It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large tornado moves toward Oklahoma City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Large tornado moves toward Oklahoma City

(CNN) -- A large tornado touched down Tuesday and was advancing on Oklahoma City, snapping power poles and overturning vehicles, officials said.

Canadian County Emergency Management Director Jerry Smith told CNN there were reports of a large tornado crossing I-40 near El Reno and heading toward Calumet and metropolitan Oklahoma City.

Smith reported several vehicles were overturned, but there were no immediate reports of injuries.

The storm pushed into Concho and Piedmont.

CNN Oklahoma City officials broadcast images of the large storm, dumping rain as it moved toward more populated areas.

CNN

ETA I thought I put this in Fragille Earth

edit on 24-5-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Been watching this since the start...there are 2 supercells. Here is the live link:

www.kfor.com...

Watch the storm chasers here:

www.tornadoalleylive.com...

more heading for Oklahoma City
edit on 24-5-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

They're saying it looks to be an EF-4

One coming into Chickasha now

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Yea.. They called it, too. I started This thread a couple hours ago.. Scary situation...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Been following on weather channel for a couple of hours now. Watch live stream of the tornado here:

www.weather.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Another link to the chasers.

Link

Thanks,
OnlyLove

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is incredible...massive storms...one after another
Tornado warnings all over the place
Ham operators telling the TV station that there is a critical injury & missing children near Guthrie

Tornadoes almost invisible because of the rain, just like Joplin

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hazey

omg...listening live in australia. these poor people

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
can anyone recommend a live radio link

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

ahhhh poor doggyy,, lol cool.

And God Bless. thats one long lasting couple a cells, How Wide, is this supposed too be?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Long time since I've done a post. Felt worthy just in case this is the end *grins* hahah.. its never the "end" but anyhow....
This storm is now entering into Missouri.. and here I sit. Awaiting... and I've honestly ran out of my regular "drinks" to prep before bad storms... hmm... have liquor just in case. Have a few things stocked.. Live in the middle o nowhere so I doubt we'll hear any sirens. Tornado Watch till 3 a.m. CDT -- meaning .. eh.. roughly 7 ish hours left till i can sleep.
This makes me think a little bit more, should have published something .. should have wrote something about myself.. should have done more *shrugs* lol, this isn' the end, its just an excuse to debate getting more active with my literacy.
Status: College student, last year, French Major, World language Minor : German/Italian/Spanish and have taken Chinese 1 and soon Japanese 1 if all goes well... C'est la vie non?
That is one of the few things i'm proud of to share in case all hell breaks loose before... hmm.. all hell breaks loose hehhe.
I really don't know what else to put? Philosophies... wishes, desires, reality... meh. I will make it through but i'm just mentally preparing as the Samurai have in the past... expect the worst type o scenario and hope for the best?

Now since I've written this spiel... I will have to post upon my survival to assure I haven't disappeared somehow.. so.. worst to worst if yhou don't from here from me within.. oh...a week ish.. yeah... I will post on here if it all goes well.. if not and I return, i will make a new post so.. either way *shrugs* The Net has been ... scheiBe to be honest... anyhow.. best of wishes ...

Hmm.. will stay on as long as possible to keep myself .. active... wondering about ze scotch now.. maybe... definitely if it happens.. stocked food and water and a few items I like lol...
Ciao!!!

Choiseul
edit on 24-5-2011 by Choiseul because: Re-re-read it and wrote "the worst" near 5 times in one or two sentences.. meh

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Choiseul

Well you could give a running dialog in each of your languages
with pics
keep you busy,,, connected ,, but foremost,, play safe.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Hahah.. if I did that, wrote it down on paper, and lets say it flew 100 miles away... I guarantee someone would think it came from Europe
You all have a good night! ... 6 more hours to go til I can relax.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Ok.. the storm seems to be settling down enough that i'm not overly anxious. Survived another "could-have-been" type o day. So alive once again hehe.
Time to return to the shadows between the pages... *cue twilight zone music*

top topics

join