It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible found to be mistranslated

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone

From what I have read and studied from many different sources, the Bible is pretty accurate historically....accurate geographically....

So if its accurate geographically, why is Mt. Sanai in a very different place than where its described in the bible? Of course, the most probable answer is that it wasn't Mt. Sanai they were at, OR somewhere along the timeline of history it was changed and the name given to another mountain.

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

It doesn't help that the entire crew looks like the cast from the movie Underworld.

They are from Canada, aint much sun, eh.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I personally wish half as many people would spend half the amount of time researching our Constitution and how much of it is being mistranslated.

Or better yet. Read the original Constitution and realise that we "interpret" it validity to modern jurisprudence. So basically some guy in (insert date here) that has been voted into office has to try and figure out how to reword it to fit modern culture....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
If you want to research the biggest bible scam research how the word "God" came to exist.

In 1610 the new English word was created. Was it based upon scripture? Nope. Did it kinds sound like what they were calling their deity in 1609? Nope.

It was pulled straight from someone's rear. Find out WHO.....you'll be shocked. Dan Brown could write a book on it.

The old scriptures has our deity telling someone WHAT to call their Lord......it wasn't "God".

Find out what the letter "G" means to the illuminati/masons. A King...some people with money...and some religious heads created a new religion for the masses.

King James edited the bible, the Catholic Church was involved....millions were slaughtered globally to push forth and take control of portions of Earth using the Spanish military. All under the guise of their new religion to justify their evil.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Heh..

I actually meant where/what exactly on the site you were reading, but thanks much. Will dig more into it today.

I'd like to see this method vetted by some experts in hebrew and linguistics for confirmation as well as if anyone can give some clarity as this is a bit unpolished so far, but like your example earlier (age of earth), it actually aligns more closely with my long views.

The word hayah, usually translated 'was' in "earth was formless and void", can also (likely better) be translated 'became', which squares with my views of an original creations, untold passage of time and events (lost histories of the earth/ancient mythical societies, possible "angelic" civilization on mars -'rolling stones of fire'- , etc.).

Thanks again, I look forward to seeing what all we find out here.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Thanks kindly for this, the constant discussion of it being a tool for power and control always kills me.

I can't argue much for saying the same about the ORGANIZED church as exists today, honestly, although I tend to see more good than harm there even if I feel is definitely some off-tracking, but reading the new testament itself - and applying grains of salt to the epistles as I consider them mainly commentary and recommendations/interpretations - all I see as I've been digging back into it the last few days is "You must forgive everyone everything, or you won't be forgiven - as he forgave so much more...be a servant to make this world better for others...only do as you want done to you'...'don't offend or judge'...mainly a lot of things we tend to fail miserably at and misrepresent horribly on a daily basis. The path is indeed narrow and very few are those who actually find it.

If the entire world could subscribe to such things - I know not possible as this place is under new management and these laws & this kingdom are not of this world - it would be the ultimate hippy paradise. Anyhow, I definitely want to see what all turns up of this new translation as I don't think will be quite as shocking to some of us as is expected.

Take care.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You can discuss the problems with the bible and you can try to educate people who use "blind faith" instead of common sense and evidence, but at the end of the day you're just....

No one wants to hear that they're entire belief system is a fallacy.

edit on 25-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is all very interesting, going through the site and two quick points I gleaned..

1. The Supreme Beings - They refer to this in plural and state this isn't a mistake, but they say God could be part of this group but there's definitely a plural.

2. The fact that the bible actually states that the earth, sun and moon already existed and that these supreme beings "seeded" the earth ..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The bible as been rewritten so many time anyone with any logic can deduce it is not accurate. I remember in high school we did a simple experiement. We lined up 10 people next to each other. The teacher whispered a phrase in to the first person in line. That person whispered it to the next and so on. By the time it got to the last person the phrase was completly different than the original. I can only imagine how translations from various languages would complicate it. I would not be a bit surprised if the bible was originally a science fiction novel, written by our founding alein ancestors to keep peace or written by God himself. That is the problem, there is no real way to tell and that is why I am not religious. If there was a real God then in my opinion God would make it pretty clear who he is and what he expects. We wouldn't need a bible or faith. God is supposedly our creator then he would know we would lose faith over thousands of years without any appearance from him. I am pretty sure God would not want us sitting in a church on Sunday listening to a biased preacher getting a free ride from your donations.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well, you have a point there. I just have a hard time believing that there are still people that want to argue about how old the earth is. Really? Just completely and totally ignore all the archaelogical evidence that exists of humans existing for thousands and thousands of years on the earth? That logic is a major FAIL.

God never said that the earth was only 6,000 years old or that there was never any other life here before us. Where do they get this crap?!
They need to worry less about what God didn't say and more about what He is saying now!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

It took me a long time before I felt Ancient Alien Theory was correct, but I did so through lots of research and analysis of different religions, NOT simply by believing what the masses of people believe

You have your opinion of how you found your "truth". I believe that all of that misleading info has been left for searching people to find and swallow for thousands of years. Do you really think that this has just started? Don't you realize that the ones who want you to believe in aliens are as old as the ones who want you to find the truth. This conspiracy is not decades old, it is as old as the current age of man. It's been being perpetrated since the garden. That is why it is so pervasive. What better way to mislead than to plant false clues and evidence in false religions from 10,000 years ago! There it is, just waiting for you to discover and believe!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
For people who've not read the article and are commenting ( obvious to me some are just going off the title ) ... this speaks more to the fact that our understanding of ancient hebrew in and of itself has been in error.. our understanding of ancient hebrew and the rules developed around that false understanding allowed for it to be interpretive... the rules of ancient hebrew allowed for a word's meaning to be altered by the sentence it was in ..

This article states that the proper system of ancient hebrew is exact and doesn't allow for this kind of thing to happen.. so they are presenting to you PRECISELY what it says, verbatim..

So this wipes away interference, pressures and influences from various sources present in each subsequent re-trasnslation

What you get is an entirely new text with only passing similarities to the versions we know

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

It took me a long time before I felt Ancient Alien Theory was correct, but I did so through lots of research and analysis of different religions, NOT simply by believing what the masses of people believe

You have your opinion of how you found your "truth". I believe that all of that misleading info has been left for searching people to find and swallow for thousands of years. Do you really think that this has just started? Don't you realize that the ones who want you to believe in aliens are as old as the ones who want you to find the truth. This conspiracy is not decades old, it is as old as the current age of man. It's been being perpetrated since the garden. That is why it is so pervasive. What better way to mislead than to plant false clues and evidence in false religions from 10,000 years ago! There it is, just waiting for you to discover and believe!

The ancient alien theory to me at least, is somewhat supported by this new translation.. the reference to God in the context of "The Supreme Beings" rather than the singular omnipotent one as well as reference in the new translated Genesis that says the earth, sun and moon already existed but were lifeless.. seeded by the supreme beings.. sits well with ancient alien theory

I'm not suggesting I subscribe to that theory personally but I did feel it important to point out that this new translating of the text is more in support of that than the original we know
edit on 25-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Did anyone check out their bios? The women don't look like Hebrew scholars to me, nor do the pictures have the look of ones done for a Hebrew scholar site do they? I mean come on. Look at the individual pics. I forgot all about the sites purpose looking at the pics.

Jennifer
Kimberly
Danielle

I think I may look in to being a Canadian Hebrew scholar. Just sayin...

V

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by keldas
Researches from Canada claim that the Bible has been grossly mistranslated in the past -

ireport.cnn.com...

Thanks for posting from a fellow Bible Researcher. Yes, this is really going to get the goat of resident and non-resident Christians, I guess they will now be forced to change some of those die hard beliefs. It is time for the TRUTH to be known on everything there is to know, and I think the Bible/Koran, and any other "Book Religion" should have their book examined carefully for it's origins and where it was copied from. Edgar Cayce told us that the true history of Planet Earth is beneath the right paw of the Great Sphinx, and I for one believe it is thee, just as he said. One day soon we will all know the truth about everything. How will you handle it, dear reader? Can you take in in stride and go forward, or will the knowledge depress you to the point of suicide, or simply drive you insane?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
wow... thiis story has been changed, due to the translation...

v6 And so Ruler of all the supreme ones sprang up everything from the land that was pleasant to the sight. And items that were pleasant and satisfying to eat. And to look into, reflecting ponds throughout the garden. And then he created a tree, the one of the lasting knowledge of being satisfied inside, or to live in fear.

v13 The Ruler of all the supreme ones gave a command to the appointed to say,"All of the trees of the enclosed area you may proceed to eat. The tree of the lasting knowledge of being satisfied inside or to live in fear, that you are not allowed to eat from. The day you eat of it, you will experience death, before your death (of age).

The fact that Adam was always expected to die of old age seems like a foregone conclusion not a consequence of disobedience. Notice above that the punishment here is not death, as in you're not going to live forever, but immediate death.

Chapter 2 v1 God made the shining one come to explain, everything which advanced on the Earth.. And he came to the woman, to expend, (what he had been given to say). "The supreme ones have declared that you are not to eat from the tree of the garden". The woman responded," That fruit, of tree of the enclosed area, is to eat! And that fruit, of the tree to advance amid, in the middle of the enclosed area, the
supreme ones now say that we are not to eat of it and to not even touch it or it will cause us to transfigure?!"v4 The shining one answered responding to the woman,"You will not die if you transfigure. The supreme ones know that the moment you eat of this, you will breath in your sight and move to the higher level as them, and have the knowledge of being satisfied and to fear". v6 And then the woman understood that she would not be satisfied until she ate from the tree. And so she began to desire the tree which she knew gave sights and coveted the tree. She reached out a took fruit from the tree and ate. Then she handed one to her husband that had come to her side. And he ate. v7 And then the sight of wisdom came on both of them. Suddenly knowing, they transformed into watchers (the form of angels). Suddenly they broke forth and began to put forth (energy) which engulfed them. Then, they heard a call announcing Ruler of all the supreme ones was about to walk in the garden, to take in the day. So they hid themselves, the appointed and his wife, from the ruler of all the supreme ones in the middle tree of the garden.

So according to this God sent the one who has been described as the serpent, who is called the shining one here, to reiterate to Eve not to eat from the tree. He doesn't tell a lie, instead tells Adam and Eve the truth that they won't die, and they are indeed made like the Angels who created them when they eat the fruit.

v9 Ruler of all the supreme ones called out to the appointed,"Where are you?" v10 And the appointed responded,"Let those you are with stay back, then follow my voice in the garden, but come alone, because my companion and I have become watchers". v11 And when God came to them he asked,"Who persuaded you, as you have transformed into watchers. Did I not tell you that the tree was mine. Now that you have eaten from the tree, this cannot be undone!" v12 And the appointed one said,"The woman of me that you advanced, gifted from you, she was the one who handed it to me from the tree and so I ate." v13 And so the Ruler of all the supreme ones asked the woman,"Do you acknowledge this thing which cannot be undone?" And the woman replied,"The shining one of Zion, brought it about and so I ate." v14 And so declared the Ruler of all the supreme ones, to respond to the actions of the shining one,"What you have done has cursed everything, from the herds to everything which represents the land over. Your rise among our ranks is over. From this point forward, everything you do will turn to dust. v15 Hostility will become an obstacle between you and the woman, between your seed and between the offspring that will be known as...those who will not follow your envision (for Earth) So, leader (of the Earth) you leave us as the most insignificant of us all.

v16 Then to the woman he said,"From now on, your work shall be giving birth to children, and it will be painful to give birth, but you will gain children from it that you will care for. The response to being with you husband (physically), will be to become pregnant on an ongoing basis and your desire to have and care for your children will be a driving force in you." v17 Then to the appointed one he said,"As it stands, you listened to what your wife said and ate from the tree to advance. My decree to you was not to eat of the fruit from the tree. You will now have to endure strengthening the land by farming. So, you will In this labor you can make up for the damage you did for the rest of your life. v18_________ and _______ to proceed to shrink to manifest your a
nd to eat to continue with young shoots (of) the field
v19Inside the sweat of your fatigue, you will eat what you bake, until at such time as you return to the land. What comes out of the land, must be put back. As so, you were made from the dust of the land, and when you die, you will become dust again. v20 And so the appointed called his wife,"to reproduce", to draw attention to her. She became known as, the long lived mother of all that look back. v21 And so to finish, Ruler of all the supreme ones created a cloaking which blinded the appointed and his wife from what they knew, and so suspended the power that flowed from them, (so they were human again). v22 And so declared Ruler of all the supreme ones (to those around),"The appointed one became as us, knowing being well ordered inside or to live in fear. A short time ago, he reached out his hand and gathered from the tree of the reflecting ponds and ate and now will reflect on all he knows to time beyond sight. v23 And so (because he was unworthy) Ruler of all the supreme ones banished them from the enclosed area of Eadan, to serve with the land, to rebuild respect for his name, (the appointed). V24 And so the appointed one was expelled. And so to stop anyone entering, there was placed at the entrance to Eadan, the securities. And with blasts of light that burn, they go back and forth to warn away from the path to the tree of the reflecting pools.

Then God describes their punishment, which isn't death not caused by old age as he earlier threatened. He also takes away the powers, through cloaking, that the fruit gave to them as stated by the shining one. He then expelled them from the Garden and guarded it so that they couldn't reenter and regain the powers which God deemed them unworthy of.

edit on 25-5-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
umm, right....so these are the people responsible for the chonricle project...

They really do look like satanists/vampires..Was it really wise of them to post a picture of themselves?

Anyways. How many people here can read Hebrew? And yet im reading comments like "Duh", and "obviously".... What gives you the right to think you know what qualifies as actual Hebrew?

This is obnoxiously inane and i am dumbfounded that CNN would propagate these claims.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is a completely new way of looking at the Hebrew language... So it would stand to reason that knowing how to read Hebrew, which I do a little, wouldn't be too helpful in these people's theory.

The hebrew language, was originally believed to have been a combination of other older languages, which evolved
into the hebrew dialect.
The breakthrough in our understanding began with the concept that rather than an evolved language, it might be
exactly as it described itself, the language of God.
It was with this premise in mind, that the chronicle research team approached the language, for several reasons.
1. If hebrew was a mix of older languages around it, then the first five books of Moses, the Torah (as most believe)
are a mere compilation of older legends, collected and handed down through the generations. If so, then as a holy
writing, they hold no more validity then any other legend. Why? Because they contradict the story of their own
creation, which states that they were given to us by God at Mount Horeb.
2. If, Hebrew was as described in the opening statement, given of God, then the rules from other man made
languages, used to interpret the hebrew language, were not applicable. Their use would cause wide spread error in
the translation.
And so the question was posed;
If this truly is the language of higher beings, given to man, should it not show evidence of this?
With this in mind, the team began searching for unified rules, set patterns that would occur in such a language.
The first breakthrough came from Kim, examining the hebrew word to tear up (#5420 in the Strong's Dictionary)
She noticed that the following words in the list, held the same concept of "to tear", but the direction changed when
the third letter changed. So by this, it became apparent that the first two letters carried the main concept of the idea,
and the next letter gave description to the concept. As follows:
-tear up
-tear out
-tear down
-tear off
-tear asunder
-tear away
The team then began to check other words, and found a this same common pattern.
With this in mind, a two word list of what the team believed were the root words, was assembled, to see if a
common pattern for the added letters could be found.
After eighteen month and multiple attempts, a successful list of the 22 letters and their affect on the root words were
assembled.
It was at this time considered that the two letter root words were not words at all, but that each letter was its own
concept.
This was the quantum leap that we had been looking for.
Each letter of the hebrew language, was not a letter after all, but rather a symbol for a word, just as the Egyptians
have (see hebrew glyph table) But, with a stunning difference. The complete language was formed using only 22
glyphs, which by simple combination, could create any idea that one wished to convey.
Interestingly, the first compilation of the work, was completed on the first day of purim 2009
With the list of the 22 glyphs, the team was now able to approach the Book of Genesis, to read what was actually
there for the first time in over 1500 years.
And the first word which as long as any one can remember has read..."In the beginning", became;
To amid - [to perceive - to project] (to envision) - to manifest - to continue...
To envision and then make it manifest, to continue...or
The action of taking something from the mind, written down in continuing order

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I love the vernacular of the language!! It is rather poetic to me... Very different and it helps to explain a lot of things that did not add up....to me that is.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by keldas

even if it were translated to 100%
it would still be a book of lies and mind control

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Heh. I think before we worry about any of that, we should take into account that this project is the opinion of a small group of non-experts, at least as far as I can tell from reading their 'bios'.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't think new discoveries and revelation can't come from such sources, but I also recall that one of the first things I usually see on any thread questioning any sort of conventional wisdom is an attack on the qualifications of such sources - yet for some reason, here I am mainly seeing unquestioning and granted acceptance without the batting of an eye.

Quite entertaining to think this group of 8 or so has stood religion on its head (even though there hasn't even been much new or altered information presented here anyway) without anyone wanting to think more deeply about it.

Take care.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join