It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policing for Profit: Cops Stealing Cash from Citizens under War on Drugs Hoax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

I suppose "X" would say it's your fault for not standing up to the police.

They must all be too stupid to know not to harass you or they just figure they'll harass you and see what they can get away with. Which is it? Doesnt really matter. Either one is unacceptable.

I wonder how many hours and extra dollars would it take for you to have made claim and gotten your money back?

I love how we have to pay to get back something that is ours. Regardless of the outcome you lose and the system wins.

And this is all perfectly acceptable. It's not the LEO's job to think. Just follow policy. Whether it's stealing from you, stoning a Saudi woman for driving, whipping a negro for running or tasing a 10 year old it's all just policy.

Who are we but meager insects in the face of great almighty policy?

I can see the conscious LEO now struggling to hold his clenched fist back while "policy" thrusts it forward. Fight as he may he is no match for "policy" and that fist will fly forward striking jaw in the name of all that is just and true.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Xcathdra

I agree.KNOW YOUR LAWS,regardless of of how screwed up they are.Change the Laws. Write to your representatives,so it stops.Make your friends and family's aware of the problem......Xcathdra,Thanks for your incite as a LEO. I think everyone needs to be aware of how these seizure laws work.

Yes, thank you for "inciting" us. I think everyone needs to be aware how these seizure laws really work. Your dissembling of the situations and facts at-hand has provided great insight into how LEO's think and operate.

Don't shoot the armed messenger, eh? The armed arm of the law should never be mistaken for or construed as the culprit. Blame it on the system and sleep well at night. Perhaps people get the Law they deserve, and LE is content to give them what they deserve.

edit on 26-5-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

Let me make this simple for you to understand.

Yes, I watched the videos... Yes ive read the articles. This is not the only thread on this topic.

The key word used is "consent".

Everytime you see an officer in the video dealing with a person, they are asking for consent to search. This is what I have been trying to tell you and others.

Say NO.

If the officer has enough PC to search, they are going to do it over your objections (and they legally can since they have PC). They still ask for consent to search even though they technically dont need it at that point.

The Chief in the video flat out states they are taking advantage of laws on the books.

Here is the second suggestion ive made numberous times. If you dont like the way the law works, then get involved and change it. The Police work for city / county / state, and those governments work for the people. Be heard, and hold your elected officals accountible. If they dont represent your intrests, vote for someone else who does share your views and is willing to make changes.

Worst case scenario, research the laws in your state and find out how to go about a citizen initiative to have a law introduced by a citizen and palced on the ballot to be voted on by the people.

Sitting and constantly bitching about actions, while doing nothing to prevent or change those actions, does no good.

On a personal level do I think the officers are in the wrong - I do (they are with the law though). I dont beleive that should be our sole function as police officers at all.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join