It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three weeks without a smoke...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TILTed
After 30 years, pack-a-day, I am sitting here, "vaping" my e-cig, INSIDE. Three months + no tobacco.

e-Cig WAY more healthy alternative, tastes better, doesn't stink, endless number of "flavors". Worth a look - does take some getting used to. And yes, the "runs" are possible for those who aren't used to the e-Cig liquid. Those people may opt for a Vegetable Glycerine based liquid as opposed to the Propylene Glycol based liquids generally sold.

All in all I am glad I was able to switch. No more standing in the cold or rain to have a puff.

Standing in the rain or cold was the best part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 25-5-2011 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
Standing in the rain or cold was the best part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a while I almost felt like I couldn't enjoy my eCig unless I was standing at the back door of the house! I got over that part quickly.

After all my friends got their laughs out of the way, many have now come to me for info on buying eCigs... heh heh.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm sending positive thoughts your way!

Been a nicotine addict for 25 years now. I quit when I got pregnant 12 years ago. Cold turkey. No sweat.

As soon as I had brought the baby home my, so called, friend showed up and offered me a smoke. That's all she wrote. All it took was one and I was hooked again. Been smoking a pack a day since then.

My Doc. told me that she has seen alot of people quit using SNUS smokeless tobacco. She told me to throw away all smoking paraphernalia and start using the SNUS packets to get over the hand to mouth habit and then ween myself off of the nicotine. I am going to start tomorrow. I am sick of being a slave to cigs.

Hope you are successful!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You are a braver person then me, I have tried to quit several times and have failed every time. Just gave up giving up, but more power to you keep at it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I am a firm believer that nicotine is a beneficial substance for your brain and CNS. It is the delivery through smoking cigs that is not kosher. I don't think anyone should demonize cigs - like the govt and most ignorant people out there. Its not the nicotine, but the delivery method with smoke and other chems that are not good for you. I will probably try the e-cigs, gum, or snuff - I have thought about snuff or packs that yuu place in your mouth. Don't care for raw chew, as that can get nasty...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I've tried a few times, the closest I got was down to 2 in the late evening.
Just remember it's completely normal that you will get a nasty irritating cough for a while, that just your lungs getting rid of all the remaining tar.

I want to quit but I have a habit that I don't want to quit and they kind of go hand-in-hand for me.

My mother was a forty a day smoker until she payed 250 pounds for a proceedure which involve holding 2 copper balls and having electordes put on her head, it apparently flushes all the nicotine out of your system so you can quit without the cravings. 40 a day over 20-30 years to nothing.

Good luck and remember, your not saving money unless you actually put it to one side somewere.
edit on 25-5-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join