the ground. No matter what president "we" pick, the country is still messed up one way or another.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043 Now are the times people, to turn against your neighbors if you don't like them very much or take revenge on someone that treated you badly in the past. Just make a phone call and said that they look suspicious and have them arrested Right?

I'm not sure how you got from - 'British and American intelligence reveals that Terrorists plan to attack 60 days before the election' to 'neighbors turn against neighbors'. How did you make the leap from a date warning to everyone get jiggy on their neighbors?

You asked - is this the society we want to live in? What society is that? The one that our Intelligence agencies give us information that they have about a dated attack? Or the one that you made the leap to about people having their neighbors arrested?

This world war was thrust upon us. It doesn't matter if we want it or not. It's here. We have to deal with it. The best way to get rid of it is to fight
the terrorists and WIN. If we keep looking back at the way things were before 9/11 ... thinking it can't happen to us ... we aren't living in reality.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
www.newsday.com...

More information on the September 2nd attack date

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If these threats are so credible, wouldn't the wise decision be to lockdown the city and move the convention to a safer location to potentially save thousands of lives? As a New Yorker living in Manhattan, the contradictions in the messages that are given to us are mind boggling.

On the one hand, we are told that we can't ignore this information--it is extremely credible and there is a high probability that a disaster will occur. We are told to "be careful" and "heed these warnings" because our lives are in danger. However, on the other hand, the government tells us to go to work, use the subways, "be vigilant" and live our lives as if nothing is wrong. I don't know about you, but when I am told that someone is coming to kill me, I don't want to be in the vicinity. If I am told that a building a few blocks away might explode in the next few weeks, I am taking a big risk walking past it and taking the subway under it every day, much less going to work there.

Perhaps it is easier for the powers that be to make these kinds of remarks because it isn't their lives in danger. They have constant protection, access to accurate information and handlers that will ensure their safety. When George Bush gives his speech at the RNC on September 2nd, if something goes wrong, his life is the first that will be considered and I'm sure that there will be multiple means of escape available to him and the other high-ranking officials in attendance. The rest of us poor slobs will basically be left to fend for ourselves--we have no bodyguards to tell us the safest escape route. We won't have helicopters or planes waiting to help us get out of danger. We don't have gas masks and protective gear readily available to us in case they are needed. Seeing Laura Bush at the Citicorp building made me ill. She would be the first person whisked away if anything did go wrong while the building collapsed on top of everyone else.

I realize that "the terrorists win" if our way of life is changed if they keep us from living our life, but there is no way that any rational person couldn't change their life when you are told that you could die at any moment. How can you tell me that my life is in imminent danger and then tell me not to worry about it in the same breath--and then expect me not to be afraid and to not want to relocate to some deserted island? You are damn right that I am leaving town the week of the RNC, but what about the rest of my family that will still be here in NYC? Its not like leaving town is the solution to everything as I will not be leaving my worry behind.

What puzzles me the most is that we are not offered any means of personal protection when these alerts are issued. If a chemical attack is predicted, tell us where to get protective gear. If a dirty bomb is the alert of the day, tell us what the proper dose of iodine should be and where we can obtain radiation detectors. And if a building is in imminent danger of being blown up, tell us to stay home and be safe instead of risking our lives just to go to work. Close the damn building. As far as the RNC is concerned, if there is credible evidence that the attack is to occur on 9/2, it would be irresponsible to continue with plans to hold the convention in New York to potentially risk the lives of thousands of people.

Personally, I question why these alerts are released without proper precautions taken. Putting an army of police officers with automatic riffles in front of the NYSE or closing tunnels for a few days really does nothing to allay my fears. The subways are wide open and vans are all over the city--I'm sure that a bomb could be constructed in Manhattan with materials brought in piecemeal. I see people with huge boxes on the train all the time--air conditioners, televisions, speakers--and no one checks anything. Flooding Madison Square Garden and the surrounding area with security is meaningless when 10 suicide bombers can get on a 2 train in Brooklyn each with boxes the size of a washing machine. Pull the emergency brake when the train is under MSG and boom! Perhaps my imagination is running wild here, but it seems like there are so many vulnerabilities that could be exploited.

If this intelligence is real, I can't help but wonder why there are still so many holes in security. Either the powers that be are just not competent enough to adequately protect us or these alerts are just politically motivated ploys to keep us afraid and our attention diverted. I don't really have any answer, but living in fear is taking its toll on me and my family and I have become resentful of politicians telling me to "be vigilant" when they aren't the ones in danger.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I heard on the local news that they were considering shutting down the subways. Not just in and around the garden either.

They are shutting down streets all around the garden too. I'm closing my office that week since I am across the street from the garden

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If you count- 60 days before November 2nd is September 3rd.

30 days before Nov. 2 is Oct 3, 30 days prior is Sept. 3.
It's a Friday, and not the day Bush is speaking at the convention... though I would expect him to make some sort of proposal that day that becomes "an amazing idea" the next day...

Originally posted by FlyersFan
60 days prior to the US presidential
elections. That puts it on September 2nd

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What a situation we find ourselves in now. If we do react to this "intelligence" and move the convention or shut down large parts of the city then in many ways the terrorist win, not with an actual bomb but with a "fear" bomb.

Part of me wonders if this is not just a huge dis-information campaign by some captured terrorist. We know they communicate often via the internet and other sources. We also know they are not stupid (well not the leaders). I just feel this could all be part of a plan to direct our attention away from the actual targets. They disrupt our economy by making us think that the convention is the target then strike somewhere else. I am more worried about the west coast, houston and chicago as much as NY or DC.

In the end though, what can we really do? This enemy is hidden, well funded and possibly living right next door to us. I am not a fan of these alerts but at least we are talking about it and looking for anything out of the ordinary. Probably the best chance we have of stopping an attack. Sadly it is never going to be enough.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This whole thing is mute! For one....if it is leaked out they will attack on 9/2, don't you think they would change it
......then again, perhaps it was "leaked" out on purpose to throw off our attention...think people!

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I am just glad that school started this week with no problems.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
First off, I wish they'd move this astounding waste of money to some farm in Wyoming where it won't disturb anyone.

That said, a few things should be addressed.

1) No specific date will ever be given in an attack. These are crazy people, but not stupid people. The reason 9/11 was successful was because America was snoozing. You don't pull off a ballsy attack like that by telling them about it first. You think it's easier to drive a truck bomb into a building with or without the ESU truck there?

2) Marg, I have no idea where you're from but you have obviously never lived in threatening circumstances. Quite frankly people like you don't make any sense to me. Complain complain complain about how the government and intelligence community didn't do enough to prevent 9/11, complain that they're not doing enough now, complain that they're corrupt, and that the people need more of a say. But then when the government asks for something simple like "if you see someone strange photographing a church, or a bridge, or a bank, or train stations, let us know", you complain about that too. What the hell do you want? No one is saying call in a witch hunt or return to McCarthyism. All that is asked is that if you notice odd behavior, let someone know. Think about it. What was the latest alert all about? Surveillance performed on financial institutions to acquire schematics. Ok. So perhaps if people were more careful and noticed these idiots snapping pictures of security guards and parking lots and floor plans we wouldn't have had to wait to find these things on a Pakistani computer.

If you see this as people "turning each other in" that's your problem and your short sightedness. I see it as everyday citizens doing their duty and stepping up to protect themselves and each other from a bunch of people that want to harm them. Good for them. Good for anyone who is more alert now because of 9/11. At least one good thing came out of that tragedy.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
First off, I think that 9/11 proved that they are through taking jabs and are now looking for a knock-out punch, so to speak....and to agree with Djarums' post below, it's going to happen when we're least expecting it, not 30 or 42 days from today - to proclaim a single date would be far too ballsy and ignorant....

I think the gov't is issuing a standard warning which is both designed to alert and frighten. And you really have to ask yourself, is that such a bad thing? It's fight or flight and some people are going to be the deer in the headlights and some are going to make a move early...some won't have that choice...but basically the gov't is just playing off of what they think they know - which could be everything, something or nothing. Don't take me as pro-gov't tho....I'm just stating what I see as the obvious

IMHO I think this whole "turning eachother in" thing is very Anti-American. It complies with the Patriot Act, which is the most hyprocritical defilement of our freedom - Please excuse my extreme analogy here...but Nazi Germany had a similar system to rat out the jews....so most Germans took this just as marg6043 joked about earlier, by claiming that their neighbors were Jews b/c they didn't like them - and we all know what happened to those innocent people who no doubt were unpopular only b/c they didn't support what the masses were for....In the same token, I think this mass hysteria stirred up by the gov't has become a mainstream belief system that is heavily flawed and those who choose to not support it are seen as Anti-American.....

Go figure - All I can say is, be smart and be careful wherever you are...that statement is more than the gov't can do for you by raising their little bars from orange to red.

[edit on 8/4/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

new topics

top topics

join