It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic Severe Outbreak Forecasted To Affect 80 Million In Metros (More Tornadoes Today)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Obama says, "I'll get there by Sunday"..

Here's some devastating photos already...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Im in North Texas, Denton to be exact. Theres been tiny tornadoes in a few cities in Denton County and some south of us near Ft. Worth. Nothing really big yet.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

WOW...that is so much damage...entire community's...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by karileigh77
Im in tornado alley.Everyone knows there is always a chance of a tornado .This just happens to be a busy year for them.Its nothing new.

CNN meteorologist is talking with Piers Morgan tonight, and Pierce asked him a 'Just what the hell is going on??" kinda question...

The expert showed a graph that displayed deaths from tornados since the 1900's to now.....the deaths were very high in the beginning, as there was not technology in place to warn people...then around the 80s to last year, death tolls dropped dramatically.

But then......

THIS YEAR ALONE we have met and surpassed death tolls from the 1950's , very unprecedented and he publically stated that experts admit that there is NO explanation for just 'what the hell is goin' on'.

This is NOT normal.
edit on 24-5-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

extra DIV

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Good input.. I've already heard it reported elsewhere that this is the worst year of tornado deaths in half a century. And it's not even technically summer yet.. Bad news.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Even today we have no real warning system. On average you get maybe 10 mins if you're lucky. The NWS tries to predict them days in advance, but they have no clue where they will spawn, only where atmospheric conditions are prime.

More often than not, you get no warning at all. And not all tornadoes occur during daytime when people are even up, many occur at night.

And our houses surely are not built of better materials.. plywood and stuffing, that's it..

But let's assume we had a 1hr warning.. what do you do .. run away, hide in a field, hope it doesn't change course.. stock up in the closet? There is no preparing for an EF-4 or 5 tornado.

Don't buy into the fear that this is somehow extraordinary caused by global warming.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by karileigh77

If you're in tornado alley, you most also know that the most amount of tornadoes in a storm record has been broken three times just THIS YEAR... Does that tell you something? All with in what a week?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I live in Denton County too. We're getting spared the worst of it tonight but we've had our share this year for sure. I'm having my whole roof replaced from the hail damage a few weeks ago. Is this worse than usual? No, the storms are typical but I think that the number and frequency of severe storms has increased this year. Add in more storms and the odds are eventually one will hit a major populated area.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Even today we have no real warning system. On average you get maybe 10 mins if you're lucky. The NWS tries to predict them days in advance, but they have no clue where they will spawn, only where atmospheric conditions are prime.

More often than not, you get no warning at all. And not all tornadoes occur during daytime when people are even up, many occur at night.

And our houses surely are not built of better materials.. plywood and stuffing, that's it..

But let's assume we had a 1hr warning.. what do you do .. run away, hide in a field, hope it doesn't change course.. stock up in the closet? There is no preparing for an EF-4 or 5 tornado.

Don't buy into the fear that this is somehow extraordinary caused by global warming.

You said it, man.. "Global Warming" is the biggest damn propaganda tool of this century. The only thing consistent regarding climate throughout recorded history (ice cores) is that climate is always changing.. And the actual research from the Vostok Ice Core shows that CO2 level changes actually lagged temperature changes by 800 years +/- 200 years, If I recall correctly...
edit on 24-5-2011 by rstregooski because: content

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I'm in Watauga, just south of Denton (right between Keller and North Richland Hills). We had FOUR areas of circulation over my house. They were literally at each corner of the compass. All four looked like they could "drop" at any moment. You could even see blue daylight through the eye of one of them. It all passed over about 30 minutes ago, but it unnerved the heck out of me. It even got to my mom, and she grew up in the Texas Panhandle and has seen a million of these. That was so close to being bad its not even funny. I have several friends that live a few miles away that had 60+mph winds and hail the size of golf balls. I don't know why my area didn't get the wind and hail, but I'm glad.

As soon as it passed, half my neighborhood came out to look at it. It was kind of funny. I'm just forever indebted to my mom, because she can tell me a heck of a lot more about what to watch for than the man on the TV ever could.

What's really creepy about this to me is that I commented in a thread about Joplin the other day and said that this area is way overdue for a major tornado. I hope I didn't curse the people in Dallas.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

We have had so many destructive tornados this week> What town are these pictures taken of.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Interestingly enough, the computer model in my OP was rather accurate to the current situation...

Original Forecast:

Current Radar:

edit on 24-5-2011 by rstregooski because: dfg

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Yea, so far this is pretty typical for our area. Ive lived here for years now and its so far still the same. For other parts of the US, im not so sure though.

reply to post by riddle6

One of my friends who lives out in Justin saw a tiny tornado touch down a little over an hour ago.

My channel 5, either nbc or msnbc, im not sure which one, is saying theres a chance for more storms to develop on the dry line to the west of us. I think theyre talking about somewhere 20-30 miles west of Euless at the moment. Last time they showed the radar for that area, all there was were a few green colored spots.

Edit - Nevermind, they just did another segment on the dry line and it was near Parker County and Weatherford. Another somewhat serious storm (its got dark red and purple in it) just blew up out there in the past 20 minutes and its heading this way like the earlier ones.
edit on 24-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

Edit 2 - Oh also theres some pretty heavy stuff going on North of us near piolt point

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by dbates

Yea, so far this is pretty typical for our area. Ive lived here for years now and its so far still the same. For other parts of the US, im not so sure though.

reply to post by riddle6

One of my friends who lives out in Justin saw a tiny tornado touch down a little over an hour ago.

My channel 5, either nbc or msnbc, im not sure which one, is saying theres a chance for more storms to develop on the dry line to the west of us. I think theyre talking about somewhere 20-30 miles west of Euless at the moment. Last time they showed the radar for that area, all there was were a few green colored spots.

Weather experts said it’s unusual for deadly tornadoes to develop a few weeks apart in the U.S. But what made the two storm systems that barreled through a Missouri city and the South within the last month so rare is that tornadoes took direct aim at populated areas.

The tornado that hit Joplin, Mo., on Sunday killed at least 117 people and marked the nation’s deadliest single tornado in almost six decades. The series of twisters that swept through the South late last month killed more than 300 people. Both disasters leveled entire communities.

And now here is another one.. And summer hasn't even occurred yet.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

What is causing this Biblical turn of events. Global warming doesn't have to be man made you know. It could be a natural turn of events however.....

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm surprised nobody's screamed HAARP on this thread yet.. I don't know what to think about HAARP, but I do recall a thread before the last outbreak with photos of what appeared to be clouds being pumped out around ground level in an area around Austin, TX. I haven't formulated enough of an opinion to respectively comment on the HAARP angle though...

edit on 24-5-2011 by rstregooski because: yea

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Somehow,i´m not really suprised by this...This Year was fked up from Day 1,Weather included. I hope you don´t get a Katrina 2.0 on top of it...

Best wished from Germany

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Sunday there was a post on this site talking about HAARP rings and where these storms were going to break out in the nexty two days. I was just checking where he said. I know he mentioned a ring around Des Moines. Yesterday we had a tornado not to far from there and 3 east of Des Moines. I was going back to see what other areas he said. I don;t care what anybody says he has been better at predicting these things than the weather men have.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

To the best of my knowledge these are all from Joplin..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

This might sound crazy, but thanks for the heads up. The TV is on a basketball game and my computer is mainly on ATS and Facebook. I'm still hearing thunder, but I thought it had all passed over. Now I know that there is more out west that I should watch for. Channel 8 (ABC) had said it should be over for Fort Worth by 9, so I kind of stopped paying close attention since its near 10 (stupidest thing ever, by the way). I now have radar up on the computer, so I can watch that as well.

Stay safe up there.

Same for everyone out in ATS-land that's in the path of these storms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join