It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will the US follow other countries and start a revolution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Like many others have already said, It won't happen until the local Wal Mart stops selling cheetos and American Idol stops playing. Iv seen it several times on a small scale, a store is out of someones favorite junk food and they fly into a complete panic and then get extremely angry(A certain type of person is more prone to this behavior than others, but that's another topic entirely) If it happened all over the nation at once we would definitely see some marching, though what they would be marching for is another matter entirely...

There are saboteur resistance groups and lone wolves out there doing things, they aren't as blatant as they used to be but they are still there. The media wants you to think everything is just peachy and that no one would ever do such a thing here. Don't believe it. The sheep might not be mobilized but there are definitely efforts in effect right now.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Raverous because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I said it once, but will say it as many times as I have to... Apathy. We have been herded to think that the next election will change everything. as long as we vote the right way, we will be saved.We have yet to realize that no matter the vote, we get the same result. We should have had a revolt sometime ago... no with all the new "rules" in place it would be harder to carry out now. But it is not too late... we just have to wait for the right moment... and it is coming soon... we must first Shed the Bonds of Apathy.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What it is going to take, initially, is all of the current militant groups in the US to join together for the common good. Then those of us who are lone wolves have to join in. Revolution can be achieved, and without much violence, but you can't sit behind your keyboard and expect things to change. Look at the tea Party movement. That was truly an inspiration to watch. An anomaly that gained momentum quickly. You need a spark to ignite the fuse. You need passionate citizens dedicated to the cause, spreading the word. You need leaders not afraid of TPTB.

If you honestly want change, the revolution, then start in your basement. Start spreading the word to friends and family. Build the network, organize meetings, protests, news releases anything to get the word out and get attention. It would be like a snowball. But only YOU can start the revolution. Sitting back and waiting for others to "start" won't get it going. Waiting for the "signal" won't get it started. You will.

I for one am fed up with this country no longer serving it's people. I am a veteran and I did not serve just to watch our country being taken over by greedy politicians and corporate vampires. if our founding fathers could see us now they would roll over in their graves! We have become the society they fought to free us from! You want a revolution? Then prove it!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Continuing my post...this topic should be number one on ATS. When I joined the service I took an oath to defend this country from all enemies both foreign AND domestic. Any other current/former military person should be joining the revolution. Writing your representative will not do any good, we all know this. They were elected to represent US not corporations or lobbyists. I hate hearing a rep say they voted their conscience. They don't have one. Their conscience is what the majority of their district wants them to do. That's what our founding fathers intended when they designed our Constitution. I am sick and tired of people giving lip service to change. I am tired of the fat, lazy, welfare recipients sucking our tax money. I am tired of millionaires and corporations in this country dictating policy for those of us who work and support this country. So, the question is...will you do lip service, or will you take a stand and take back your country?!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
When your grandma's Medicare is gone and you see her suffering...

When gas goes to $5.50 and it costs you $100 to fill your tank in the family minivan or truck...

When milk hits $7/gallon and $4 for a loaf of bread...

When you lose your job and struggle getting another for half the pay...

When you finally see U.S. cops shooting rubber bullets into a crowd of peaceful protestors...

Until all those happen, maybe, just maybe Americans will....

...turn off the TV.

Now to revolt? Things will have to get much, much worse, like no food on the shelves, no gas at the station, that sort of thing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join