It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Purposes and Intent Behind Hatred In The World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'm sure you have had someone hate on you for no reason. Maybe they just don't like people. Sometimes you can drive by and a person can give you the worst look as if they want to throw up just because of seeing you. You did not do anything. These actions do not result from race, status, looks, or attitude. Those people who want to poke at our minds with a hot pitchfork. I was taught to ignore them, given a situation where I run into them. There is no purpose but to interfere with our brains, what should we do with them?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: The reason for hate is so that one can [falsely] feel superior to someone or a whole class of someones at their expense [plus the cost to ones own humanity in that process]!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Try giving said people a hearty hello rather than ignore them. Love begets love, and it conquers all negativity. What is needed to change the world is this motion, not idleness. It is the mover and shaker within us all, the light within us all, and we refuse to share it. The world is hate-filled when there is little motion and little light. Have empathy, have compassion, have grace, have humbleness - then there is little room for hate and suffering. All the while, remain detached and let all negativity pass through you rather than be absorbed.

Become passersby, with a smile.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Ten Ways to Fight Hate

www.splcenter.org...

The good news is … All over the country people are fighting hate, standing up to promote tolerance and inclusion. More often than not, when hate flares up, good people rise up against it — often in greater numbers and with stronger voices.

10 Ways to Fight Hate on Campus - A Response Guide for College Activists

www.plymouth.edu...

edit on 24-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

top topics

join