It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Silence, Reason for Concern

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Glad to see some "positive" responses, it's not all hopeless.

But, I actually don't see much progress really happening. It's nice to be optimistic, and have ideas, and have someone like Ron Paul out there with a message, but the reality is that there are PTB, and they have a plan, it's just not "positive" from the prole point-of-view.

To me, it continues to look as if we're being "set-up" to eventually receive, with open arms, some kind of "savior", who will arrive on the scene with a strong will, plenty of back-up, the perfect context, and "answers".

Unfortunately, the guy will probably be more of an antichrist figure, and screw a hefty portion of humanity while pushing an elite agenda, to yet the next level.

Oh well.

JR

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
There is almost a complete media blackout on Fukishima. Now we have to wait until Jun 20th before anymore news comes out as the International community is about to do their own assessment. This is obviously the worst meltdown in World history and there is virtually no news of what is going on and the news that does trickle out is full of coverup to include temperature ranges of the melted cores, etc. etc.

Posted at 10:05 AM ET, 05/24/2011
Tepco: Surprise! Two more reactors melted down at Fukushima plant
By Elizabeth Flock

(REUTERS) Not one but three nuclear reactors suffered a meltdown at the Fukushima Daiichi plant in the days following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami in north-east Japan.

But Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco) conveniently left that part of the story out, until now.

Tepco insists that the meltdown at reactors 2 and 3 were not as big of a deal as the one suffered at reactor 1, mostly because the reactors were covered in water and so didn’t threaten the compound, according to the Guardian. Tepco also said that temperatures at the fuel rods remained well below dangerous levels.

But the new announcement further raises doubts about the handling of the crisis by Tepco, which suffered the biggest annual loss by any Japanese firm outside the financial sector last week.

Prime Minister Naoto Kan has said of the public distrust of the announcements: “I am very sorry that the public doesn't trust the various disclosures the government has made about the accident.”

Koichi Nakano, a political science professor at Sophia University, told Reuters that the announcement was timed to minimize the impact on the public. “In the early stages of the crisis Tepco may have wanted to avoid panic,” Nakano said. “Now people are used to the situation.”

Somehow that doesn’t make me feel better.

A delegation from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will arrive in Tokyo shortly to inspect the plant. They will present their findings at a meeting of U.N. ministers on June 20.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jets04
As if we don't have enough to worry about.

Now (as always) Hollywood has been herding us to some kind of alien ET encounter paradigm with movies like Skyline, Battle of Los Angeles, War of the Worlds, Day the Earth Stood Still, They Live, Stargate, etc, etc, ad nauseas etc.

And now NASA, Google, the Vatican (which own and operates Lucifer Binocular Telescope in AZ) appear to be covering-up (but following) the approach of an alleged planet-X orbiting our brown dwarf star neighbor (partnered with our star’s SO(u)LAR system) doing the gravitational "waltz of the spheres". Our sun may be one half of a binary star system with non-luminous low-mass dark star (as Google/CIA would have us believe with counter-intel). We're getting primed for the next level of Robert Antwan Wilson's "Operation Mind Fuch" in his Illuminati trilogy.

This summer is going to be one hell of a ride for us surface dwellers as we are all spun-up to the PsyOps of the 2012 Agenda. It's rumored that Rockefeller, Gates, and other elite families are bunkering down in India. In these posh underground cities there are sound stage replicas of the offices in the Kremlin, Queen's Room of Buckingham Palace, the White House Oval office, and others so it appears that world leaders are sticking it out with their people to the bitter end. This Sumer and Fall, at the very least we may not be bored, just frightfully entertained by regional false/terror/flag hot spots; Or, at the very worst, nothing will be alive (or un-radiated) on the surface.

When it comes to our physical/mental future on planet earth, my highest loftiest peaks of optimism are miles upon miles deeper than your lowest pits of pessimism.

Cheer-up, things are far worse than they seem. The Good News is that "your personal spiritual" Peace and Freedom can be divinely and permanently snatched from the forces of a hellishly chaotic existence in the collective unconscious of eternity.

There is no physical or mental escape from what's coming, there is only spiritual destruction or salvation. We battle not against flesh and blood but powers and principalities (as the GOoD book says).

That's basically the truth, of what's coming this year and beyond and I don't think there's any 'may' or 'might' about it. But TPTB don't so much hide it as dribble out hints of all this with their Deep Impact stuff films : to tell it as it is would make the world ungovernable. If you think carefully and closely examine human nature, you CANNOT tell the truth : if you did so, we've have bedlam. That's not to say we haven't bedlam already, but hey! That's relative. Yet truthseekers do try to tell the truth and do manage to find a minority audience. And intelligent people who recognise truth when they hear it, they are left in a quandry : survive for what?
So when tshtf, the word 'bedlam' would be an understatement.

mclinking
edit on 25-5-2011 by mclinking because: sorry, no edit needed, though there was

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
In your America, when they fought tooth and nail to be free, did they begin their fight with a plan, or did they fight and then decide on the supposed best plan they could come together on for the creation of what they decided to fight for?

I did not read all through this thread, but the early replies seemed as if people want to fight but are afraid to fight alone. If you want to fight but are afraid to fight then you have lost your fight. If you are looking for someone other than yourself to fight for you then you have lost your fight.

When you are alone and are approached by another that wishes by whatever means to abuse you, you have at that point two options, flee or fight. If you can flee you will as all things will. If you are cornered you will be forced to fight.

Is it possible to sit and hope that someone may by chance come along and fight for you? All things are possible but you have to consider how much time you have.

With that I would like to leave you with this. All successes are achieved by three simple things, will , desire, opportunity. If you have the will and you have the desire then only thing that prevents the success of any endeavor is opportunity. Is it possible for opportunity show itself to you if you wait long enough for it? It's possible. Should you having the will and a desire go out and find opportunity? That's what you have to weigh within yourself.

But you can never plan your victory if you haven't yet fought and won. You have to fight a fight before you can resolve your course from victory or your course from defeat.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
reply to post by wcitizen

PEOPLE are the Power - but they don't know it.

Yes, my point exactly. And the MSM does everything to reinforce the 'not knowing'.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim3lord

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by sbctinfantry

. America has been brought down several notches, especially since Obama took office,

OBAMA?? hahaha yeah i forgot what a stellar performance Bush Jr put in.

Gold fish memories lmao.

Why is it when I, or anyone else, brings up the terrible job that Obama is doing someone immediately assumes that I am a Bush supporter? Your ignorance is on display here, because if you knew anything at all you would realize that Bush jr. and Obama are pretty much the same person, politically speaking. I used the word ESPECIALLY, meaning that things have gotten progressively (pun intended) worse since Obama took office... the economic data certainly supports that statement. Bush started us on this road to hell... Obama is putting his foot on the gas.
edit on 25-5-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I went through phases, almost like the ones they say people go through when they are told they are going to die.

First I was angry.

Then I decided I was going to do something about it by voting, and calling and emailing my senators and congressman

More anger when I realized that voting and letting them know how you feel is a complete and utter joke.

Finally I have reached the peaceful stage of acceptance. There isn't a damn thing you or I can do to change what is happening. The only thing that would work is if they physically feared for their very lives.

All we can do is to try to isolate ourselves as much as we can from the corrupt system, and become as self-sufficient as possible.

Be ready for ANYTHING, no matter how absurd it may seem.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jax27

Americans don't care because they can't care. They don't even get vacations from work. They are slaves, tired tired slaves and when they should show concern for their governments actions all they can muster is to turn on the boob tube and get into a vegetative state and forget their miserable lives. Something like that.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The answer is technology.

The energy revolution for starters. That's why Obama won the presidency in the first place.

In the long run it will cost us work because while shingles deteriorate and need to be replaced, solar panels last much longer. Plus with people becoming less and less dependent on the "grid", we will need less transmission lines and guys to maintain them.
But, the immediate transfer would create quite a bit of work.
And the captured energy would open a people's imagination thereby relieving a lot of stress.

And beyond that, we need to start getting off this planet. We don't need any more houses. We don't need another panama canal or any more bridges, train tracks, or roads (even if we did want those things, they’re relatively easy to build now) and war is pretty much obsolete. Nobody really wants to fight. Everybody just wants theirs.

What we need, is progress. Earth is built. Let’s go somewhere and do something else.

As for the Media. Too much news will hurt your head anyhow.

edit on 25-5-2011 by president because: IDK

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

These are all valid points. There are myriad reasons to be disgusted with the media's attention to the various issues that involve the people of this planet (as well as the rest of the creatures we depend on for balance).

However, I would point out that the barrage of information almost desensitizes us. We're so used to thirty second soundbytes and three-minute opinion-based, soft-core journalism that any real depth or breadth would probably skirt our consciousness or dismay us into seeking shelter in the mindless entertainment of the internet or cable television. This is reflected in the news choices that the main networks make.

You addressed the legitimacy of the president. Clearly, if there is or is not anything of substance to his birth certificate issue, I find that it is the biggest loosing battle anyone on the "right" has tried to make. The real winning battle would be executive privilege and war powers. These, if anything, would be the points to void a sitting president's authority. But, of course, if people are only focused on a distractor like the birth certificate, the real issues of legitimacy are left ignored.

The first poster after the OP said that maybe advertisers do not want to have their products associated with doom and gloom. This is most likely true, not due to any grand conspiracy, per se, but rather the general conspiracy that looms around any major corporation: make as much money as possible with the least amount of bad press (propaganda) and accountability to your actions (which tends to cost money).

This is why lobbying is so effective. It's much cheaper to lobby both potential candidates than it is to restore a mountain top, prevent food-borne illness, or shift your profit-generating arm out of a war-based economy.

Also, the real question to ask is why exactly the media needs advertising to exist. We should consider a balance between local public funding and not-for-profit media. It's probably a pipe dream, but worth the effort.

Remember, even NPR has underwriters. (Underwriter = I paid for this segment of "news")

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
I'm skimming the MSM news outlets lately, and I have been having this ominous feeling. There is a total meltdown of a reactor in Japan, a volcano eruption that could effect the atmosphere for centuries, massive flooding of farmland and crops down the Mississippi, a complete and utter failure of "Qantitative Easing", soaring unemployment that is between 9%-20%+ depending on the source, a government spending past it's legal means, a debt that is so large it's impossible to comprehend, a middle east that is looking more and more grave, Israel on the ropes, a President who's legitimacy is in question while he starts his re-election campaign, a vile onslaught against our Bill of Rights through the TSA,Threat Fusion Centers and other organizations, a border that is becoming more and more dangerous each day, and the list goes on and on.

I can't seem to find any solutions from Washington D.C., the MSM, or anyone for that matter. Even fringe activists like Alex Jones point out the problems, but lack any real solutions. I'm getting this feeling lately that we are living in 1984'esque times more than we all really want to admit or believe.

Wilson thought he was rebelling, and people who listen to Glenn Beck and Alex Jones probably do to, but the less you ultimately learn from that story is that in the end, your rebellion is calculated and sated by the other side, if not just outright punished.

Think about what's going on. We're sending attack helicopters to Libya, and the government tells us it's not a war. We are one lazy, freedomless people. We deserve everything we get, and I'm beginning to realize that we will never truly "wake up" or act on our ideas.

We are just another side of the same proletariat, thinking we are free in our minds at least, when in reality we are nothing more than rats in a maze.

Because Obama was born in Kenya duh and that’s so much more important than total meltdowns of nuclear plants, a collapsing economy, war, super volcanoes or anything else that should seem important.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by STL0913
I hear you man. It's really sad that the mainstream media doesn't want to cover this kind of stuff, even though I would consider these the real issues. I've been trying to spread the anti-globalist small government message to all of my friends and family but it seems like they've either lost faith in the government and media already, or they're too caught up in reality television and sports.

This isn't directed at you per se but to everyone else in the US.

Is this an American based problem only? Only ask because the volcanic eruption has been a major headline here in the MSM since it went off and so have a lot of other things listed in the OP. The ony one NOT mentioned any more is Japan.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkATi
I usually browse Msnbc.com, and they seem to be doing an OK job at reporting everything you just mentioned.

They aren't covering Fukushima anymore, though, and they aren't making a big deal about the DOW being under 12500 yet again... (12500 was hailed as the mark of "leaving the recession" of 2008 behind).

But, all in all I think msnbc does a decent job. I wouldn't trust CNN or Fox, though.

Cheers,
Cody

Well Im glad we finally found the one person who watches MSNBC!!

Seriously though, everyone thinks the media's purpose is to report the news, and fill us in, keep us informed.

Actually they just want to sell advertising. If a topic becomes too redundant, or too depressing, they move on. Gotta keep selling those ads!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thank you for your post. Yes, the news is very bias. Some channels like Fox are for the Republicans and MSNBC seems to be for the Democrats and all their issues. With the upcoming 2012 elections, political crap is all that you will find. I wish their was one news channel here in the US that truely was just "world news". I come to sites like this to get my news. I say a BIG thank you to everyone for their efforts and their posts here at ATS!!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The fact of the matter is that The United States is on a brink of bursting at its seams. As a goverment you would not want to scre the # out of your people. what better way than to sensor what they stare at for 30 hours a week.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkATi
I usually browse Msnbc.com, and they seem to be doing an OK job at reporting everything you just mentioned.

They aren't covering Fukushima anymore, though, and they aren't making a big deal about the DOW being under 12500 yet again... (12500 was hailed as the mark of "leaving the recession" of 2008 behind).

But, all in all I think msnbc does a decent job. I wouldn't trust CNN or Fox, though.

Cheers,
Cody

Are you kidding me? MSNBCs parent Co is GE. The same GE that designed the Nuclear Plants at Fukushima and many others around the world so we can clearly see where their interests are. Besides that they have some of the most left wing liberal hosts out there.
edit on 5/25/2011 by Frank Black because: Grammar

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Considering all that you stated at the commencement of your thread - IT IS ALL TRUE - furthermore it is also true that everyone but the Media are talking about these things.

But the bigger question is - WHY aren't they doing anything about it or at least why isn't somebody doing something.

I myself am beginning to really consider this and seriously consider that - NONE OF THESE THINGS MATTER IF A COMET IS ABOUT TO HIT.

They go under their bunkers and we continue wondering what has hit us.

I also think about that. Certain things like how the Police State is ramping up so quickly and how they are just printing dollars till the cows come home. They cant really be so stupid to see how the economy is collapsing. It seems they are just trying to sell it too the public. Add to that the Global war for resources and it all comes together. If there is some global Catastrophe coming and they know the goal would be to gather resources, build bunkers, and keep the masses as ignorant as possible. Otherwise who cares about the immediate consequences

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Thought you were going someplace with the title but your post didnt quite get the point across. Yes the worlds a mess.
The Presidents legitimate. Moving right along.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The reason there is media silence is they don't want the public to panic. There is an gigantic illusion going on right now, everything is ok - go to work, pay your taxes, do what you are told......but in fact things are almost falling apart. Rome is burning, you just havn't smelled the smoke yet.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Than do something about it! Seriously, people are quick to point out the flaws in our life, but no one is willing to stand up? We've lost what it means to be American, and I would love to be proven wrong one day, when I have others ready to stand with me, but until then...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join