It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the reoccuring experiences I keep having ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You know when you're just about to wake up from sleep, either in the middle of the night, or in the morning, it's sort of like your half awake, and for like an instant, you feel the presence of something unsettling/evil, and it's almost like you can make out someone/something standing right next to you. And it's sort of like you're paralyzed for like a fraction of a second. And you afflicted with this overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety.

It all happens really quick, and you recognize your surroundings, only that it's in like half dream state. Every time I wake up from it, my heart starts beating crazy fast, and it takes a few seconds to calm myself down.

I've experienced this very few times before. Maybe two or three times (during the course of my whole life, and I'm 20 years old), and I had my most recent one like a week ago or so. And it just got me thinking, what is this horrible experience ?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Sleep Paralysis sometimes doesn't shut off all the way when you wake up.

This has happened to me a few times - very unsettling experience!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I keep having a reoccuring dream in which I have to defend myself or my family. It always comes down to me drawing a weapon and firing, yet the bullets seem to just hit the suspect and drop to the ground. In these dreams, I never see faces, but I know the person.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis...and yes, it can be pretty awful sometimes.

Funny you post this thread right now...I'm having a terrible dilemma with this today too.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hey man- if I were you I'd start recording all my dreams. And in fact, me being me, I just started this for myself.

Now don't rely on some outside consciousness to interpret it for you, because it's your subconscious talking to your conscious. But try this, log it enough and see if you can put the puzzle together. I'm not saying it's predicting a future event, but it may just be one side of the brain talking to the other. You learn about yourself that way, kinda cool.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

so this really is the so called sleep paralysis ? well the fear definitely doesn't go away until you've had atleast a few seconds to reflect and calm yourself down!

reply to post by Wildeagle

did ya have it today ? =(

while it's like the most unsettling experience i've ever had in my life, it's still interesting to a degree. it's quite amazing that our mind can screw with us like that.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hi' Everyone? (hehe)!

Yes, over the years I had all the crazy experiences of deja vu, waking dreams, sleep paralysis and every kind of nightmare. But there is a great cure!!! (cryptic message)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Enlighten us with the cure ?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Yes, just today..I went for a powernap when it happened.
I've had some before, but today was my first one in maybe 2-3 months. And the most scariest so far. It's now 11pm for me, and honestly, I'm exhausted and really don't want to go to bed.

I know that there was most likely nothing in the room with me, but it just felt so real, that there was an 'entity' which I heard coming up the stairs, I could feel it standing beside my bed, and then I felt it climb onto my bed, and sit on top of my legs. I couldn't move, talk, or open my eyes..but it all just felt so damn real...and not very friendly.

Then maybe a couple of minutes passed and I was able to move again.

The reason I guess that I'm scared to go to my bed tonight is that I can still feel how I felt the entity was in the room on the bed, on me. All of it, although as far as I know, not having actually happened, was a horrible experience.

My other sp's have been tense, but very different in ways.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That's intriguing, Just before christmas i had something similar happen.

I woke up in the early hours of the morning and was unable to move at all, All i could do was blink and move my eyes. After scouring the room i saw in the corner an old mans face, A seriously angry old mans face, so i just closed my eyes until it had passed.

I've gotta say, It was the scariest thing i've had happen to me. I'm guessing this was sleep paralysis too?
edit on 24-5-2011 by Matt6320 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Unfortunately, not able to do that here at ATS, against the rules, but there is a little clue if you pay close attention to the grammar at the very beginning of my initial reply. It works wonders. Not gonna say anymore about it otherwise I'll get in trouble.

Bless!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

wow that's sounds awful! my experiences are nothing compared to that. mine have always lasted for max a few seconds, if even that. but nonetheless very unsettling and have always left me with almost a heart attack ... they're incredibly scary and unsettling.

maybe my experiences will get more intense as i get older ? if so, i really don't look forward to them =/

It makes me wonder though. Is sleep paralyzis completely normal ? Is it a sign of good health, or the opposite ? Cuz I do know that both dreams and nightmares are signs of good health, because your brain is just "excersizing", in lack of a better word.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt6320

Well it could be a form of sleep paralysis ? Don't ask me though, I wouldn't have started this thread if I had any knowledge on this subject !

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

I believe it was. Just been reading it up on wiki and it sounds like it. Also, i believe people in good health get it.

new topics

top topics

join