It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic Severe Outbreak Forecasted To Affect 80 Million In Metros (More Tornadoes Today)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

All of this was forecasted by someone on this site Sunday morning. Everyone scoofs at him and people who listen to him. If he is right and this is due to HAARP rings and people ever get their heads wrapped around that. Wikk they listen then? If it is true and people realize all this death and destruction is a deliberate act against the US people. If he is right do you realize that a type of War has been declared against us. How much more is it going to take for people to wake up?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
We are about to bug out to a frinds house here in a little bit. We are going to get what pounded down there earlier.

Liejunkie really hates this time of year. At least they have a nice basement where we are going.

Here is the radar i am currently watching. I also have the weather channel going.
www.ksdk.com...

Stay safe folks. Do not play around. I have been through the destruction as it happened. It is fast and it shows no mercy.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37bb90b9e61c.jpg[/atsimg]

Holy cow! Good luck dude!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
New tornado on the ground in the south Dallas metro-plex (Near Seagoville) but luckily it doesn't appear to be one of those monster wedge tornadoes. North Dallas area looks to be clear now. Time for some sleep

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

We still have a little while here in southern Illinois.

We have already been hit with a F1 tornado in town this year. We were huddled in the bathroom. I heard the roof creak a little. We are getting the heck out this time.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I did a quick google search and found the total recorded deaths by tornadoes for the years 1875 on up. Looks like this year, at 493 deaths as of Monday, is already the 8th highest year for deaths. If there are a little over 60 more deaths this year, it'll be the 2nd highest from 1875, 2nd to 1925 with 794 deaths, of which at least 690 came from a single storm system. Looking at the tornado deaths in more recent decades, we've only had triple digit deaths in a single year 3 times since 1974, in 1984 with 122, 1998 with 130, and 2008 with 125.

www.norman.noaa.gov...

articles.cnn.com...

www.examiner.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

CNN meteorologist is talking with Piers Morgan tonight, and Pierce asked him a 'Just what the hell is going on??" kinda question...

I think I found the clip of that interview

Is this the one? Seems like the meteorologist dosent really have an explanation for these recent events.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
From 2000-2010, the NOAA tornado database has 604 fatalities.
In 2011, the total, as of yesterday morning, is 481.
Not too sure how many more to add from Joplin and from last nights events.

I think that fact alone speaks volumes as to violent this years tornados have been.
edit on 25/5/11 by Plumbduff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Yeah, I've been bookmarking his videos lately, and just less then an hour ago he published another warning, severe weather in 24-48 hours in these areas... video. you can see more interesting ones realitycracked.com... in my saved. Hes been pretty accurate so far, this time(on todays video) the rings are a bit different than before, maybe they are just forming. Would love to hear from someone who understands meteorolgy and how the data is collected and why these rings actually appear. He calls them haarp rings but who knows, maybe that is actually totally normal. any meteoroligsts here?

realitycracked.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Plumbduff

Well you can add at least 125 from Joplin and you've already crossed that mark. This season has brought the most tornadoes touched down at any one time and also the deadliest tornado ever to strike American soil since data has been recorded over 61 years ago.

It does not happen every year for the ignorant who think this is your usual. Its not the fact that social media is so advanced you get more info. Sorry I don't get my weather info from Facebook or twitter its the same outlets i have always used for years.

Even in the face of facts people try to downplay the situation and the fact is this situation is not normal.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbduff

I think that fact alone speaks volumes as to violent this years tornados have been.

Thanks for this info!!! Very profound information and it should debunk any notions that "oh, everything is normal....it's just that we have internet now and are reporting more'"

Thanks again!!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ENlGMA
anyone who lives in an area where tornados occur every year in the same place = total idiot
edit on 25-5-2011 by ENlGMA because: (no reason given)

What an ignorant a$$ statement to make..

Did you know that these type of tornados usually target unpopulated areas, and now have started to target the populated areas? How does one predict that??

And move where? There is and will be flooding. quakes, hurricanes, and tornados (and etc) everywhere...you WILL get one or another.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Just curious, what are all of your thoughts on what this might do concerning the flooding Mississippi river? I know all these storms are crossing right over the basin although with less intensity at that point, yet the whole flooding situation seems to have disappeared from many MSM outlets...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by karileigh77

We get snow but not five feet. So when we get five feet its a problem.

That is just an uneducated thing to say, take meterology 101.

Like a Californian saying what is the big deal about the quake in Japan because cali gets earthquakes all the time.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by Plumbduff

Thanks for this info!!! Very profound information and it should debunk any notions that "oh, everything is normal....it's just that we have internet now and are reporting more'"

Thanks again!!

Another one for you ...
With the Joplin, MO EF-5 tornado upgrade;
4 EF-5 tornados have occurred this year, the most EF-5/F-5s in a year since 1974

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
DO you know what that first map reminds me of? The first map looks almost just like the siesmic danger areas for the New Madrid Fault Zone. hmmmm.... maybe somone can post with them side by side. interesting

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Multiple tornado warnings around here this evening! When they gave the first one I ran straight for the storm shelter! What a relief it was to know that I was underground and safe! So glad we made that investment finally! No damage at my place outside of some limbs down and power out for several hours, but others not so lucky! Part of the roof was torn off the Lowes... I didn't get to watch my local news tonight due to power so what I know right now is limited!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join