reply to post by Mdv2
Minimalist bob ok I can do that.
1. socks 3 pairs no exceptions, socks can and will save your tush. ask anyone ever in the infantry.
2. small knife
3. large knife or axe, I prefer knife.
4. handgun and holster 9mm 40 45 but a man stopper not a 22.
5. 22 rifle small but quiet and will do the job if need be.
6. US GI pancho also doubles as ground cover or a tent.
7. cookpot something to boil a couple of cups aluminum.(alzheimers is the last thing to worry about in a shtf)
8. BIC lighter still made in the US and is worth about 20 boxes of matches even if wet.
9. food 3 days or 3 pouches food freeze dried long term storage.
10. water bottle filled.
11. duct tape re wrap around a credit card for size reduction.
12. space blaket one of the foil ones
13. sleeping bag
14. 2 person tent if alone most comfortable, if you find chicks along the way cramped but fun.
15.fishing line and a few hooks.
16. sewing needle and thread. clothes wounds Etc.
17.jacket medium weight if it is too cold you gonna die anyway.
19. multitool is more than just a knife it is a shtf toolkit.
20. last but certainly not least, in fact the most valuable piece to the bob, Your Dog.
He/She is a valuable companion that you can talk to, is an excellent guard (better senses than us) and will keep you warm.
Plus a dog would die for its human without a thought.
That's the quick bob, hope it helps
Note: 500 rounds for the 22 would last you a lifetime and only weighs 3.5 lbs
Handgun should only have 3 mags in all and loaded to capacity.
The hangun is your chips are down last resort so firing that will be hopefully never needed.
If you have to bug out chances are red dawn type shtf and you will be silent away from civilization living like a monk only taking what is needed so
no rambo stuff as you wouldn't last long.