It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it s

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Indeed. My signature says it also.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I said this once already today; but I' say it again:

I WEEP FOR OUR NATION.

Our government has become so ineffective, corrupt, and downright hostile to the true desires of the American citizenry that it MUST be changed. There is a reason that the latest approval rating for Congress is only 18%. They are NOT doing what we elected them to do!

President Obama took the helm of the ship of state in the midst of the worst fiscal crisis this country has seen since the Great Depression. He promised "Hope" and "Change," but what did he do? He spent TWICE as much money as EVERY President before him - from George Washington to George W. Bush COMBINED in his first year as President! Our grandchildren are saddled with debt they can never hope to repay.

Even the Tea Party promised to turn the country around. Have they? NO! John Boehner, the Republican Speaker of the House has led this charge with his own promises to cut the deficit; yet instead of doing what he promised (remember the House holds the nation's purse strings) he settled for a spending cut of 38.5 Billion dollars. At first glance, that may sound like a lot - Boehner & Friends were more than happy to pat themselves on the back for this "victory" - but when you compare that to the $14.3 TRILLION dollar deficit, it's an insult to our intelligence and a betrayal of the people of the United States.

It seems like there is no difference between Elephants and JACKASSES anymore; they are ALL Jackasses and need to be fired! Our government is beholden to corporate special interests, and no longer represents the will of the people. I can't think of any other reason why General Electric, the second largest company in the world, paid ZERO taxes last year on earnings of $14.2 Billion dollars.

Predictions are all the rage on ATS lately. Here's MY prediction: If a true Conservative like Ron Paul (notice I said "like" Ron Paul as I don't think he's electable for various reasons) is not put into office along with like-minded Congressmen and Senators, there WILL be a violent revolution in this country because our economy will collapse under its own bloated weight; and once people begin to starve in large numbers they are gonna be looking for some payback.

An armed revolt scares the living hell out of me. Not only will it be violent and bloody, but our country may very well never recover from it. Most people don't know anything about the War of Northern Aggression (Civil War for you furiners and Yankees) besides what they have read in history books; but down here in the South it is still ingrained into the collective psyche. Brother fought against brother, entire towns were burned to the ground, there was mass starvation and disease; just wholesale death on an unimaginable scale.

The thought of Americans fighting each other brings me to tears, and make no mistake about it: it WILL happen. There will be a time at the beginning of a 2nd American Revolution when loyalties will be divided; soldiers will be ordered to fire on citizens, and some will do it while others will not. Some generals will obey a Presidential order to quash the rebellion while others will refuse. Imagine the American military machine - the most awesome the world has ever seen - tearing into itself on the streets of Washington DC, or Atlanta, or Los Angeles: entire divisions of troops slugging it out in our neighborhoods and squadrons of advanced jets dog fighting each other in the skies above our homes.

A revolution in the United States would be a F'ing nightmare of Biblical proportions. My life is almost over, so I wouldn't care about what would happen to me; but both of my children are old enough to carry a weapon and the thought of them having to fight for their freedom like our forefathers did is the most frightening thing I can think of. It is my most fervent prayer that we can find some way to avoid such a terrible conflict.

I can't even write anymore. I can't see through these damned tears. Just please, everyone, pray for our Republic; because if things don't change soon -and drastically - it is doomed; and our hopes for the future right along with it.

edit on 5/24/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cohort

Remember Direct Democracy is like 4 wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner.

The Usa IS NOT a Democracy But a Representative Republic.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Cohort because: (no reason given)

er "constitutional republic"

edit on 24-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
To start:Thank you OP for a big wake up call! Just a while ago I had a little attitude flare up from reading another useless thread. For those of you that did not see the post I will gladdly post it here where it seems it will be better understood:

Originally posted by Cyberboiraves

The only "ascention" mankind will ever hope to see will be when we stop being so ignorant to think words on a site will accomplish anything! Stop the talk and walk the walk! Scrap that we have had our walk' time to run head first: Make the change! Are you gonna still be on this site or any other for that matter when/if these "NWO" "Elite" or whatever else B.S. name you guys come up with are at your door..totally baffles me how people can be so damn serious and know so much but all you do is say this and that is happening! IF IT IS: WHY ARE YOU TALKING?! Solve the problem,make your alliance, make the change!!!!

My rant is done! Peace and blessings to all!

Vere illuminati oportet ipsum transgreditur

The Most heart felt part of our declaration to me:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO ALTER OR TO ABOLISH IT, AND TO INSTITUTE NEW GOVERNMENT, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

If the pots getting to hot for you,its time to get out of the pot!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Yours is the best post on this thread. May I add, the American people only have a very small window of opportunity here, we are not talking just afew small years but rather months at the most. That's how critical it has gotten now.

We love the Americans for what they once were, not what they have become of recent times.

This BC fiasco is probably your last weapon to oust the Obamastan in the White House. Grab it and run with it or the door will close. Time is fast running out so unless you have something better than the fake BC, the Republic of the USA and it's Constitution will be forever a page of past history.

I don't think the American people realise just how critical things have become; Obama gets away with this, you are fried for another 100-120 years.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I haven't been able to sleep because all I've been able to think about are the numerous internet warriors who call for the overthrow of the government from the safety of their parent's basement like they are insisting on a new D&D Dungeon Master because they don't like the way he runs the game. I've been seeing it over and over, with increasing frequency and it's really bothering me.

Those people have obviously never given a moments thought to the horror of war, much less what it would be like for that war to be on their very doorstep. What I wrote above doesn't even come close to describing what would happen if there was a 2nd American Revolution.

Imagine your parents dead in their own living room, their bodies torn apart by machine gun fire and shrapnel from hand grenades. If you have brothers or sisters, think about how you would feel seeing their bodies laying in the street, missing limbs or their head. Parents, in the event of a full scale revolution the lives of your children could be forfeit, their bodies shredded by a Gatling gun, or burned beyond recognition by a thermobaric JDAM - they don't even have to be taking part in the hostilities, they could just be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And then imagine that it was another member of your family or a neighbor that pulled the trigger.

Don't think for a second that those scenarios are far-fetched. During the Revolutionary War and the War of Northern Aggression it was a common occurrence for family members to be on opposite sides of the conflict shooting at each other, and for neighbors to turn on one another because each thought they knew what was best for the country, their families, and themselves.

From there on, it only gets worse. As much as I hate to quote a Commie, Nikita Khrushchev had a point when he said, "The living will envy the dead." Of course, he was talking about the aftermath of a nuclear war - a distinct possibility if TPTB think they are on the verge of losing power - and it's still a valid point because the suffering of war doesn't come to an end when the bullets stop flying; usually, it is only the beginning of sorrows.

Remember in my previous post when I said that the revolution would probably be triggered by a collapsed economy? Surely no one thinks that a devastating war on our home soil would improve things.

We live in a convenience oriented society where the food on store shelves, fuel supplies, and medicines are stocked by a system called "JIT" or Just-in-Time delivery, in order to provide us with the freshest possible products. If those stocks aren't replenished every few days, there won't be any food for you to buy, because trucking companies won't have any gas to deliver it. If you are a diabetic that has been able to maintain a fairly normal life with regular insulin injections, well you can just bend over, put your head between your legs, and kiss your ass goodbye; because there won't be any more insulin in your local pharmacy. And all that is assuming you could even afford it with a minivan filled with worthless currency.

Even long after the fighting has ended the death rate will continue to spiral. Starvation and disease will claim the lives of millions more; burying the dead will become the order of the day for months - if not years - before the system gets back to "normal." Do you really think that FEMA bought millions of quadruple occupancy plastic coffins because they had nothing better to do?

Granted, what I've described is a worst case scenario; but I really don't see the government giving up power because a few hundred thousand, or even a few million, people marched on the White House armed with nothing more than signs and slogans. The United States isn't some third world Arab sniphole; it is the seat of power for those who control this planet, and they aren't going to give up that power without a fight. They've been planning for their own survival for hundreds of years, and a bunch of pissed off hungry peons aren't going to dissuade them in any way. Why do you think there are massive underground bunkers located throughout the United States? If TSHTF, those in charge aren't going to let a bunch of protestors anywhere near them.

I guess what it boils down to is that those who call for the overthrow of the government really don't understand what that would entail. I've seen literally hundreds of posts that quote the Declaration of Independence as the source of ultimate authority to overthrow a government that no longer serves the needs of the people - I've been guilty of that myself - and I'll do it again, here, to make a point:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States.

Did you see it? It was buried in there, right between the two sentences people love to quote when they want to show that they have the moral authority to overthrow the government, but most times it is totally left out of their argument. Here, I'll pull it out and make it easy for you:

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

Our Founding Fathers were VERY smart men. They knew better than anyone about the natural rights of men; that we are born free, that we should live free, and that if need be we must die to maintain that freedom. They also knew about the horror of war, and that the violent overthrow of the government should be an absolute LAST RESORT free men should take to break the grip of tyranny.

One of them, Thomas Jefferson, is also often quoted:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

That's a GREAT quote. It really is truly awesome; now read it again. "...the blood of PATRIOTS and tyrants."

If you call for the overthrow of the United States government, I expect you to remember that. I not only expect you to remember it, but I also expect you to be one of the first people to throw YOUR body on the gears of the machine and spill YOUR blood - and the blood of those you hold most dear - before you ask anyone else to do the same.

Kinda puts it in a different perspective doesn't it?

You can go back to playing Call of Duty now.

Goodnight.

edit on 5/25/2011 by OldCorp because: Spellin an punkshoeation

edit on 5/25/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains or slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take but as for me; give me liberty or give me death!

-Patrick Henry.

I'm well aware of what revolution entails.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

So whats the answer to all this? Do nothing? One does'nt have to resort to war to change Govt, and like you said, it's only used as an absolute last resort.

If you sit around and do nothing.......eventually all I see at some point are people being loaded up on cattle trucks and trains (dead or alive) like that in 1943-1944.

If a man has lost the use of his eyes, will the keen sight of his ancestors help him see?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You blow me away with all of your posts, all of the time.
I star you often.
A few things that get me though:
How do we know who's who when TSHTF?
Who would be left to be free?
:'(

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
reply to post by OldCorp

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains or slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take but as for me; give me liberty or give me death!

-Patrick Henry.

I'm well aware of what revolution entails.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

I'm glad someone is.

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by OldCorp

So whats the answer to all this? Do nothing? One does'nt have to resort to war to change Govt, and like you said, it's only used as an absolute last resort.

If you sit around and do nothing.......eventually all I see at some point are people being loaded up on cattle trucks and trains (dead or alive) like that in 1943-1944.

If a man has lost the use of his eyes, will the keen sight of his ancestors help him see?

Do nothing? No; but as yet all peaceful political options have not been exhausted. That being said, when the trains start running, I'd say the time has come.

Originally posted by AnimusInvictus
reply to post by OldCorp

You blow me away with all of your posts, all of the time.
I star you often.
A few things that get me though:
How do we know who's who when TSHTF?
Who would be left to be free?
:'(

Thank you.

Undoubtedly there will be tremendous confusion and friendly fire in the first days of a revolution. I wouldn't want the death of anyone on my conscience, especially an innocent person.

Knowing who's who and when to make the distinction are the two most important questions we face. If I had the answers then I'D be President; but like I told BlueMirage, once the trains start running that would be a pretty good indication that our government has failed, is totally irredeemable, and that the time has come to take action.

Personally I'm hoping it doesn't come to that - ever.

ETA: Looks like Peter Fonda is almost ready. Just found this on Fox.
edit on 5/25/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

OldCorp, you make excellent points, as always. I truly feel that TS HAS HTF, but everyone keeps waiting, expecting some "tipping point" to occur that is worse than the last, and the one before, and the one before that.

I've said this before, and ill say it again here: Long ago, I took an oath to protect and defend the constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic, just as you did. I took that oath, because I was answering a calling. It was a decision i didn't make lightly. A true warrior is a reluctant warrior. Discretion truly is the better part of valor.

I, for one am intimately familiar with what would be involved. I gave the people of this country a blank check for an amount up to and including my life, should it be needed. I did that because I believe in the institution of this country,(what it once was) its people, and am firmly committed to insuring that our forefathers design is restored, and extends into the future.

Thomas Jefferson - "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

That being said, I would rather NOT die in the process. However, if one life can save millions, i would gladly make that sacrifice. no one wants war. especially me. Ive committed years of my life to SAVING lives, not taking them.

I volunteered to be a Firefighter and a Rescue tech over being a Police Officer for many reasons. Chiefly because:

When you dance with the "devil", the "devil" doesn't change. He changes you.

That statement, to me, is one of the great truths and paradoxes of life. In my eyes, the rising "police state" is rather elegant proof.

Dealing with criminals 24/7, year after year, the line begins to blur. When "cops" begin to see everyone as a criminal, they forget the reason they became "cops" in the first place, which is of course to protect and serve the "innocent" public trust.

When Police and Government no longer see people as "innocent", its easy to step on "god given" rights in order to serve "the greater good". The pursuit becomes an obsession. A drug. A drug that they will stop at nothing to get. and that is criminal.

When those charged with protecting our safety, become the ones violating it, the system has failed. Thousands of people discussing and complaining about injustices on message boards like this one show me that the issue is not lack of knowledge, but the fear to act on that knowledge to restore liberty.

I understand fear, but fear is irrational. Most things I've been afraid of in my life were anyway. I always found that when you make it a habit to do the things you fear, the death of fear is certain. Fear is the one weapon TPTB have against us that is 100% effective, every time. The real error is to let attacks on our liberty go unchecked. If the problem is corrected as it happens, we can all remain peaceful and happy, and enjoy living our lives of calm tranquility. If it is left unmaintained for too long, the only method of correction remaining is radical change, and that can be extremely dangerous to all. In a government by, of, and for the people- no one is exempt from duty. Everyone has to pay attention and speak up when you don't agree with policy, not hide in the closet [or a basement ]and complain on internet message boards. Words are powerful, if submitted in the right places.

The missing part of the declaration from my signature, was only omitted for space reasons, NOT for ignorance of the severity of the content.

You are correct sir, it is not an action to be undertaken lightly.

Semper Fi.
edit on 25/5/2011 by Lono1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

You, sir, understand the value of freedom and the expence of change!!! Star to you. Please note I do not advocate revolution, I merely wished to state my opinion on the matter. I can not; however, say change is not needed but as you so aptly put: The change will be at a greater cost than most think of. I can not fathom having to kill my kin or any other soul for petty indifferences with TPTB. There will come a point when one will have to ask ones self if you're willing to die for your freedom or live without them. In my opinion, death and lack of freedom are too much alike. May the Creator bless this country and its people and brighten the mind and souls for a positive change. Thank you to everyone for a great read!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cohort

The Usa IS NOT a Democracy But a Representative Republic.

Sorry, that hasn't been the case for sometime.

What we now have in America is a Corporate Oligarchy. If voting really made any difference; it would be illegal.
The real power players in America aren't in DC. They are on a golf course in some very exclusive Contry club in Naples Fla, Corporate board rooms, or hiding behind a gated community fence in the Hamptons.

www.gazettetimes.com...

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house. Votes, protest, demonstrations are an exercise in futility all brought to you by the neocon "Patriot Act" and the ultimate GOP agenda; the Project for a New American Century. PNAC

home.earthlink.net...

It took awhile but 1984 has arrived with a vengeance.

edit on 25-5-2011 by whaaa because: PT lives! where's DD

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Give me control over the flow of information, and I will naturally possess all of the money as well.

The times are a changin'....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Now, I'm a youngin', here, only of 24 this June. I haven't served but I've always had an attraction to it. Not because of how cool it looks or some superficial reason like that, but because this country needs the service of its citizenry at all times, even during 'times of peace'. With every piece of information that I find which contains soldiers or servicemen and women, and scenes of the soldiers carrying flag-draped coffins of the fallen, I always think, "Any one of those could be me." I regret not being accepted by the military. I don't blame them, it isn't their fault, I wouldn't train my sorriness either, but I do want to help in any way I can, and I'll do my best.

Even saying 'I, too, hope that day never comes.' does not quell my uncertainty or apprehension regarding the future of this planet.
Always hope for the best, always prepare for the worst.
Thank you so much for your service.
Thank you all for your respective service.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well, it appears Texas is the first state to do something about it by calling out TSA. Fingers crossed, Texas succeeds and may other states follow suite.

It's a start!
edit on 25-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
HOORAY FOR PETER FONDA!!!

and why did I think he was an effete Hollywood liberel?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lono1
reply to post by OldCorp

The missing part of the declaration from my signature, was only omitted for space reasons, NOT for ignorance of the severity of the content.

You are correct sir, it is not an action to be undertaken lightly.

Semper Fi.

Lono, obviously I wasn't talking about you or any other person who has taken it upon themselves to grab a rifle and walk a post. It should go without saying that veterans understand better than most what it means to sacrifice for your country. No my friend, I was referring to the keyboard warriors whose only understanding of war comes from visiting Ogrish too many times in between TEAM DEATHMATCH on their XBox.

I too am a dues paying member of Oath Keepers (YO! Where's my bumper sticker?
) and reading your posts is almost like looking into a mirror. Doppelganger much?

Thank you for YOUR service brother, and your continuing commitment to the security of this nation. Semper Fi.

Originally posted by Cyberboiraves
reply to post by OldCorp

You, sir, understand the value of freedom and the expence of change!!! Star to you. Please note I do not advocate revolution, I merely wished to state my opinion on the matter. I can not; however, say change is not needed but as you so aptly put: The change will be at a greater cost than most think of. I can not fathom having to kill my kin or any other soul for petty indifferences with TPTB. There will come a point when one will have to ask ones self if you're willing to die for your freedom or live without them. In my opinion, death and lack of freedom are too much alike. May the Creator bless this country and its people and brighten the mind and souls for a positive change. Thank you to everyone for a great read!

At this point, God may be the only thing that can save us. I'm glad you understand the fact that freedom is not free, but purchased by the blood of patriots.

reply to post by OldCorp

Now, I'm a youngin', here, only of 24 this June. I haven't served but I've always had an attraction to it. Not because of how cool it looks or some superficial reason like that, but because this country needs the service of its citizenry at all times, even during 'times of peace'. With every piece of information that I find which contains soldiers or servicemen and women, and scenes of the soldiers carrying flag-draped coffins of the fallen, I always think, "Any one of those could be me." I regret not being accepted by the military. I don't blame them, it isn't their fault, I wouldn't train my sorriness either, but I do want to help in any way I can, and I'll do my best.

Even saying 'I, too, hope that day never comes.' does not quell my uncertainty or apprehension regarding the future of this planet.
Always hope for the best, always prepare for the worst.
Thank you so much for your service.
Thank you all for your respective service.

You don't have to serve in the military to bring honor to yourself son. There are many other ways you can serve your fellow man, without carrying a rifle, that are equally as important and valuable to the nation. You have the right attitude so I would say that whatever you end up doing with your life, when you look back on it, you will be satisfied with what you see.

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
HOORAY FOR PETER FONDA!!!

and why did I think he was an effete Hollywood liberel?

Guilt by association?

Peter and his father are very similar in their political views. Instead of being a Hollywood warrior, the elder Fonda chose to serve in the Navy during WWII and was awarded the Bronze Star. In fact MANY movie stars chose to enlist and serve, including Fonda's lifelong friend Jimmy Stewart who flew bombing missions for the Army Air Corp over Nazi Germany. Captain Kangaroo was a decorated Marine who served bravely in the Pacific. You should look into that; it a fascinating and heartwarming subject.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

reply to post by OldCorp

You don't have to serve in the military to bring honor to yourself son. There are many other ways you can serve your fellow man, without carrying a rifle, that are equally as important and valuable to the nation. You have the right attitude so I would say that whatever you end up doing with your life, when you look back on it, you will be satisfied with what you see.

Well, yeah, but it was something that I had been seriously considering, coming out of fostercare, but the recruiter had layed it down 'that I may need to mop up a bit before I try and enlist'. As much as I'd love to serve in that capacity, I have no other choice but to do what I can to serve in any capacity.
Again, thank you.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Thanks for your encouragement. Its truly an honor having one such as yourself as an ally.

Doppleganger. lol. - I thought the same thing myself.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join