It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Couple Decides to Raise 'Genderless' Baby

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I don't have children myself but from observation I believe that children are very interested in being "just like" their friends. They don't want to be "different". They are happiest as members of a group with little differentiation among them. Of course differences arise because we are all individuals, but as children most people hate to be the "oddball". Children tend to reject the "oddball". The "oddballs" can even reject themselves.

If a parent deliberately sets out to create an "oddball", aren't they laying the foundation for a sociopathic personality? Particularly interfering with something as important as gender.

Here is a question. If the child spontaneously starts to insist on its biological gender, will the parents compel it to resist gender identification?

I think if parents are going to conduct an experiment on such a fundamental level of personality development, there should be some level of oversight by the authorities.

What they are doing is much different than encouraging a child to take up one of the parents' hobbies, or get involved in the family business.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Fookin' liberal minded left wing nut job !!! I mean WTH ???? A baby is not an " it " for christ sake !!!

I tell ya....If I see these people I'm going to smack them upside the head with my boots !!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You can't raise a genderless baby unless you put them in a bubble and never let them out of the house again. Society treats men and women differently, and we start at the getgo.
Society, nature, you name it, is male and female.
Society will now decide and dictate the gender of that baby, and apply it accordingly.

One thing to let your child choose their own religion, quite anotehr gender.

Well some therapist is gonna make a lot of money in 10 years.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join