It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God The Term Contrived By Man. Religion A Fallacy.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

I don't want to feel like an insignificant bug. I'm just saying that we are on the same level of an insignificant bug in reality. The Ants are more widespread on the Earth than even humans.

They have existed for hundreds of millions of years. Get the picture?

Hey and what about this coincidence ?

New Estimate : 2 Billion Alien Earths in Our Galaxy Alone

So the religious still think the Earth is the Centre of the Universe Hrm!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TILTed

Exactly more of reason humanity should free itself of religion and unite to explore the universe together and live together in peace and harmony.

I assume everything, Accept nothing as Factual...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by TILTed

Exactly more of reason humanity should free itself of religion and unite to explore the universe together and live together in peace and harmony.

I assume everything, Accept nothing as Factual...

BINGO! I agree. Would not bother me a BIT to see religion go bye-bye. I prefer reality.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seraphnb

Coincidence! When I look at biology, at the human body, all the "coincidences" around us . . .
I cannot imagine how some people do not believe in a God.

SeraphNB

I have the complete opposite view. When I see all the war, tragedy, destruction, hatred and disease, especially when innocent children are hurt or killed, I cannot imagine how some people actually believe in a god.

We are merely parasites living on a speck of dust floating in an endless space, selfishly taking it for everything its worth. We are mere infants. If we don't change our ways, we'll never get the chance to become toddlers and it won't be through some violent yet "loving" god. It will be through our own destructive, selfish actions.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by TILTed

Exactly just because more people believe in god doesn't add any more credence to its factuality.

I am open to the possibility of God existing and the opposite.

But in my personal opinion i believe god is just a contrived idea of man.

For someone who is open to the idea that god does exist you do seem to already have formed the idea that he doesn't.

You ask me to point out where you said he doesn't exist and there it is. You believe that he is an idea formed by man.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

yes an idea formed by man; but im still open to the possibility of gods existence Understand?

Simple

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

I understand.

One sentence you say he doesn't exist and the next you say that he could exist and then the next you say he doesn't exist.

You asked where you said God doesn't exist and I showed you. If God is just an idea that man came up with then he couldn't exist. Thats the same arguement the spaghetti monster people have when dismissing God.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I agree with you that us Humans are to quick to place blame or praise on external forces. People say that religion was created to control the masses, It wasn't, religion was created to control the individual.

Having-said-that, I do believe in God because I believe in the universe. The universe is god, and we are the universe.

ALS
edit on 24-5-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I never once said god doesn't exist don't take me out of context my good fellow

When i say god is a term contrived by man; this doesn't imply he doesn't exists.

I
edit on 24-5-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

An interesting take on things. You are one of the many who offered their personal take on the matter thank you.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

I'm not taking you out of context. You said "God is just an idea created by man".

Your own words. Its also the same arguement that is used by the spaghetti monster crew to show that god doesn't exist.

How do you think it would be precieved if the pope said God is an idea created by man? But whatever man, I'm tired of people like you. Keep with your double talk, I'm done.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

And i never said GOD DOES NOT EXIST

I just said GOD is an Idea Created by man.

TWO DIFFERENT THINGS>

i still believe that there is a possibility god can exists. Understand!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I too have no problem believing that there is a God. I just don't think that the bible (or religion) is a representative of that God. (That is why I agree with the quote I made earlier - God created Man in his image - so Man returned the favor).

The god in the bible is a jealous, vengeful, angry god (which sure sounds a lot like a man to me). I believe that people give god human characteristics to make themselves feel better. I mean if god can kill people, then it must be okay to kill in his name, right?

My God doesn't kill, probably didn't have much to do with any bible and doesn't bless people with riches or punish people with adverse weather.

And again - it is based on ZERO PROOF... like everyone else's god...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TILTed
I too have no problem believing that there is a God. I just don't think that the bible (or religion) is a representative of that God. (That is why I agree with the quote I made earlier - God created Man in his image - so Man returned the favor).

The god in the bible is a jealous, vengeful, angry god (which sure sounds a lot like a man to me). I believe that people give god human characteristics to make themselves feel better. I mean if god can kill people, then it must be okay to kill in his name, right?

My God doesn't kill, probably didn't have much to do with any bible and doesn't bless people with riches or punish people with adverse weather.

Exactly we have the exact same notion of gods existence if he does in fact exist i believe that God if there is one is not a from a fallacy religion based on this Earth.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Being a Christian Mystic Nondualist .....I would like to present my perspective.

Everything is contrived by man. All things are labeled conceptually using thought and those labels stick. However all of reality, including God, have always been without mans labels.

God is prior to thought, to awareness, and requires a certain amount of inner work to tune into the station and level with which God exists.

Once a person experiences God, there is absolutely no doubt that God exists, although it is not some guy with a beard n a cloud. Its more so an alive like Being of Infinity and Love.
Its very easy to just say, yeah somehow all of this just randomly got here, with the big bang being something that came out of nothing with no purpose or intelligence behind it. However thats just a biased view.

I eventually remembered pre-existing and discussing being born here and my life's work. With that remembrance it became obvious we are all spiritual beings having a human experience. We pass through a veil of forgetfulness and because of that we get all of this atheism and existentialism and all these other branches of philosophy entirely based on the veil of forgetfulness.

Yet we have thousands of people around the world that remember pre-existence, have out of body experiences, near death experiences, mystics, and experiencers of God who tell us all that yes there is a God and an after-life......

........But hardlined materialism based scientific method has become God. Therefore if you can't see it, touch it, smell, hear, etc, it must not exist.

And what's cool is that this experience is prior to thought, prior to the mind therefor it becomes impossible for the the experience of God to be seen as something that is "contrived".

Yet look around .... everything around us is basically labeled by the mind using contrived and agreed upon labels. But the actual and the real is beyond labels and is what it is. Just like a tree exists regardless of what we call it, and has been around before humans, it doesn't need us or what we contrive for it to be.

Same with God. God is what God is, and any label or contrived notion has nothing to do with and pales in comparison to the actual real Infinite God

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

And i never said GOD DOES NOT EXIST

I just said GOD is an Idea Created by man.

TWO DIFFERENT THINGS>

i still believe that there is a possibility god can exists. Understand!

What a TROLL...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
In all fairness I read about three lines and that is all I could handle. If you think it is all by chance than you really dont understand the complexity of life and all it takes to make it happen. Science doesnt have all the answers, in fact, if science is to be truly respected it needs to admit that a creator makes the most sense. That silly razor thing again...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TILTed

Completely agree.

Except I actually do think that the bible is slightly representative of God (or at least my God). I believe that certain parts of the bible is; either mis-read or puposely mis-lead teachings about the Universe.

ALS
edit on 24-5-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Those statistics are not even fallible since no one has been there, and they are only using probabilities to guess there may be that many. Believe what you want, but there will be a day you die, and will ultimately prove your question, why am I here?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seraphnb

When it all comes down to us being here because of coincidence.

Coincidence! When I look at biology, at the human body, all the "coincidences" around us . . .
I cannot imagine how some people do not believe in a God.

SeraphNB

My poor back and bad eyesight say "Nay"...or if I AM made in his/her image then he/she has chronic back pain, bad eyesight and is balding. Sounds just like a vengeful god: "Hey, my hair is falling out, I can't see you properly and my back is giving me grief, so you're going to abide by me or suffer the consequences"!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join