It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Silence, Reason for Concern

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

PEOPLE are the Power - but they don't know it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Star and Flag!

Agreed!

They are not discussing ANYTHING of importance!

I swear if I turn the news on in the morning and that Camping guy is on there again I will scream.

With everything going on they only seem to care about some cult leader and his lies. It really worries me and disturbs me. People have no idea what is going on, well some do but the majority are clueless. When I try to tell them they say I read ATS too much and I tell them that maybe they should start. When I try to inform people they don't want to hear it, some do but the majority don't. It really bothers me that people don't seem to care what is going on in the world. Things are happening that not only effect us but our children and their children and so on.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
great post! We don't need Alex Jones, we need Tyler Durden!

" Without pain, Without sacrifice, We would have nothing.."

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Not all of us are so pacified. All it takes is a spark to set the world ablaze. All it takes is to unite against the common enemy. March on Washington. Make our discomfort known. but remember, be nice. Until the time comes to not be nice.

We can win without lifting a finger in agression. We, the people just have to stand up, in one voice, say "no more".

It seems there are many out there looking for a leader. No one wants to be the first to step over the line. I know there are more of us around. Who here has the courage of your convictions? Who's with me?

< [steps over the line in the sand.]

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I've always considered the laws pertaining to media that were rolled back in the 80's, perhaps second only to JFK's assassination, as the most worrisome turn of events in our country.

As proof positive, just check out Project Censored sometime:

Project Censored Home Page

When they get to comparing Top "Untold" Stories vs. Top "Overtold" Stories it'll make you queasy. Mind you these are not "conspiracy theories". They are known issues and very well documented.

Folks would get the idea soon enough if they were only aware of what is clearly out there, but are not being told about. As opposed to, "OMG! What's the latest on Lada GaGa?".

As far as solutions? I just want to know where the good guys are. Seriously!

Hell, there are probably two dozen ATS members I wouldn't hesitate to vote for as opposed to next election's usual "D" and "R" picks.

Great post. Allowed me get that off my chest.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
are u kidding me? check out yahoo news sometime, its all lady gaga, tiger woods, arnold however-u-spell-it, sports, its never anything important and if they do manage to report something serious, its downplayed and then buried when the next nba player gets a new tattoo.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yeah. You're right about what's happening in the world. What are you going to do about it?

December 21, 2012: A day of Peace and Transition What will you do?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I feel the exact same way and I posted a thread about Lies and why do we continue to accept them or something like that. We are lied to about everything yet many are not able to see the truth. Makes me wonder if they will eventually but at a different pace. I feel when TSHTF many more will awaken. Maybe that is the reason why the Elite families who control our world are creating more heck on earth. Is it time for mankind to become aware of what is really happening and it is our leaders job to teach us a very valuable lesson. Dont be Naive will be the lesson. I may be wrong but I figure if we have Evil then we must also have Good. The Truth will come out in the end.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Very much what i have been thinking about lately myself. I believe that others and myself have been waiting for a catalyst of some sort, a moment to act on. A enemy that i can grab hold of and fight. It is seeming more and more that we are like frogs in a pot of water being brought slowly to the boil and we are all just still sitting in the water waiting for it to reach a peak. "wake others up" is what i keep hearing that i should be doing. i post links on fb i write in forums and i discuss alternate news issues relating to the sad prison society we find ourselves in at the moment with anyone that will listen. This is not changing sh@t!! Alex jones and other outlets for us are definitely keeping us feeling like we are fighting something, but are we? I don't think so. Have we been dumbed down so much by the influences of the media the drugs we take etc that we can't even comprehend a solution or a new way to think or live? was the battle already lost before i even woke up to the fact that i was living in this Orwellian world?
The sh@t has hit the fan and we are all already knee dead in the spray. Why are we all waiting for it still?
edit on 25-5-2011 by chooselove because: extra thought

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
I just watched the BBC news in UK. I haven't watched TV for about a year, but a friend was visiting and wanted to see the news.

The BBC World website is more informative
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I have seen this as well. even drudgereport.com has stopped reporting real news and only gives a crap when one of the obama's farted. they has 2 post on Michelle's stupid hair blowing.

MAYBE it is fema's executive order 10995.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Americans don't care because they can't care. They don't even get vacations from work. They are slaves, tired tired slaves and when they should show concern for their governments actions all they can muster is to turn on the boob tube and get into a vegetative state and forget their miserable lives. Something like that.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The problem is that people don't like to be remided that they are living in a prison. They want to pretend. In fact people lie to themselves more on a daily basis that all the corrupt politicians and industrialists combined.

It's sad but it's the truth. That's why the majority drink do drugs get obsessed over trivial crap like sports teams and soap operas. That's why they love drama so much. It distracts their mind and keeps them from thinking about how screwed they really are.

Make no mistake they have invested countless years of energy into hiding from the truth and any attempt to wake them up will be met with resistance. They WILL shoot the messenger.

Ahh this really is a prison planet. And it takes a superhuman effort to stay positive in the face of this truth. Hope is all we have because everything else is an illusion.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

IMO, the only way to get people out of their trance is to kill the machine putting them into that state. take away electricity, and you shall see some amazing things out of people. (don't get me wrong, i'm hooked too)

On our local news the past few days, the biggest story is about a teacher who punishes her students by making them clean the bathroom.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
the news outlets are undercontrol obviously. my main point for this argument is when a news station chooses to air a segment on a fictional threat like an zombie attack. When there is PLENTY of things to be talking about. I wonder do reporters get to do journalistic research on issues or do they just show up, clock in and clock out?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

GLENN BECK DOES NOT REPRESENT REBELLION, HE REPRESENTS THE ESTABLISHMENT. DON'T EVER CONFUSE THAT.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Radioactive volcanic melt up rapidly approaches, and Bloomberg is coving it ...

Fukushima Containment Vessels May Be Leaking, Tepco Says
May 25, 2011, 2:47 AM EDT
www.businessweek.com...

I found an article yesterday as I have been searching for, "radiation deaths", now and then, it said the milk in Hawaii is EXTREMELY HOT, but as yet I have found nothing talking about people with radiation sickness, I SUPPOSE WE NEVER WILL ...

hawaiihealthguide.com...

FUNNY, the milk is from 400 to 2400 times the recognized safe levels other things must be a little bit above safe levels in the area TOO yet, there does not seem to be any other articles on this.

Of course, odds are SOON the oceans around Hawaii will start to be slightly higher in radiation then before, it all adds up !

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
The problem is that people don't like to be remided that they are living in a prison. They want to pretend. In fact people lie to themselves more on a daily basis that all the corrupt politicians and industrialists combined.

It's sad but it's the truth. That's why the majority drink do drugs get obsessed over trivial crap like sports teams and soap operas. That's why they love drama so much. It distracts their mind and keeps them from thinking about how screwed they really are.

Make no mistake they have invested countless years of energy into hiding from the truth and any attempt to wake them up will be met with resistance. They WILL shoot the messenger.

Ahh this really is a prison planet. And it takes a superhuman effort to stay positive in the face of this truth. Hope is all we have because everything else is an illusion.

YOU make a very good point, but miss the point.

You ALMOST said it, people don't like being reminded they are imprisoned in an INSANE ASILUM !!!!!!

We have PRETTY PARKs to calm us down, where our NUTTY children can play, we have the BIGGEST NUTs and NUTTY FOXES running the hen house, OR ARE THEY PIGS !?!?!?!?

We have LOTs of toys to play with, but don't try to do ANYTHING MANLY, the macho men will LOCK YOU DOWN

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Well, there are solutions. The solutions take brutal honesty and strong leadership. We don't have either one in our current Congress, Administration, or MSM.

Here is my solution for immigration and borders.
That is an old thread, and my opinion and plan is somewhat more evolved and developed now, but the premise is still very similar to that.

We can't control natural disasters, but we can help a lot with tort reform, limiting frivolous lawsuits, helping get more rescuers and volunteers on the ground after a disaster. We can also invest money into infrastructure and technology and upgrade our domestic situation instead of bailing out international corporations and failing business plans. I think Obama mentioned some of that stuff in his campaign, but he quickly switched to the dark side and paid off the corporations instead.

We can do away with many stupid criminal laws that don't have a clear victim, like consenting prostitution and a popular herb. We could tax those industries and divert the law enforcement power to real crimes.

We could fix the tax code to make it short, simple, and fair. There are several plans out there that would be acceptable to me. A Flat Tax for everything over $30k would be decent. The so-called "Fair Tax" would be ok. The "Consumption Tax" or basically a National Sales Tax would be ok. As long as it is simple to interpret, hard to dodge, and everyone pays.

We could fix healthcare and insurance industries by fixing tort reform, subsidizing research and making more drugs and treatments available faster and cheaper, and controlling the costs of healthcare. This would bring everyone's costs down, get rid of the fraudulent and dishonest industry it has become, and putting more responsibility for treatment options in the hands of patients and doctors.

We could let bad businesses fail. Sure, it will create unemployment temporarily, but it will also reduce the supply side of the equation, and create an environment that fosters innovation and creativity. Remember the old adage, "innovation is born out of necessity."????? When we save the failing businesses, we remove necessity and kill the innovation. Imagine if all those GM workers hit the streets with their years of experience and ideas, and they found a few dozen start up companies willing to put them to work? Instead of encumbering future generations with taxes, instead we would have a dozen budding businesses with new ideas and new products and new opportunities for the next generation! The same goes for banks. Let their chickens come home to roost. They were fraudulent and deceptive and they should be bankrupt.

We could fix Education by realizing not everyone is going to be a Doctor or Lawyer or Engineer. Not everyone needs Calculus or French class. Widen the parameters of instruction, let some people become excellent in some other field like welding or automechanics or plumbing. Let the academics excel in academics and let the others excel in something that fits their unique skillset. Stop educating to the masses and start educating at a state and local level to the individual. Teach Civics! Teach more World history, and literature, and geography!

We could fix racism by stopping all special agendas and projects and just enforcing the anti-discrimination laws. Prosecute those people that clearly make judgements based on color of skin, but stop requiring quotas and affirmative action. HUD and Real Estate professionals actually have a pretty good handle on this, other industries could emulate their policies and laws.

There are solutions, but they are not always politically correct, they are not painless, they are not easy, and they won't necessarily be popular, but we need leaders that are willing to speak the truth and promote the ideas that may not be popular, but at least they are logical and sensical, and doable!!

Please feel free to add, polish, streamline, or point out the glaring problems with that "platform" because I might just use it in the near future!!

*THIS* is amazing, and damn near perfect, and while I've only ever posted here once this struck me enough to de-lurk and say something. So, that being said, this is a message that needs to be *spread*. I feel this so strongly I'm nearly in tears right now. We can't just let this sit on a message board to be archived and die. I've been wracking my brains trying to come with a way to get someone outside ATS to see and adopt it. Am I being over-emotional and reactive? Perhaps. But this is the first post I've truly felt the need to do something about, so.. how? Who do we show this to? Where do we place it, how do we affect changes just like this?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I agree with the OP the news is so full of trivialities I find myself screaming at the TV when the news is on.
I don't give a @&*% about whether my dog is psychic. I want to know what the hell is going on in the World, because whether its local, national or worldwide it has the potential to affect me and mine in very direct ways.
I'll tell you when people will start to care.
When gas is 6.00 per gallon (Ok, I know non-US folks pay more, but $6.00 per gallon for us is a killer, as a lot of US citizens commute over long distances to and from the job).
When that 5piece package of pork chops that you paid $8.00 for is now $15.00 (the food prices lately are insane, especially meats).
When that war that during the news goes one ear and out the other suddenly requires that your kids join the DRAFT. I feel like this one is only a matter of time unless we start raising holy hell about getting out of these entanglements.
When an real, live epidemic starts and medical care is too expensive, ineffective and/or inaccessible to enough people that the situation gets totally out of hand and the ER's are full to the brim. Some folks out there want to lower the population, but I assure you if the aforementioned happens it will only really piss people off once thier loved ones start dying in droves.
When more people are feeling it in the pocketbook than presently are.
When we realize, as the rank-and-file, that we have more in common with each other than we think and realize that demonizing each other is not going to help matters.
The trivial news disturbs me terribly, because I know that there is probably something going on under the surface that is much, much worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join