It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS- The biggest conspiracy is no conspiracy at all.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I am writing this because after several months of being a member on ATS I have seen a WHOLE Lot of wackos post theories, lies, rumors, etc... Most people that come here do not have an intelligence level high enough to discern fact from fiction or the ability to see fact from fiction.
Let me start with explaining what ATS is and then I will go into what it IS NOT...

ATS IS:

A site designed to give wackos with foil hats a place to feel smart and find people that will believe them.

A site designed to make money off of these above people. www.theabovenetwork.com...

A site designed to make money off of advertisements. www.theabovenetwork.com...

A site that hires writers to intentionally write stories that sound outrageous.

Some links to back up my claim:

www.mouthpublicrelations.com...

www.prweb.com...

NOW: What ATS is NOT:

Is NOT a site of factual information and mainly hosts misinformation mixed with some truth...

A link to help all you 2012 theorists and all you that are scared of impending doom.:

vimeo.com...

A link to show NO ONE controls the misinformation:

www.youtube.com...

SO What is my goal in this post??? First of all that it doesn't get deleted. Secondly that it makes you all think twice before believing anything you see. Thirdly, that you get off the dang computers and start living because if there was a real threat to the earth, what does spending all your last moments on a computer with fake research doing for you??

WAKE UP AMERICAN'Ts

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I come here for entertainment.......................

You seem to be going thru the "breaking in" phase. Hang on your almost there. Pretty soon you won't even bother posting.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagentwomyn

You conclude your OP in error if you believe that all people visiting ATS are from the country of America (AMERICAN'Ts).

I would say that ATS provides an outlet for the freedom of speech and expression regardless of your geographical or political environment.

Be Well.

link   

Make no mistake about it, there are people in this world who are not looking out for your best interests and will use you and everyone else to satisfy their greed which takes them down only one road, corruption, and many more bad things spawn from this. This isn't new. This is our history, to sum it up, the Haves Vs the Have Nots.

It is up to you to decide what is real and what is not. The world is full of truth and lies, all mixed together. This place is a great source of current information, that's what the internet is for.

That said, don't drive yourself crazy with all of this either. Don't get emotional, anger and hate is ALL consuming (ask Darth Vader), and know matter how bad it is never forget to smile. Live life the way that is best for you.

Good luck, be smart, and don't forget to...

edit on 24-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

link   

If people actually come to ATS because they think that there are mind-blowing conspiracies and hidden truths here, then that is there fault.

ATS is an entertainment site, A place for people to discuss theories.

Nobody with a real conspiracy would ever come here.... no whistleblower would ever leak any info here.

It's a bit of fun, treat it as such and enjoy yourself.

That doesn't mean that there aren't some interesting threads and some great members who actually have something to say, just that you need to take 99% of the stuff on here with a pinch of salt

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
true that ive seen some crazy far out beliefs and utter crap. i mainly use this site to see whats happening around the world as our msm has a habit of not covering what i call news. its good to have ppl with similar interests be able to link up plus there are some intelligent ppl on here that put out very thought provoking threads.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thats odd,
I still believe in ET's

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I assumed that this was an entertainment site. It is very entertaining!

+12 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagentwomyn
Let me start with explaining what ATS is and then I will go into what it IS NOT...

ATS IS:

A site designed to give wackos with foil hats a place to feel smart and find people that will believe them.

And yet, here you are, posting away.

ATS IS:
A site designed to make money off of these above people. www.theabovenetwork.com...

Advertising pays the bills. The bills cover the cost of running the site, and the radio show. We can charge a fee but we feel that the members, and guests, are better served by not paying to view the site.

Out of curiousity, did you post something similar on the Fox, ABC, NBC, CBS etc websites? They show ads too, providing you, and many others, with countless hours of entertainment. Personally, I find the info here far better and far more entertaining than anything on prime time.

A site that hires writers to intentionally write stories that sound outrageous.

Some links to back up my claim:

www.mouthpublicrelations.com...

www.prweb.com...

That is simply not true. Please show me proof of this, beyond a press release that states that our owners are willing to be interviewed.

The closest we have come to having paid authors of any kind was publishing a book, written by Jim Marrs, based on the topics already being discussed on this site and, for a short while, we toyed with ATS reporters but, for the most part, the pieces were not published. The pieces that were published were all factual, based on news stories that were happening, at the time.

Is NOT a site of factual information and mainly hosts misinformation mixed with some truth...

This is why we've been sourced by almost every major news outlet and have even been the cause of an FBI announcement confirming the validity of a document found on our sit.

A link to help all you 2012 theorists and all you that are scared of impending doom.:

seems to me you are simply upset over the gloom and doom threads. perhaps someone threw their money away on a rapture that never happened?

we cover all topics on ATS, the members post them. The staff moderate them (and post from time to time). Nobody is paid for their work here. Not the moderators, not the super mods, not the admins and, sadly, not even the radio crew.

SO What is my goal in this post???

To create yet another ats is ....thread. job well done.

Secondly that it makes you all think twice before believing anything you see.

Give our members a little more credit than that. Our members, for the most part, are very intelligent and can tell a hoax from reality. So much so that, in certain circles, a hoax tag here is a death knell. Hell, I'm sure our members read your opening post and knew, immediately, that there was an underlying reason for the ridiculous claims being laid out.

Thirdly, that you get off the dang computers and start living because if there was a real threat to the earth, what does spending all your last moments on a computer with fake research doing for you??

You have until October 21, 2011 to enjoy life so, yes, you should do just that. For you, that might mean logging off the dang computer (yet you are posting here). For others, that means learning more about the events of the world around us and trying to unravel the mysteries that we see around us.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Nobody with a real conspiracy would ever come here.... no whistleblower would ever leak any info here.

Well, that's not actually true.

INSLAW case

mos's Chinese routers thread. This got some major play in the world wide media.

That's just two quick ones off the top of my head before dinner. The statement that no real conspiracy would be found/come here isn't true.
edit on 24-5-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This thread actually awnsered a couple of questions for me, so S&F for that.

Alot of people probably have the same questions; it is the elephant in the room around here it seems.

Noteworthy though: ATS would seem to be a great place for someone to let the cat out of the bag, so to speak, because everyone knows conspiracy theorist's are crazy and have no credibility...right?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wow.

I guess we really suck.

Thank you so much, secretagentwomyn, for opening my eyes to reality. Especially with one of the most scintillating and informative threads ever on ATS. That must've taken months of research. I guess you couldn't top that one, until this epic hit piece, today.

Now let's see if you can heed your own advice.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac26ac5b9771.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoachSlamYou
Thats odd,
I still believe in ET's

Me too
And I think there is more to ATS then you give credit. I did S&F you for you efforts.
edit on 5/24/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I like ATS a lot and yes there may be no ground breaking revelations that have come true but you have to scratch beneath the surface. Its great for alterative news and I like keeping track of stories that don’t get any time on the MSM (Like the situation in Japan which I believe to be really bad)

What people post on here might seem like hogwash to others but there is always some claims that are backed up by hard evidence. Not all posts are just someone’s wild imagination. You have to follow their lead and come to your own conclusions which sometimes are the same.

My biggest disappointments recently on here have been the Anonymous collective, who just attack websites not really revealing any truth (and all the while giving governments ammo to police the web)
Also Wikileaks who just release mainly war documents that promote more war by all sides who use this info as propaganda.

I always hold out hope that some real big revelations will come soon though.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

WAKE UP AMERICAN'Ts

Man it just sounds like you don't like outlandish threads, why bash the whole site seriously? I see a lot of thread's with sources from professors, mainstream media articles, science journals and flat out mathematics in the science & technology forum. NO, I wouldn't use ATS for academia but the theme of the site is to "deny ignorance", not, "prove me wrong"

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Crakeur: Bravo! Nicely said.

secretagentwomyn: I'm sorry that you're disappointed here. If ATS members distress you so, perhaps you'd be more comfortable at this other site.

No place is perfect, but this place comes darned close. Just my humble opinion.
edit on 5/24/2011 by TNTarheel because: can never get it right the first time

top topics

join