Palestinian Official Calls Netanyahu's Speech A 'Declaration Of War'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Palestinian Official Calls Netanyahu's Speech A 'Declaration Of War'

www.npr.org

The outlines of a peace deal described today by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are a "declaration of war" in the view of Palestinians, Nabil Shaath, an aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, tells The Associated Press.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted or not but I haven't seen it on here yet. Looks like the Palestinians have interpreted Netanyahu's speech as a declaration of war. Is this the begining of ww3? What do you guys think?
The only link I have right now is from NPR if anyone has any other links that would be helpful because there's not too much to the article. It's probably on the news though.

www.npr.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-5-2011 by matrixportal because: wrong word

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Nothing to see here. Was it Abbas? Was it Hamas' leader? Just some PA "official"?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Here's a few more links for you.

www.ibtimes.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

english.wafa.ps...

He's an aide to Mahmoud Abbas
edit on 24-5-2011 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Nothing to see here. Was it Abbas? Was it Hamas' leader? Just some PA "official"?

www.foxnews.com

Apparently it was a Mr. Nabil Shaath - an aide to Abbas.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Why does it have to be a "declaration of war"?
Why wouldn't it just be considered an "unacceptable offer"?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

What makes one think we are not already in the beginnings of WWIII. Wars like that don't just happen over night. They take time and build until they grow into a WW. The entire region is in civil unrest and part of it is already in actual war. The question is how long until it turns into a full scale WW?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
alright then
let's get this show on the road
what's the hold-up ???

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I don't think this or any similar event should be considered the start of WW3. Palestinian military is incapable of waging a war.

We are already in a cold war for WW3...........

This type of rhetoric is used daily in the middle east. Nothing to see here until Parent countries get involved with proxy countries.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"Shaath said Netanyahu's proposal ignores the Israeli-Arab borders that existed before the 1967 war — lines that President Obama said last week should form the basis (as long as there are also mutually agreed-upon land swaps) of any Israeli-Palestinian deal."

unquote

"existed before the 1967 war"
KEY WORD

before the 1967 WAR. So they declare WAR on a Country months old,, Attack with EVERY means available,jets/tanks/etc,,, well i'm sure i don't need too say how THAT turned out.
NOW give it all back?????????????????????????

I'm too old for new age thinking,, shoot me.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
alright then
let's get this show on the road
what's the hold-up ???
I think they are waiting for obowmore to fully abandon Israel. As soon as he does, I would expect something substantive to happen.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
I think they are waiting for obowmore to fully abandon Israel. As soon as he does, I would expect something substantive to happen.

me thinks Obama's rhetoric on abandoning
Israel is just a ruse. TPTB won't allow the
US to abandon Israel. But it sure raises
eyebrows in the ME when that ruse is
on the front page of the press.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

So while we are watching this shell game.. (one of a few running at the moment to distract us)
what do you actually think the other hands are really doing??

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

me thinks Obama's rhetoric on abandoning
Israel is just a ruse. TPTB won't allow the
US to abandon Israel. But it sure raises
eyebrows in the ME when that ruse is
on the front page of the press.
Unfortunately I believe you are wrong. The US will abandon Israel. Whether by choice or because we no longer exist as a nation is debatable.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Israel does as it pleases. Israel does not care about what the international community thinks aslong as american goverment continue to back it, israel will say and do what it wants the only goverment who can tighten the screw on israel is the US goverment

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
I don't think this or any similar event should be considered the start of WW3. Palestinian military is incapable of waging a war.

We are already in a cold war for WW3...........

This type of rhetoric is used daily in the middle east. Nothing to see here until Parent countries get involved with proxy countries.

sadbut true your right on the spot with that.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I would be interested to know just WHAT about the speech was an act of war?

I watched the whole speech , and he repeatedly asked for the leadership of Palestinians to work for peace......

he did say they will NOT give back to the prior land areas...........

But did offer up other suggestions............

That doesnt sound like someone who wants war...........

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What a strange coincidence: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope that its just a coincidence, but this is politics.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Whats funny, Palestinians have a set of rules they need to abide by before they can establish their own state (ie recognize Israel). Where-as Israel has said time and time again they will not negotiate with the PLO if they already predetermine the 'guidelines' to peace talks. But Israels actions contradict their own words. Isn't it pre-determined that the Palestinians must recognize a Israeli state before the Israelis come to the negotiation tables? And wouldn't it make sense that if Israel asks the PLO for recognition that Israel is a Jewish state, shouldn't Israel have to recognize the West Bank and Gaza Strip as Palestinian land?
edit on 24-5-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
What a strange coincidence: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope that its just a coincidence, but this is politics.

No coincidence, Netanyahu's words alone can so enrage Palestinians that this can be expected.

Take from Netanyahu's speech what you will, but here is what he is really saying:

No change in Israel on the Palestinian issues. NO possibility for peace with the Palestinians because they have allied themselves to Hamas... Stalemate will continue.

Iran is the greatest threat to Israel and the world and there must be war to destroy their nuclear ambitions.

Iran is the new boogie man, now that Obama has killed Bin Laden. Iran will arm terrorists with nukes, Iran will attack the USA and Israel through its "proxies" .

Never Again!

There is no greater friend to Israel than the USA, and the USA has no greater friend than Israel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in Pakistan a REAL threat has already gone by unmitigated.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join