It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Silence, Reason for Concern

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Thank You!

This is exactly what we need. I have the next two days off, so I will put together a thread with more detailed plans. I think we agreed on the tax ideas, you just put in a little more detail than I did.

I think many of us can see some common sense solutions. We need to verbalize them, and then vet them through a group of intelligent people (like ATS), and then polish those ideas and back them up with facts and figures, and then we have a real "platform" for political change!

ATS has issues with "recruitment," but there is no problem with posting ideas, polishing and refining them, and creating a perfect product that future politicians could use to get into office and begin fixing things. I know my ideas aren't perfect, and I am not completely informed on every topic, but together as a group of intelligent, open-minded people, we could make the ideas perfect, and we could collect the information we don't have and compile it.

If I am able to articulate my ideas a little more coherently and detailed over the next couple of days, I will post a new thread where everyone can pick at them, offer changes, offer deletions and additions, and we can see if a true political platform emerges that could be supported by all sides and parties.

The thing to keep in mind, is that there is no such thing as party lines or liberals and conservatives. We all have a little bit of both in us. We all want more peace, prosperity, and liberty. We all want a stable future for our children. We all want a clean and sustainable environment. We all want to work less and enjoy life more. We all want to be healthier and live longer. There is no reason in the world that we can't unite and focus on the common goals, and work out the little differences to find real solutions.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I have grown very weary and tired.

I suffer ailments that I am sure is directly related to my trying to keep up with global and local current events as well as trying to discern what is truth and what is not.

I am becoming more and more convinced that this is may be a 'wanted' effect by others who strive for more and more power. It's a play on people to ensure that those in power may do whatever they like without the common person ever knowing exactly what is going on.

Perhaps this is all in my mind but I'm willing to bet there are more then a few people out there who feel the same way.

Is this a man made or a natural situation? Maybe the whole situation is a mix of both?

All I know is that it becoming increasingly easier to focus on the more simple things in life and be somewhat happier.

-AS-

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

When you say recruitment ... i related that to my suggestion, about ATS journalists ... if so .. technically, this would not be recruitment ... it would be a member status within ATS ... for reputable people within the ATS community, who can report unbiased facts .. for our eyes ... to contribute to this community in a more ordered fashion ...

My idea being .. that they could perhaps have their own section, that only they can start a thread in, and we can all post in ?

The technicality that they would not be recruited by ATS is enforced by the fact they gain nothing, as their contribution is voluntary ... exactly as it is just now .. but they have their own section to report in, and their membership is set to journalist status (or similar title without any legal implications) ...

In essence its about the masses here on ATS having better visibility of these contributions ... because i feel at some point ... that the issue of of the sifting through the massive amount of continual posts coming through ATS, for the 'golden nuggets', is going to have to be addressed ...

So perhaps they don't need their own section, but could have a live feed on the homepage showing the latest contributions by these members ... this could achieve the same level of visibility .. without further requiring them to have their own section

Perhaps my idea is not the most feasible .. but maybe its a starting point ... planting the seed...

Just a thought anyway ...

on the other hand .... if recruitment was not in reference to my idea ... then just pretend it was so i dont feel too silly

edit on 25-5-2011 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
I'm skimming the MSM news outlets lately, and I have been having this ominous feeling. There is a total meltdown of a reactor in Japan, a volcano eruption that could effect the atmosphere for centuries, massive flooding of farmland and crops down the Mississippi, a complete and utter failure of "Qantitative Easing", soaring unemployment that is between 9%-20%+ depending on the source, a government spending past it's legal means, a debt that is so large it's impossible to comprehend, a middle east that is looking more and more grave, Israel on the ropes, a President who's legitimacy is in question while he starts his re-election campaign, a vile onslaught against our Bill of Rights through the TSA,Threat Fusion Centers and other organizations, a border that is becoming more and more dangerous each day, and the list goes on and on.

I can't seem to find any solutions from Washington D.C., the MSM, or anyone for that matter. Even fringe activists like Alex Jones point out the problems, but lack any real solutions. I'm getting this feeling lately that we are living in 1984'esque times more than we all really want to admit or believe.

Wilson thought he was rebelling, and people who listen to Glenn Beck and Alex Jones probably do to, but the less you ultimately learn from that story is that in the end, your rebellion is calculated and sated by the other side, if not just outright punished.

Think about what's going on. We're sending attack helicopters to Libya, and the government tells us it's not a war. We are one lazy, freedomless people. We deserve everything we get, and I'm beginning to realize that we will never truly "wake up" or act on our ideas.

We are just another side of the same proletariat, thinking we are free in our minds at least, when in reality we are nothing more than rats in a maze.

Pffffft.... who gives a rat's ass?! Did you hear that the Casey Anthony trial went sideways? Holy cow, they dropped a bombshell.

Try to keep your eye on the ball, here.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I think many of us can see some common sense solutions. We need to verbalize them, and then vet them through a group of intelligent people (like ATS), and then polish those ideas and back them up with facts and figures, and then we have a real "platform" for political change!

What a fantastic idea! I know in my area I hear it from friends all the time "We need to DO something...but what?" When I try to discuss what actions we could actually take however, it all seems to fall apart. Strange for a bunch of 'old hippy dudes'.... but then again, perhaps they have grown wary over the years. I'm not sure of the real cause. But I can tell you one thing.... this is one 'old hippy dudette' who would be more than willing to get out there and push for real change.. count me in!

To the OP, I can totally relate to your feelings. I feel that a lot of people are coming to those same realizations. It would be nice if we can all participate in coming together to hash out real solutions made by real people, for a real change. What would be great is if then we ATSers take those ideas of real change and scatter out into our communities and spread the word that indeed there is hope and the spirit behind the words "Don't Tread On Me" is still alive and kickin'. America is not lost....we just took a wrong exit off the main highway and are trying to find our way back.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by STL0913
I hear you man. It's really sad that the mainstream media doesn't want to cover this kind of stuff, even though I would consider these the real issues. I've been trying to spread the anti-globalist small government message to all of my friends and family but it seems like they've either lost faith in the government and media already, or they're too caught up in reality television and sports.

PRE-F*****-CISLEY !!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Odd how the Holes feared in two Japanese nuclear reactors story appeared at the top of my CNN "news feed" this morning. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I might assume that someone at CNN was reading our thread.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
All of that is news worthy, and people should hear about it, but are you not tired yet? Sick of the pain and anger in the world?

I'm just so tired of hearing another war, more debt, more deaths, more more more.

There's nothing good going on in this planet while anger flies around.

I hardly watch the TV just because I'm sick of listening to "XXXXX number of people dead in (insert country name here)".

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Everything on the TV is brainwashing and mind control. They paint the reality they want you to believe in. They create and edit news footage, edit interviews, choose what to report on and how to report on it, and what to ignore. It's only to keep you in the box they want you in. You should never be looking to the "mainstream news" for any truth or accurate information of any kind. Even if they are reporting on something real, they are tainting it. Quit plugging into their mind rot. Talk to people all over the world through the internet to find out what's going on if you want to know. Research, gather data, make your own decisions. Forget the MSM. You're thirsty and you're going to drink from a faucet that only dispenses poison.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It is all well and good to complain but why not offer some advice on how we can change all this.

If the media isn't reporting disasters, then we'll report them.

I'm convinced that there is some kind of relationship with volcanoes, earthquakes, tornadoes and storm floods.
But when the government doesn't allow the experts to talk for fear of upsetting people, I think that is wrong. We deserve to know what the experts think.
When the government plans on selling Fukushima seaweed regardless of the serious health risks, I think that we should stand up and protest!
I also think that the Japanese government needs to warn people all over Japan about not playing in the rain right now because of radioactivity.
They need to not only report the meltdown of several rods in the Fukushima reactor but they need to stop plans for selling vegetables and sea food from the area.
We need to protest and we need to demand that the experts tell us what they are thinking.
Yesterday I felt a 3 second earthquake in Tokyo that was a really fast violent shudder.
Today I felt the same thing.
People should report that.

About the U.S. economy, don't just complain, report the facts over and over when people spread misinformation out of ignorance.

"Underemployment" stands about 16% in the U.S. That's people looking for full time jobs.
49% of all new jobs in 2011 are low wage $9 to $13 an hour.

U.S. corporations report a 65% increase in profits this year the highest in U.S. history and the highest in the world.
U.S. executives and leaders paid themselves a 11% raise this year. Workers haven't got raises in years.
What do we do? Demand higher worker wages across the board based on corporate profits.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Listen to Beck's Modern Guilt album. Bottom line is he outlines all of these problems and it is a wonderful album. Life as we know it will change soon. I sincerely hope we don't come to an end soon because I have this feeling looming and visions and dreams and experiences that worry me.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
A 24 hour/7 day news cycle does not help. The media is constantly searching for the next thing to catch everyone's attention for more than a day.

I can barely process one event before another is looming.

In the "olden" days news took longer to get anywhere. People had time to think things through. Now it's: tornado/debt/economy/jobs/earthquake/storm/murders/attacks all at once every day.

Hard to grab one thing and think of a solution.

Of course, no one wants to sacrifice unless they are cajoled into it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Well, there are solutions. The solutions take brutal honesty and strong leadership. We don't have either one in our current Congress, Administration, or MSM.

I make comments not to take away from anything you said, but rather add.

We can't control natural disasters, but we can help a lot with tort reform, limiting frivolous lawsuits, helping get more rescuers and volunteers on the ground after a disaster. We can also invest money into infrastructure and technology and upgrade our domestic situation instead of bailing out international corporations and failing business plans. I think Obama mentioned some of that stuff in his campaign, but he quickly switched to the dark side and paid off the corporations instead.

I've always belived that Obama is a puppet who was placed into that position for a reason. I don't believe for a second that he was one way, took office, then switched. I believe he was always that way and lied over and over again during his campaign in order to create hype and get votes. After all, that's what politician's do.

We can do away with many stupid criminal laws that don't have a clear victim, like consenting prostitution and a popular herb. We could tax those industries and divert the law enforcement power to real crimes.

Legalize hemp. Could be one of the largest cash crops in the US and has many uses. And you don't get high from it, contrary to what people think. You might get a headache, but that's about it.

We could fix the tax code to make it short, simple, and fair. There are several plans out there that would be acceptable to me. A Flat Tax for everything over $30k would be decent. The so-called "Fair Tax" would be ok. The "Consumption Tax" or basically a National Sales Tax would be ok. As long as it is simple to interpret, hard to dodge, and everyone pays.

How about no income tax. Even the word 'income' as used is incorrect in how the average worker is taxed. Corporations have income, workers don't. We simply trade our time for wages. We DO NOT make a profit (income). The government has been fleecing the american worker under this false pretense that we somehow make a profit because we earn wages. The KEY to our deficit is spending. We MUST eliminate or transform entitlement programs. We MUST stop trying to interject ourselves into every conflict. We MUST rein in wasteful spending and implement a line-item veto.

We could fix healthcare and insurance industries by fixing tort reform, subsidizing research and making more drugs and treatments available faster and cheaper, and controlling the costs of healthcare. This would bring everyone's costs down, get rid of the fraudulent and dishonest industry it has become, and putting more responsibility for treatment options in the hands of patients and doctors.

I agree with tort reform and I agree with allowing purchasing insurance across state lines. If we believe in free markets, then we'll allow for more competition amongst companies.

We could let bad businesses fail. Sure, it will create unemployment temporarily, but it will also reduce the supply side of the equation, and create an environment that fosters innovation and creativity. Remember the old adage, "innovation is born out of necessity."????? When we save the failing businesses, we remove necessity and kill the innovation. Imagine if all those GM workers hit the streets with their years of experience and ideas, and they found a few dozen start up companies willing to put them to work? Instead of encumbering future generations with taxes, instead we would have a dozen budding businesses with new ideas and new products and new opportunities for the next generation! The same goes for banks. Let their chickens come home to roost. They were fraudulent and deceptive and they should be bankrupt.

If Ron Paul was President, some of those giants would have failed.

We could fix Education by realizing not everyone is going to be a Doctor or Lawyer or Engineer. Not everyone needs Calculus or French class. Widen the parameters of instruction, let some people become excellent in some other field like welding or automechanics or plumbing. Let the academics excel in academics and let the others excel in something that fits their unique skillset. Stop educating to the masses and start educating at a state and local level to the individual. Teach Civics! Teach more World history, and literature, and geography!

Eliminate the Dept. of Education and return control of education back to the States and local school districts. And parents should not be punished for homeschooling their children.

We could fix racism by stopping all special agendas and projects and just enforcing the anti-discrimination laws. Prosecute those people that clearly make judgements based on color of skin, but stop requiring quotas and affirmative action. HUD and Real Estate professionals actually have a pretty good handle on this, other industries could emulate their policies and laws.

Eliminate the minority enrollment requirements at large univerisites. How many talented, white, US students who come from low-income familes are denied a scholarship simply because their skin is not of the right color or the are not the right ethnicity.

There are solutions, but they are not always politically correct, they are not painless, they are not easy, and they won't necessarily be popular, but we need leaders that are willing to speak the truth and promote the ideas that may not be popular, but at least they are logical and sensical, and doable!!

Please feel free to add, polish, streamline, or point out the glaring problems with that "platform" because I might just use it in the near future!!

Great post. Glad to add to it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

This is a very true statement. I have researched and researched and analyzed all over the place and the conclusions I have drawn in regards to our suppression is that people follow what they're told. People generally follow the path of least resistance and effort which leaves the few of us who want to do something about it, rendered incapable of anything.

I want to find a way to get in front of my national government and make these things known. We all must contribute to the awakening and we must learn to seek answers for ourselves.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
These are exactly the type of thoughts i love to read .. and are inspiring ...

I think its fair to say there are many like minded people on ATS, who have had similar debates in their own mind, when faced with a frustrating truth(s) about our current systems .. as to how they could possibly alter everything on a large scale to make it more workable ...

One problem being that soo much is so complexly inter-dependant (is that a new term i just made ?) .. one tiny fluctuation here, has a massive repercussions over there ...

But all the thought in the world isnt changing much, as there seems to be agreement, to make some sort of change, we need a platform where our (free) voices can be heard ... i like the way yous are talking ... keep building on this

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

If we were allowed to recruit here I would stand with you. Though I am not American, I assure you that they run Canada too so if you are organizing a march tell me what plane to take and when.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
And sorry if this is slightly off topic yet again .. but while were talking of inspiring revolutions of a type ..

One thing ive always felt .. is ... battling through traffic 5 days a week ... an hour and a half to work .. hour and half back .. breathing all the fuems ... just so i can get to work, 2 minutes late, and have the boss stare at his wristwatch as i take my seat ... then when i get back home .. its getting late .. barely enough time to make my dinner .. do my chores .. then off to bed, cos i need to get up very early for work ... blaahh .. that is not what i class as an enjoyable life tbh. And i strongly feel its unecessery ..

I have had a very strong feeling inside of me for so many years that this is un-natural, and is making many of us 'sick', in mental as well as physical ways .... just for the pleasure of being able to afford to live ...

I do understand the necessity of working to survive etc ... although i decided years ago not to do the 9-5 thing anymore .. i left my job and started as a freelance contractor .. i would work half the year, and afford to take half the year off ... (i had never been happier in all my working career) .. Now .. I just dont work, all together, until i need to .. )i have paid my fair share of taxes over the years .. and dont see it as leeching from a system .. when i consider how much of my tax money went into weapons and the likes, against my will)

So .. to further add to your propositions ...

How about we generally only have to work 3 days a week ...
I for one would absolutely feel much more natural, only working 3 days a week ...
Initially, this would be a huge fluctuation, and likely have detrimental effects in many ways ...

But ... after the 'transition' ... there should be enough labour, to hire the rest of the population who want to work but there are no jobs ... and they get to work 3 days a week also ... so the amount of production etc remains the same ... but is split more fairly between the potential workforce in the population ...

This helps the unemployed (in oh sooo many ways) .. it contributes to reducing crime (and poverty hopefully), and the depression rates, they could be lower ... drug abuse, wouldnt be so high ... again reducing crime and depression ... and gives the people who hate spending upto 75% or more of their lifes, preparing for, and being in, work / legal slavery, a well deserved break .. to feel alive for a while ..

Long term .. i don't see why the economy, or any of us should be any worse off (except maybe the rich ? im unsure) .. but, in my mind, would more likely contribute to better living conditions for society as a whole .. while giving us the well needed time off from our slavery .. to relax ... slow down .. and take some more of lifes beauty in .. and contemplate life

I realise i am not as well versed on the 'system', as you guys are .. but like i said before .. perhaps something to build upon .. refine the idea

and also .. back on topic .. yeah .. main stream media really pees me off ... i rarely watch news on TV now (or any TV for that matter).. unless i read something on here that suggests i should tune into it

edit on 25-5-2011 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Segenam

I have had a very strong feeling inside of me for so many years that this is un-natural, and is making many of us 'sick', in mental as well as physical ways .... just for the pleasure of being able to afford to live

I have had the same thought. In a normal wildnerness type situation, how many times per day would our fight or flight and adrenalin response need to kick in? I think most days we wouldn't need it at all. If we were out hunting or warring it might be different, but just a typical day would probably hold very little danger.

Contrast that with our daily duties now. Just driving to work elicits many adrenalin laced responses. Each left turn, each red light, each horn honk or tire squeel. We are constantly under a state of stress response just driving to work. Then we have a boss and deadlines and ringing phones and bills to pay and dress codes, etc., etc. Constant stress..

Today's world is an unnatural, fast-moving, stressful, fight or flight situation that our bodies are not capable of handling. Just living today is equivalent to being addicted to damaging drugs!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Everyone,

Your ill feelings about our world are true.

Remember this: just be ready and don't be afraid.

hadituptohere

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
[In a normal wildnerness type situation, how many times per day would our fight or flight and adrenalin response need to kick in?

Exactly sir ...

I have been thinking of living with nature again .. soo much .. almost daily ..

And honestly .. i believe the main thing i would miss, would be the internet .. but have no doubt my time would be sooo well consumed in other ways .. maybe i wouldnt miss it .. cause i love the peace and tranquility of nature so much ... or maybe i could have both ..

Unfortunately ... living with nature creates another issue for me .. as im vegetarian .. and would have to learn how to live off the land without killing if that were possible ...

This is all great reading by the way .. thanks all

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join