It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible found to be mistranslated

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
All i can say is this...

You people who judge their knowledge based on how they're dressed.... Grow up...seriously.

I don't know how legit this material is... but i do know this.

You judge people based on their clothing or how they dress?

Epic EPIC FAIL....MORONS!

edit on 25-5-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

They are called "sheeple", you know the ones that can't see past their own beliefs, the ones that won't actually look into what The Chronicle Project people are saying to find out if it's true. People that accept what they have been taught is absolutely infallible.

When I initially came across this several months ago, I was, like many, a "Doubting Thomas". Rather than accept what they had to say, I checked into it myself. When I found the patterns they spoke of, I was astonished! I still do my own research, and don't take everything they say as being correct, but most of the time what I find agrees with what they have said.

The most "astonishing" aspect of this is that in order for a concept to be correct, it has to work in EVERY SINGLE case. The meaning of a glyph has to apply to EVERY instance, and the translation of a glyphset has to apply in EVERY instance of it, if it doesn't, it's not correct. To me that is the purest application of logic.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

First of all, and this is the most basic blunder in their contentions, there are 22 unique characters in Paleo-Hebrew - which matches the 22 of the Assyrian-square script. So, if this were true, how come one can match a psalm from the book of psalms from the Dead sea Scrolls with the same pslam in the 'assyrian' script?

Because they are SCRIPTS not languages. You know like printing and cursive?

DUH

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

Normally im not one to strike out at people... but this crap pisses me off.

Even if this turns out to be wrong, saying "well look how their dressed, they can't be right" Is simply pathetic.

Not much makes me mad, but judging someone based on external appearances...

Ya that boils my blood...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ENlGMA
reply to post by jiggerj

i find your post offensive. i dont see why it has not been terminated by staff..

It has been terminated. I knew it would be because there's such thing as fun here. Okay to post a hoax or outright lies (that's pretty much all there is on this site), and frankly I'm quite tired of it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You've been a member 2 months and you have read every thread and delcared them all hoaxes. Wow, THAT was fast work!!

By all means, feel free to excuse yourself from the site!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
S&F for this ~! .. listening to the YT vid now.. I'll comment when I have time..

~K (I would also HIGHLY consider reading the footnotes of the 'Books' link)
PART 1

PART 2

edit on 25-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

They strike out at their looks because it is easier than making an informed rebuttal. Even the members who spouted off about Hebrew and their knowledge of languages didn't say one thing that made sense. If they have no legitimate rebuttal, they fall back on "they look wierd". How 7th grade!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately only a portion of the interview is online. It does clear up a lot of misunderstandings of how the language "works". Interesting and "of note" is in one of their recent newsletters, that Aramaic may be the same language (with new words added). Begs the thought that Paleo-Hebrew, Phonecian, Proto-Cannanite, Hebrew and Aramaic may only be "scripts" of the same language.

The implications of his are huge. Not only would it affect the 3 major religions of the world (Judaism, Christianity and Islam), but it may have huge bearings on other major inscriptions with these characters, along with a complete revision of ancient language study.

I'm sure that there is a huge community that would want this suppressed, including, and not limited to "the churches"

reply to post by jennybee35

According to some texts "Angels" were easily recognizable...probably because of their "weird looks"...just sayin'

edit on 5/25/2011 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: to add

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

You got that right! What a threat to the ones that have kept the truth hidden for so long! I really wish I was better at the SDH. I would spend 75% of my time trying to figure out the truth of everything I have ever questioned.

How cool will it be when this goes mainstream and a few of the 'scholars' that are really looking for truth apply this to other texts and inscriptions?? It gives me the shivers to think about it!! Just imagine what some of them might actually say about our history??!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So . . . people of the Jewish faith have been reading their holy book wrong since it's inception.

Got it

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Pretty much sums it up. Why? Because there is an allusion to a directive to Daniel to "seal up the book".

Make your own conclusion from that.

Here's a way out theory for ya:

God saw the lawlessness of man, how his words were being used for control and told Daniel to "seal up the book".

Being one of the few scholars left after the exile, the "sabotage" began, knowing that only the truly righteous, and those that sought the truth would see it, because they would seek God from their heart.

edit on 5/25/2011 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: to add

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Nope. They have been reading what was given to them. It is just that what was given to them was misleading, words and meanings changed to suit an agenda unknown to them.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Not buying it.

*shrug*

Have fun with this.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
You guys are funny laughing at Christians for this. Do you realize that this theory basically is attempting to throw scholars' ideas of Hebrew right on it's head?

Plus the Greek Septuagint was written before the time of Jesus. In this bible it was translated into Greek. To act like the Hebrew world of that time would not understand how to properly translate Hebrew..... But that a group of people from Canada in 2011 would "discover" the secrets of Hebrew is laughable.

I'd love to see these guys have a debate with a some real Hebrew experts. The experts would chew these clowns up and spit them out.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That was one of the most poorly written stories I've seen. Vague, yet full of hot-button words and insinuation. The Bible mistranslated? What does it even matter? It's too late now for anyone to go back and correct the typos.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
WHOA ~! ahhh.. ok .. well .. this is of note~!!

The Retranslated Ancient Hebrew Texts COPYRIGHT THE CHRONICLE PROJECT 2009

the HEBREW TEXTS of Matthew

SOURCE The Chronical Project

Matthew,Book of Matthew (Footnotes from the SDH)
Chapter 24
v5. Church leaders will be entering, to draw attention to themselves, to declare
that they can manifest the powers of the anointed one, and so will proceed to distort you.
v6 And with those, this will occur. You will proceed to hear of the continuing war.
And those of the continuing fellowship, they will begin to change allegiance and this will
continue.
These who are distracted, warn. Tell them they are to proceed to devote themselves
to the previously mentioned instructions.
A period will come of great mourning, to prepare (the world) for the first ones.
And so nation will overtake nation and this kingdom upon that kingdom.
And so will exist a continuous clamor, which will continue to multiply. Hunger will increase,
this to break people apart and to project fear among them and this shall continue to grow worse.
v8 It is the heads of the world that all of this proceeds from, this continuous suffering.
v9 Then they will bind you with continuing trouble, to try and crush you. And these things will
exist to disgrace the steps upon the name to manifest.
v10 Then many shall be trembling and shall amid, yield, them, amid them. And so to proceed to
wrath being, between them..
v11 And so shall appear a prophet to brace the (ones), who deceive, and so to wander being with
many.
v12 And amid this ongoing, attempting to supply, the people will do many wrong things and
caring
for others will proceed to collapse among the majority of people.
v13 And to advance, they will attach themselves to the first ones to be rescued.
v14 And they will proceed to seek to bring news to, to power (evangelize) this thing amid all the
Earth, to,
to witness to manifest upon all the nations. And now to proceed to enter the first ones, the
aforementioned (anti Christ)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

the HEBREW TEXTS of Matthew

SOURCE The Chronical Project

I don't know, man. It's missing a lot of the poetry. Sounds more like instructions on how to hook up your home theater.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonhead

Yep, that is exactly what is being said. 300 years is a long time between the original Hebrew and The Septuigint translations. So yeah, a language can be corrupted extensively in that amount of time.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory
Oh dear, quite a bit of talk about 'supreme ones', 'celestials' and 'illumination' in the first book 'The Chronicle'.

The illuminati believers will have a field day with that one!

Just a snippet....

v1 To chronicle the beginning of the supreme ones production with our celestials and with the planet Earth. v2 And the planet Earth had existed for a long time without attention and being of note. And darkness covered the salt water ocean. And the supreme ones drew (in from an outside source) air over the face of that water. v3 And so declared the supreme ones,"Let that which illuminates exist and that which illuminates occurred. v4 And the supreme ones perceived with that which illuminates and as so were satisfied with the results. And with this action the supreme ones separated between that which illuminates and the darkness. v5 And the supreme ones named that which illuminates,"to arise" and to darkness called by the name,"to carry away". And so existed sunset and then sunrise and these two times are now united to be known as "The Day to Unite"

Yep... sounds just like a bunch of people who know zilch about the natural biological processes of earth and are trying to sound like they know what they're talking about. Everything that was not understood was the consequence of G-d/s. Am thankful for the invention of the microscopes, the telescopes, the satellites, the microchip and the ability to harness electricity.

Beats me why we have to keep re interpreting misinformation from a culture/religion that kept people in the dark and subordinated for thousands of years. Some people have a belief in this info that is beyond the rational and an alternative translation will never be accepted regardless of the truth. Its like the mistranslated version is part of their identity that they can't let go of. I can't help but wonder if it has been bred into them like the idea a sheep dog has of chasing sheep... it can't help itself. Free will is freedom from old religions.

Years ago I read that the word for 'rope' and 'camel' were the same in Aramaic but the passage was translated as... "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." (Matthew 19:24) ... well rope would make more sense, who would consider riding a camel through the eye of a needle. The concept is obtuse as a metaphor in comparison to the word 'rope'.
a random reference

Red Sea mistranslated from original meaning of Sea of reeds or Sea of sea-weed.random reference

Thankful for the Internet, .... for too long people have been mislead by mistranslation and at least these days, there is an alternative source of info.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join