It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy and predictin of the return of Jesus Christ. (second attempt)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Apparently, this posting was a bit strong so it was closed, even though it was under the correct thread heading of "Predictions and Prophecies, and was specifically about prophecy. So I will try again. So I have appropriately titled my heading to exclude Harold Camping and to point to the prophecy itself of Jesus Christ's imminent return to Earth, and what it means for you and me. So... without much further ado... here we go..

Excerpts from the Bible (paraphrased)

" And of that day or hour no man knows except for God.."

" The day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night."

" And they were eating and drinking and marrying until the flood came and took them all away."

" And as is was like during Noah's days, it will be just like that in the end days. "

" And the sun was darkened and the moon hid it's light. "

" For the day of the Lord will be darkness, and the Earth shall reel back and forth like a tumbleweed, who shall be able to stand in that day ? "

" And I tell you the truth that if you do not change your ways (repent) you will perish the same way. "

Jesus is coming. It may not be tomorrow, but He is coming. What will that day be like for you on that day ? When the door closes, there will be no chance to escape the destruction to come. Think about it carefully. Yes, God is full of love, for His own. But he is full of anger to all His enemies, those that mock Him today and scoff at Him, and those who don't believe in Him, and those that defy Him. Watch this video of the Joplin tornado. Is this what it will be like for you when Jesus returns ? The Bible in Matthew 24 clearly states the facts as Jesus himself put it forth. This prophecy will come to pass soon, the Bible says so.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

You see, that is the problem, many of you have. You have intermixed the day the Lord (GOD!) will come to judge with the day Jesus will come.
You INTERMINGLE those, although they should NOT BE INTERMINGLED.

The second coming of Jesus is a completely another thing and has nothing to do with the Day the God Almighty will come to judge the people.

Even your quotes prove that - because they talk about THE DESTRUCTION of the universe!

How can you reconcile THAT with Jesus second coming??

Since these two notions have been intermixed in christianity - THAT is why we have this total chaos in predicting when will "the rapture" be, what about the "tribualation". will the rapture happen BEFORE or AFTER that and all that stuff.
edit on 24/5/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What you seek is already here, humanity simply does not recognize it.
edit on 24/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Nah, something like the following video. An oldie but goodie will have believers run into traffic. Or as Hamlet said.

What dreames may come, When we haue shufflel'd off this mortall coile, Must giue vs pawse.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The thing is, when you look back at the history of Christianity, it is rife with these predictions, none of which have happened. When Paul was preaching he told his followers that Jesus was going to return any day WITHIN THEIR LIFETIMES, so they had to be ready. You can readily see this in some of his letters (Epistles) that are a part of the New Testament.

Yet...no Jesus.

Indeed, Pick a year, any year and still, no Jesus.

Also, simply listing Bible quotes doesn't do anything for anyone except those who have already drunk the Kool Aid. It's a useless endeavor.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I predict, based upon the fact one of my threads was predicted to close or go to chitchat in the same manner with the same video (too violent for me)...that this will be gone in 5.4.3.2.1....

CJ

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Guess what, he'll never come.

The idea that he was right around the corner has existed since his death. Thousands upon thousands of times people have "decoded", "proven", been "told by god" that the end was near. It doesn't happen because there is no plan. It's not mystical. We are not predestined nor are we controlled, created or watched by any omnipotent being.

When a life altering (or ending) tragedy does happen there will be no salvation. We will perish or survive in accordance with our own abilities and determination or by chance.

You will not be magically saved from the fate that we face. You are not special, not loved above others, not privy to any great secrets. You are just a human on a rock in space, struggling to have meaning and purpose and to understand the immensity in which we exist. Just like the rest of us.

Get a grip.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Southern Baptist much? Church of Christ? hmmm..how about something from the church of honesty and truth...Rapture not gonna happen until tribulation. The arrogance of 'Christians' to claim they will be spared is laughable. If the apostles and CHRIST Himself suffered for the truth, why shouldn't end time Christians. Come on, you know its true. Prepare for tribulation and prepare to give an account of yourself and your beliefs, prepare to die for what you proclaim. Just like Jesus and the apostles and many other followers around the world today. Its easy to say, hard to do.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruisedhalo

Southern Baptist much? Church of Christ? hmmm..how about something from the church of honesty and truth...Rapture not gonna happen until tribulation. The arrogance of 'Christians' to claim they will be spared is laughable. If the apostles and CHRIST Himself suffered for the truth, why shouldn't end time Christians. Come on, you know its true. Prepare for tribulation and prepare to give an account of yourself and your beliefs, prepare to die for what you proclaim. Just like Jesus and the apostles and many other followers around the world today. Its easy to say, hard to do.

I believe also that Jesus will not return until after the great tribulation period, which is why I am looking for two things to happen. One is that a peace treaty is signed with Israel that allows them a temple along side the Dome of the rock. The other is when the UN begins sanctions against Israel with a blockade. Then we would be really close to the real end of this age. Besides, the Bible says that Jesus will not come back until Anti-Christ is revealed (2cd Thess - chapter 2)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Instead of a peace treaty with Israel, think something more on the line of a forced peace. Confirmation by many (UN) if you will. Imposed peace but not real peace. Israel then lashes out and the world army closes in. NOW that day is closer than anyone thinks.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think there's an obvious difference between failed pretender to the Jewish throne, Jesus Christ, and the vengeful supernatural warrior King Emmanuel foretold by the prophet Elijah. The one expected to "return" was the one who obviously never showed up in the first place.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruisedhalo

Instead of a peace treaty with Israel, think something more on the line of a forced peace. Confirmation by many (UN) if you will. Imposed peace but not real peace. Israel then lashes out and the world army closes in. NOW that day is closer than anyone thinks.

That's an interesting perspective, haven't heard it put like that before and I think something like that has merit.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What is God’s message to those running around declaring themselves special to be raptured at the beginning of the tribulation (day of the Lord)

Amos 5:18-27

The Day of the LORD
18 Woe to you who long
for the day of the LORD!
Why do you long for the day of the LORD?
That day will be darkness, not light.

19 It will be as though a man fled from a lion
only to meet a bear,
as though he entered his house
and rested his hand on the wall
only to have a snake bite him.

20 Will not the day of the LORD be darkness, not light—
pitch-dark, without a ray of brightness?

21 “I hate, I despise your religious festivals;
I cannot stand your assemblies.

22 Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings,
I will not accept them.
Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
I will have no regard for them.

23 Away with the noise of your songs!
I will not listen to the music of your harps.

24 But let justice roll on like a river,
righteousness like a never-failing stream!

THE DAY OF THE LORD IS TRULY APON US, IT IS VERY POSSIBLE WITHIN MONTHS FROM NOW, WE WILL BE SEVERELY TESTED THE SHEEP WILL BE SEPARATED FROM THE GOATS, MAY GOD HAS MERCY ON OUR SOULS!!

1 Peter 7
Faith will be tested by trails." "Faith will be tested by fire and purified as gold." "If your faith remains strong after fiery trails, it will bring you much praise glory and honor on the day Jesus Christ is revealed to the world."

HE WILL BE LOOKING INTO OUR HEARTS FOR MEEKNESS, RIGHTOUSENESS, LOVE TOWARDS OTHERS, AND LOVE TOWARDS GOD.

1 Corinthians 13
Love Is the Greatest
1 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

James 2:17
So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, your faith it is dead and useless.

Jeremiah 17:10
But I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve.

LOVE FOR MATERIALISM, MONEY, SELFISNESS, SELFCENTEREDNESS, PRIDE WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL NOW AND ALWAYS!!!! DOES NOT MATTER YOU MANY TIMES YOU GO TO CHURH OR CALL YOURSELFS CHRISTIAN.

Revelation 3:2
"Wake up! Strengthen what little remains, for even what is left is almost dead. I find that your actions do not meet the requirements of God".

Revelation 2:23
New International Version (NIV)
23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

edit on 5-6-2011 by Cyrus444 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2011 by Cyrus444 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Incredible how people ignore the very first thing about any prophecy concerning the return of Christ and the establishment of the kingdom of God on this earth.

NO ONE KNOWS BUT THE FATHER> How there is even any money in making these wild claims that absolutely embarass true believers is beyond me. I guess it's like voting.
Unbelievable !

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
(THIS IS NOT A TROLL POST)

There is no way to tell when Jesus is coming even if he did or does exist. Stop using Religion as the one and true answer to everything when none of the predictions never come true.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Prophecy and prediction that another prophecy prediction thread will not come true.

You don't wanna play with my odds boy, I'm 20 for 20, batting perfect here..... I am a Sage after all...
edit on 5-6-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well, if you want to know when Jesus Christ is coming back then you need to look at Matthew 24. He was asked that question by the disciples and he gave them an answer.

Matthew 24

1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

And looking at the answer I managed to pick out the answer for the sign of his return.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Verse 28 is the actual sign of his return. So what is he talking about when he mentions the carcass? And I think I got that figured out. Take a look at Daniel 8. In that prophecy which Daniel himself states is a end time prophecy in verse 19. After the battle of the ram and the goat is complete what is left? A carcass. And since Matthew 24 also references Daniel 11 in verse 24-15 I believe the answer to the question is this.

When you see 2 nations/kings conquered in the middle east followed by the conquest of "Persia".

That's why Harold Camping is off. "Persia" has yet to be conquered.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
How would you recognize him?

Would he look like this?

If I told you that I look like this would you think me to be Jesus?

It is odd because so many people do not understand that the "man", Jesus, became the Christ, he became Jesus Christ; the next coming is the "Christ", the embodiment, not the man!

Who would you recognize as the embodiment of Christ, and how will you recognize him for who he is?

I have a good idea, but I am afraid I have mentioned him enough times that "crazy" is what I am perceived as. It doesn't bother me, and it does not matter either. You see, if Christ returns, we will "all" recognize him. He will appear as someone we know, personally and Universally! Every age, every manner of person, religious and non alike will recognize his face!

How will you recognize him? Through his deeds? Through his actions? Through his words?

NO! You will simply "recognize" him because you have seen him before in this lifetime, and then you will open to his deeds, his actions, and his words! It is that simple! He is the Christ!

It won't be Jesus the Man, so how will you recognize him when you meet him?

Here he is, and I do not think there is a living person that does not know who he is! He is the embodiment and he has left us, if he should return, we will all recognize him immediately!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44083751d680.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oh for heavens sake! NOBODY, not you, me, the Prime Minsiter, the White House or the Pope knows when Christ will come back. Only God Himself does. And from what i read He will come like a thief in the night. So thats that.

new topics

top topics

join