It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado claims lives near Oklahoma City, officials say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Tornado claims lives near Oklahoma City, officials say

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- A large tornado touched down Tuesday and advanced on communities northwest of Oklahoma City, snapping power poles, overturning vehicles and injuring motorists, officials said.

Canadian County Emergency Management Director Jerry Smith told CNN there were reports of a large tornado crossing I-40 near El Reno and heading toward Calumet and metropolitan Oklahoma City.

The storm has injured an unspecified number of motorists on Interstate 40 and U.S. 81, Smith said. Deputies were attending to the injured, and there were reports of property damage in the area.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 24-5-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If you're in Oklahoma, take heed! Tornado's are on the ground.

Check the live stream:

www.weather.com...

Mother nature is out of control this year. I can't keep track of the major tornado's.

Obama needs to get back and show some support for the rebuilding effors that will be needed.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

www.kfor.com...
chase.tornadovideos.net...
Normally you can track and watch livestreams from chasers, it seems the site is getting hit with a lot of traffic.

For does who are interested

edit on 24/5/2011 by OnlyLove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

This will most likely get the attention that hurricane Katrina got. Live feeds for a few weeks then quickly forgotten later on. Also same action will most likely take place just like how Bush did all those years ago.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
A tornado in Canton, Okla., formed on air Tuesday afternoon
while broadcasted on News.

www.youtube.com...

Footage from chopper 5/24/11 - Canton OK

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

BREAKING: Sadly, injuries and deaths have been reported with the #tornado near El Reno, #Oklahoma earlier. #OKWX Follow 4 updates
Read more: livewire.koco.com...

Half-mile wide tornado heading into Newcastle, OK. "Get out of its way now, you have two minutes," says KFOR meteorologist.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Tornado in Oklahoma,
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8907bdde804d.jpg[/atsimg]

yfrog.com...
El Reno OK - Semi overturned -
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2ad0d316926.jpg[/atsimg]
twitpic.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's closing in on Noble. Stay safe people get out of the way.

On a rather wacky note the town next to Noble is called Slaughterville

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Tornado near Piedmont, Oklahoma

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wow. I'm watching the tornado live on the stream posted above. This is just amazing, and frightening. This is very obviously a serious situation. Please, take care everyone!

If you are in Stillwater or Goldby they said TAKE COVER NOW!!

I will be watching this all night. My thoughts are with you.

Edit: They also just mentioned if youre in Pauls Valley, take cover!! Very serious tornadic storm heading right for you!! Take shelter immediately!
edit on 24-5-2011 by ProjectBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

This is tragic, another day of tornados.

My heart goes out to these folks.

That live feed from the copter shows a very wide path of destruction...

edit on 24-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Yes, if you were watching the live stream, you would have seen PEOPLE crawling out of this house and others near it. I've never seen anything quite like that. I almost cried. These poor people. I can not even imagine what they have just gone through. My heart and thoughts are with them.

Please, if you are anywhere near this system you need to turn on your TV right now. Or, visit the live stream link above.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
A very close friend of mine is in Stillwater.. cant get ahold of him yet.

Crazy yr.
Here in the St Louis area they have told us on the news that we should expect " large scale" tornadoes and " damaging storms" between 3 and 9 PM on Wednesday. Maybe I havent paid attention, but they usually cant predict that precise so far out usually and some of the terminology is a bit odd. Ive only been in this area maybe 5 yrs, but the folks who have lived here in my age bracket ( 40-50) say they have never seen it like this.

Stay safe all
Anyone in the Belleville Illinois area that needs me.. u2u me. SO many stinking flood planes around here many areas have no basements. I have no problem stacking you all up like firewood in my stone and concrete basement

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
TPTB have declared war on the American
Heartland using HAARP. They will destroy
any and all means of resistance to their
power structure.

You home = gone
Your food = gone
Your guns and ammo = gone
Your transportation = gone
Your will to fight = gone
Your family members = gone
Your brothers in arms = gone

when you have nothing, they will
offer their solution.

Your loyalty to the NWO.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

If its any consolation, they came back and said that Stillwater is now in the clear.

Now they are saying Dale, McClaud, and northeast of the Shawnee Mall. If you are in these areas take shelter below ground.

Edit: They've also just said people in Ardmour should seek shelter. Also, they just confirmed 2 deaths. Very sad.

edit on 24-5-2011 by ProjectBlue because: more info

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm in Claremore, Oklahoma - Rogers county. Next to Tulsa. I'm at my parents farm along with allot of family members watching the computers and TV. Preparing for that wall to hit us. I'll be sure to take any pictures if we are hit hard. That wall, huge cell, as of 6:49pm cst is heading straight at us.
edit on 5/24/2011 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Get used to tragedies all over the US and world (for that matter) for quite sometime to come. Agencies like Red Cross are already getting low on funds from helping down south last month and sending help to Japan. They are currently having fund raising drives around the courntry to rebuild their coffers. Don't expect much help from the feds because they want the worst outcome. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better(sorry to say). Blessings to everyone trying to educate the public about HAARP, and NWO! Getting rid of 95% of the world population is not an easy task and will take some time. Lets all say a prayer for all the victims of these tragedies.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
TPTB have declared war on the American
Heartland using HAARP. They will destroy
any and all means of resistance to their
power structure.

You home = gone
Your food = gone
Your guns and ammo = gone
Your transportation = gone
Your will to fight = gone
Your family members = gone
Your brothers in arms = gone

when you have nothing, they will
offer their solution.

Your loyalty to the NWO.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

Yeah, I hear ya! Include that they will take you out if you know what's going on because they want only blind sheep remaining. If there were people who knew stuff remaining, eventually they could be tried for war crimes down the road like Nazis after WWll !

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectBlue
reply to post by Advantage

If its any consolation, they came back and said that Stillwater is now in the clear.

Now they are saying Dale, McClaud, and northeast of the Shawnee Mall. If you are in these areas take shelter below ground.

Ahhh TY very much.
WHen I couldnt reach him.. I sorta freaked a little!

I survived the big outbreak in OKC in the early 80's. In these areas seek shelter is a joke.. there are very very few basements in the area. I saw that video on my local news here concerning the tornado when it touched down near stillwater.. and I swear even at my age... gives me a little anxiety issue. I can tell....you as a kid I was TERRIFIED by tornadoes after one small portion of time in OKC and later in Tulsa. Forget monsters in the closet.. these are the most fearsome monsters that I can think of. Right now kids surviving these things in OK and also in Joplin, its going to haunt them in ways for the rest of their lives. I attribute surviving it as a direct contributor to making me live a prepper llifestyle in my adulthood.

Again, thank you for letting me know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join