It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lance Armstrong - A True Champ or A True Conspiracy of Cheating?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The Lance Armstrong Fairy Tale may come crashing down just like so many others before him. The truth looks like it is finally coming out and it seems very familiar - maybe there will be something to learn about the new-fangled logic of "Too Big To Fail". The following article from Sports Illustrated is a great example of how conspiracies start and can be perpetuated through a combination of skillful use of lawyers and big business. Anyways, the article linked below is a good read and I'd be interested in hearing what people think - did Lance cheat?

Lance Armstrong Too Big to Fail

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Lance Armstrong was a cheat... he cheated death.
Lance Armstrong is an inspiration to all cancer sufferers, he's a legend in my book.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Who is Lance Armstrong and why should anyone care about him?

Just some cancer survivor that the media trots around and tells us to worship?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
^

I think he is a Bicycle Medal Winner of some sort. Olympics? Tour de France?...

Anyways, there are reports coming out now of tell-all books about him and doping. Shooting up friends and such.

Maybe that's how he beat ball-cancer?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Speaking as an avid cyclist and follower of the sport I wouldnt have believed the allegations had Hincapie not come forward. Landis and Hamilton both have tarnished names and nothing to really lose by bringing down Armstrong but Hincapie's name is still good as far as I know.

But doping or not I wouldnt ever consider Armstrong one one of the greats. He cheated in his own way by training for the Tour and only the Tour and riding only the Tour when riders like Merckx and Hinault rode their asses off dominating any races they entered all year long.

Compared to real cyclists like that Armstrong is a limp chump.
edit on 24-5-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
He's a cheater. Both in "work" and his home life. He's trash IMO. He couldn't even keep what he had left IN his pants after losing a part of the package!

He shared "the juice" in many a way:
One juice was illegal and cheating
The other juice, Not Illegal, in most states, but still cheating

For me this equals spoiled LOSER

edit on 24-5-2011 by Bachrk because: add on

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Of course he cheated. Every bit as much as he stands rightly accused of it.

He is from an era of athletes that stand in the records because they were doper's.

new topics

top topics

join