It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/5 of Russian defense budget "stolen" per year.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

www.calgarysun.com

MOSCOW - A fifth of Russia’s state defence spending is stolen every year by corrupt officials, dishonest generals and crooked contractors, Russia’s chief military prosecutor said in an interview published on Tuesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I wonder if a $10,000 toilet/installation for a bathroom in a U.S Army Barracks or $100 to Halliburton for 1 load of Soldiers clothes to be washed in Iraq consitutes as "theft" as well?...

Roughly 53 billion a year is spent in Russia on their "defense budget".. So if 1/5 is being dispersed into the pockets of government officials and contracts well... that's a problem. However, as I mentioned before, what consitutes as "theft". lol

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 24-5-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It could be just the same in America for all we know. Black budgets funding corporate-government contracts are not audited by anyone ..... but wait, neither is the FED... oh hell... it's not like any of the money is real anyway

edit on 24-5-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sounds like the Ministry of Moscow and the people they ought to be representing should consider security consultation. To conduct a risk analysis and threat assessment for profit loss, espionage, physical security and even digital.

Clearly they are over due when it comes to catching up with the ages, but in this case they may be catastrophically so.

Unless of course they can afford to lose so much...then those losses become more like under the table gain.

There is the option of hiring some one, to perform the above mentioned measures.

One thing is for sure, if Moscow doesn't see the losses as affordable, I could reduce their profit loss for a fraction of such.

How ever, they will keep failing as their in house consultants have them sedated as it seems.

edit on 24-5-2011 by ADVISOR because: I need the practice

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

It would seem our Russian counterparts are not as dishonest as US err the US.
I am sure we lose 50-75% to straight up scandelous crap.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yeah at least that much of Halliburton's ca$h when directly into Cheney's already deep pockets...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Oh Dear,

The Russians have clearly read about our MP's expenses claims. Its taken years for this problem to be dealt with and still some are probably finding ingenuous ways around the new rules.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
When you are spending vast sums of sheeples money - waste, gross incompetence and rampant corruption allways seem to happen. Aid budgets are also notorrious for this.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Oh my god.

Can people stop mentioning the USA.
Thisis about Russia.
I

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Look on the brighter side, if we complain enough about how much money Russia loses to .....bad investments.
Folks in the US might open their eyes and wonder how much of their money gets lost too.
Naww it'll never happen till a loaf of bread is $40. USD.
By then it will be too late.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Clearly they are over due when it comes to catching up with the ages, but in this case they may be catastrophically so.

Whose "ages" are they trying to catch up to? I'd be surprised if the US military wasn't losing more than 1/5th of its own spending to similar practices, like what the OP was mentioning about companies spending way more money than necessary on common items. Those are just the easiest corrupt transactions to catch. When the Pentagon awards no-bid contracts they often give these companies blank checks anyway.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

www.calgarysun.com

MOSCOW - A fifth of Russia’s state defence spending is stolen every year by corrupt officials, dishonest generals and crooked contractors, Russia’s chief military prosecutor said in an interview published on Tuesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

I thought this may add something to the discussion:

Whistleblower says Russian troops fed dog food

"It's embarrassing to say but soldiers here were fed dog food. It was fed to them as stew," Matveyev said in an interview with Reuters, adding that dog food labels were covered up with labels reading 'premium quality beef'.

Grunts everywhere are viewed as dogs by their masters...not suprising in the least to see who really gets affected by the $ grab.

You want fries with that?

ColoradoJens

top topics

join