It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA: The Real Mission Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
FEMA: The Real Mission Plan

We all know FEMA. But do we really? We have heard of FEMA. We have heard of they’re horrible support efforts for the hurricane Katrina victims resulting in hundreds if not thousands of deaths.

What is FEMA?
FEMA stands for Federal Emergency Management Agency. FEMA was created on April 1st of 1979. That day Jimmy Carter shifted the responsibility of disaster relief to the new found agency. So what are all of FEMA’S responsibilities? Dam safety under the National Dam Safety Program Act; disaster assistance under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act; earthquake hazards reduction under the Earthquake Hazards Reduction Act of 1977 and further expanded by Executive Order 12699, regarding safety requirements for federal buildings and Executive Order 12941, concerning the need for cost estimates to seismically retrofit federal buildings; emergency food and shelter under the Stewart B. McKinney Homeless Assistance Act of 1987; fire control, under the Federal Fire Prevention and Control Act of 1974; hazardous materials, under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act of 1986; insurance, under the National Flood Insurance Act of 1968; national security, under the National Security Act of 1947, the Defense Production Act of 1950; and various executive orders under presidents Eisenhower, Reagan, H. W. Bush, Clinton, and G.W. Bush. Also, FEMA received authority for counter terrorism through the Nunn-Lugar-Domenici amendment under the Weapons of Mass Destruction Act of 1996, which was a response to the recognized vulnerabilities of the U.S. after the sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway in 1995. Congress funded FEMA through a combination of regular appropriations and emergency funding in response to events.

FEMA has insane power. FEMA has the power to suspend active laws, move entire populations, and arrest people without warrant. FEMA can seize property, food supplies, transportation systems, and can suspend the Constitution. FEMA’s original mission was to assure the survival of the United States government in case of a nuclear attack. FEMA also is in control of the State Defense Forces, which is a civilian army. FEMA’s actual budget has for the most part has actually been used to create facilities, mostly underground, to ensure the survivability of our government in case of a major emergency. Now I will list a few of the Executive Orders, which oversee any past bill or document, allowing FEMA to basically control the entire country.
• EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.
• EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.
• EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.
• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.
• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.
• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.
• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.
• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.
• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.
• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.
• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
FEMA Takeover

If the president declares Martial Law, which he has the authority to do especially since the Crime Bills have been enacted, FEMA would effectively takeover. Congress would not be able to even review the declaration of Martial Law until six months after it is enacted. FEMA has internment camps, which is where whoever they wanted to arrest, would be taken.

FEMA’s Response To Natural Disaster

• For being America’s only agency dedicated to disaster relief, the job it does sure is lousy. 250,000 people across America were left homeless due to Hurricane Andrew. FEMA’s response was widely criticized and reviewed by the National Academy of Public Administration which pointed out several causes of they’re failed response. During the September 11th attacks FEMA was rewarded 5.5 billion dollars to “disperse” funds to state and other local aid services. They were also allotted funds for its own recovery efforts. In 2004 hurricanes hit Southern Florida and these two excerpts from the newspaper Sun-Sentinel sum up FEMA’s response.
“When Hurricane Frances hit South Florida on Labor Day weekend (over 100 miles north of Miami-Dade County), 9,800 Miami-Dade applicants were approved by FEMA for $28 million in storm claims for new furniture; clothes; thousands of new televisions, microwaves and refrigerators; cars; dental bills; and a funeral even though the Medical Examiner recorded no deaths from Frances. A U.S. Senate committee and the inspector general of the Department of Homeland Security found that FEMA inappropriately declared Miami-Dade County a disaster area and then awarded millions, often without verifying storm damage or a need for assistance.
FEMA used hurricane aid money to pay funeral expenses for at least 203 Floridians whose deaths were not caused by the 2004 Hurricanes, the state's coroners have concluded. Ten of the people whose funerals were paid for were not even in Florida at the time of their deaths.” –Sun Sentinel Newspaper

Hurricane Katrina was a devastating disaster.
In July 2007, ice that had been ordered for Katrina victims and never used and had been kept in storage facilities at a cost of $12.5 million was melted down.
In June 2008, a CNN investigation found that FEMA gave away about $85 million in household goods meant for Hurricane Katrina victims, to 16 other states.
According to the U.S. House of Representatives Select Bipartisan Committee to Investigate the Preparation for and Response to Hurricane Katrina:
"The Secretary Department of Homeland Security should have designated the Principal Federal Official on Saturday, two days prior to landfall, from the roster of PFOs who had successfully completed the required training, unlike then FEMA Director Michael Brown. Considerable confusion was caused by the Secretary’s PFO decisions."
"DHS and FEMA lacked adequate trained and experienced staff for the Katrina response."
"The readiness of FEMA’s national emergency response teams was inadequate and reduced the effectiveness of the federal response."
"Long-standing weaknesses and the magnitude of the disaster overwhelmed FEMA’s ability to provide emergency shelter and temporary housing."
"FEMA logistics and contracting systems did not support a targeted, massive, and sustained provision of commodities."
"Before Katrina, FEMA suffered from a lack of sufficiently trained procurement professionals."
FEMA has also came under attack for they’re poor responses to the 2006 Buffalo snowstorm, and the Arkansas tornadoes.

Next is an excerpt from Wikinews.
Friday, October 26, 2007

The United States Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is under fire after the agency held a fake press conference with fake news reporters in regards to individuals affected by the California wildfires and the assistance they could receive.
The agency called a press conference on Tuesday, giving the press only 15 minutes to show up. When many did not, FEMA brought in agency officials to pose as fake reporters and ask questions. The option for reporters to call into the conference was also available, but the ones who did call in only got to listen to the press conference, and could not ask questions. No reporters were actually present during the conference, parts of which were carried live on Fox News and MSNBC.
During the briefing, FEMA employees asked Deputy Administrator Harvey Johnson a series of what The New York Times called "decidedly friendly questions" such as "What type of commodities are you pledging to California?", "What lessons learned from Katrina have been applied?" and "Are you happy with FEMA's response so far?". The briefing followed the format of a press conference, with FEMA's press secretary at one point cautioning that he would allow just "two more questions", then calling later for a "last question". Officials who posed as fake reporters included the deputy director of public affairs Cindy Taylor and Director of External Affairs John "Pat" Philbin.

So, to say the least FEMA is pretty shady. What do you think guys?

edit on 24-5-2011 by Se7enex because: edits

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

Thanks for posting this...very informational and scary!
They can pretty much do whatever they want, whenever they want.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

If the president declares Martial Law, which he has the authority to do especially since the Crime Bills have been enacted, FEMA would effectively takeover. Congress would not be able to even review the declaration of Martial Law until six months after it is enacted

I'm not exactly sure that is correct. Yes the president can declare Martial law. The part you mentioned about congress not being able to review it for 6 months is talking about I believe isn't talking about Martial Law directly, it's talking about the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007"

The National Guard is an exception, since unless federalized, they are under the control of state governors.[14] This was changed briefly: Public Law 109-364, or the "John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007" (H.R.5122), was signed by President Bush on October 17, 2006, and allowed the President to declare a "public emergency" and station troops anywhere in America and take control of state-based National Guard units without the consent of the governor or local authorities. Title V, Subtitle B, Part II, Section 525(a) of the JWDAA of 2007 reads "The [military] Secretary [of the Army, Navy or Air Force] concerned may order a member of a reserve component under the Secretary's jurisdiction to active duty...The training or duty ordered to be performed...may include...support of operations or missions undertaken by the member's unit at the request of the President or Secretary of Defense."[15] The President signed the Defense Authorization Act of 2008 on January 13, 2008. However, Section 1068 in the enacted 2008 defense authorization bill (H.R. 4986: "National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008") repealed this section of PL 109-364.[16]

source

This Bush created power allows the president to unilaterally declare any type of emergency he wants, and to circumvent congress and even state officials to put troops on the ground.

It's basically allowing him to declare martial law, without ACTUALLY declaring martial law. Martial law means military runs the country as the courts and police are no longer in control. I believe for martial law they still need congressional approval.

When the president declares an "emergency" the continuity of government plans go into effect, and this is where the rest of government is completely shut out. In fact, they aren't even allow to SEE the plan.

If I was in the US I wouldn't be very worried about FEMA at all, they can't effectively do anything, so a large scale round up of dissidents is probably not their forte.

Anyways, great post, plenty of information all clumped together and readable, well done!
edit on 24-5-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

I wonder if Mike Brown (former head of FEMA) is back working with horses like he was before being crowned as the head of FEMA??

Anyone heard about good ol Brownie recently??

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yes indeed, good job! I hope you don't mind if I save this page for personal reference. I'm also happy to see such a young person seriously concerned with the state of the union. Thanks again!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Excellent and informative post Se7enex

FEMA has been given powers over everything and anything in the US during proclaimed emergency situations. As others will point out the problem is we have been in a continuous "state of emergency" at least since 9/11/01 and perhaps as long as 150 years going back to Congress adjourning Sine Die prior to the beginning of the US Civil War (depending on your historical/conspiracy viewpoint).

In my thread here I document the state of emergency since 9/11 - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Continuity of government is all they are concerned about and is all FEMA was ever about. A bit like dressing up a cartoon character before going on a serial murder spree. Keep looking deeper and it just gets uglier. Until America can shed itself of this shadow government there will never be a government of the People, by the People, for the People.

Good work!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thank you very much!

Its really hard to find people these days that actually care about the forces that be, the people behind the curtain. Most people pass me off as some crazy conspiracy theorist but my views are all backed by evidence.

We need to just sweep it clean, maybe have a amount of people that make the decisions, kind of like how Greece was. At least that's what I personally think would work

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. -Abraham Lincoln

edit on 25-5-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I have to disagree. I personally believe they CAN do pretty much anything they want. Not too mention the half a million plastic coffins FEMA has in Georgia. It doesn't really matter what the documents say anymore. Our government have done things in the past what? 40 years? that totally destroy the constitution and the amendments. Unfortunately the sword has become mightier then the pen and if the president wanted to declare martial law, especially if mass riots or massive disasters(happening now) were taking place. He could make up a stupid reason why he couldn't consult congress. This is all just speculation but its pretty scary, possible stuff.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

A lot of the fear mongering associated with FEMA has been debunked, no need to worry about camps or those silly "coffins", have a read here. A lot of those powers given to FEMA sound scary, but in the event of a nation wide emergency, you'll probably be glad that you will be able to turn on the T.V. and get information directly from FEMA on how to get water, food, etc.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

Come on now, that post is far too rational for a conspiracy website. Can't you at least throw in a HAARP reference or maybe decry a birth certificate or something?

To the OP, I love that Justin Bieber pic in your avatar!

And re Fema, I tend to take the view of adeclerk (despite my ribbing above!).

edit on 25-5-2011 by BiggyMcBigPants because: spelling

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

Wow you can make fun of what i look like. Arent you a big man?

And i dont really see how i look ANYTHING like him. Care to elaborate? Maybe if youd like we could discuss my likeness to famous wealthy popular celebrities or we could talk about the actual subject matter. Js.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

Didnt really see it debunking anything at all besides possibly the exec. Orders. Not too mention the video itself debunking the coffins actual got debunked itself. Lol!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I have to disagree. I personally believe they CAN do pretty much anything they want. Not too mention the half a million plastic coffins FEMA has in Georgia. It doesn't really matter what the documents say anymore. Our government have done things in the past what? 40 years? that totally destroy the constitution and the amendments. Unfortunately the sword has become mightier then the pen and if the president wanted to declare martial law, especially if mass riots or massive disasters(happening now) were taking place. He could make up a stupid reason why he couldn't consult congress. This is all just speculation but its pretty scary, possible stuff.

That's exactly why I've been under the impression (for awhile now) that everything that is happening has been happening because of careful planning and influence. To be specific, a few years ago I found myself hating this government (living in the US) and wanting a revolution to take place. Then, when the riots in Egypt started last year, I was hoping it would come here to America.. that people would finally say enough is enough.

Then it kind of hit me.. Something seemed wrong. The economy is falling hard, which is obvious. Then officials would come out and say that everything is 'fine' - first with Japan, then with the Economy, along with everything else. I knew they were bull#ting, and that's when it hit me..

They want economic collapse. They want riots. They want a revolution.

It's been boiling up inside us for so long, it's about to burst. America's had enough, they want to overthrow the government - and when the riots and civil disobedience begins, they have all their systems in place to begin martial law, and to lock down this country hard, all in the name of safety, and the protection and benefit of our "well-being."

You know, to save us from terrorists and extremists and radicals.

Those that have been living a carefree life and not knowing what the govt has been up to will be confused and in panic when everything comes crashing down, and bread costs them a day's paycheck, etc.. they'll listen to FEMA and find out who the enemies are, such as..

Those who protested the government actions and participated in the riots and revolution, who would fall right into their trap of instigating martial law. They'll be the ones who are still willing to fight, and they're the ones who will be deemed 'terrorists'

...or I could just be talking out of my ass.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

It's a Mad World.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

FEMA is a paper tiger that's power rests on the American citizenry's stupidity. Executive orders= Managers orders. They can only be used to tell Federal Agencies how to engage upon their lawful responsibilities. It is just that the last few president's tried to use executive orders like decrees(and should be retroactively impeached and tried for treason).

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

If martial law is ever declared though those execs. would be fully exercised by FEMA and the Coast Guard/Reserve would dissolve into the "emergency relief" agency. Those would be very bad times.

top topics

join