It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best documentary ever made on Area 51 gets aired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
THE BEST DOCUMENTARY EVER MADE ON AREA 51 - and the puzzling questions

Annie Jacobsen, LA Times investigative journalist on national security issues, was a consulting producer of this amazing TV documentary (National Geographic Special) which was aired for the first time on May 22, 2011:

AREA 51 DECLASSIFIED:

www.youtube.com...

Although Annie Jacobsen repeats all this in more details in her new book AREA 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base, her book has become quite controversial because of her puzzling inclusion of a preposterous, outlandish claim made by one of her interviewees in the last few pages of the contents of this 523-page book.

The puzzling questions are:

1) Why was this ludicrous item included in her book? Was it done so that the reviewers would focus only on this weird item to make it purposely controversial to sensationalize this book?

2) Was this an intentional disinformation on the part of the interviewee or the author herself?

3) Or was it some form of a compromise to which she agreed?

4) Was this TV special aired to coincide with the publication of her book?

No one will ever know.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fastriver

S&F
Thanks for that I don't think I know that one.
Will watch it and form my opinion.

Thanks,
OnlyLove

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

well wouldn't you, ya know... like to... ya know... share what that outlandish claim was?

might make sense

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadlyrhythm

well wouldn't you, ya know... like to... ya know... share what that outlandish claim was?

might make sense

Sounds like a pitch to sell the book...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Is this the "outlandish claim"?

Midget pilots developed using human experiments by Josepf Mengele.

ROSWELL, N.M. — A new book says the Roswell "incident" was no UFO but rather a Russian craft with "grotesque, child-size aviators" developed in human experiments by Nazi doctor and war criminal Josef Mengele. That latest theory is floated by investigative journalist Annie Jacobsen in a work entitled "Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base." It's about the secretive Nevada base called Area 51. One chapter gives the new Roswell theory, citing an anonymous source who says Joseph Stalin recruited Mengele and sent the craft into U.S. airspace in 1947 to spark public hysteria. Julie Schuster with the International UFO Museum and Research Center in Roswell says she hasn't read the book. But she says any new theories fuel public interest, and that's terrific.
trekbbs.com...

and

Credulity is strained on the "shocking revelation" that is being used as the primary source of promoting this book. And the author is everywhere promoting this book on radio and TV revealing the shocking ending without hesitation because it is good advertising.
First, Stalin and the Nazis despised each other nearly beyond comprehension. Each used prisoners of the other as forced labor, slaves essentially. Mengele it is well documented lived out his life after escaping to South America after the war.

If Stalin had captured him he would have been forced to perform experiments for him, but never allowed to leave. When he outlived his usefulness he would have been murdered like the Soviets did to so many of their own people at the time and most definitely Nazi prisoners, returning the "favor" the Nazis did to most Soviet prisoners. Second, if it was genetic alteration for this supposed Stalinist plan and the "pilots" were teenage or older humans in 1947, Mengele would have had to been working for Stalin years earlier while he was working in Nazi Germany even before the war. Clearly not plausible.

Third, clearly if the Soviets were responsible for the "Roswell Incident" they weren't happy with the results because it never happened again. Actually, in 1947 the Soviets were struggling desperately still to catch up to the US and the west on aviation technology in certain areas. The idea that they had such an advanced circular aircraft that flew from the USSR to the US is ludicrous.

Their bombers at the time, the conventional ones, were not a serious threat to the US mainland. Then there's the complete lack of evidence. A few elements of the story are plausible, yes the US has engaged in some shameful activities that were secret, but that doesn't make any of the more outlandish technological or historical aspects of this plausible and with no evidence to back them up it's just another story. Don't confuse entertainment with history.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and there's none here. That doesn't mean the earlier parts of the book aren't well researched or that all of this can't be fun to read, but that does not validate the final "shocking" chapter of this book as truth.
www.amazon.com...

lol, Not a book I would buy.
but if I can find it for free as I usually can, I'll hook you guys up. lol

edit: www.demonoid.me...

edit on 24-5-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Pretty good. Enjoyed that. Plane crashing sounds a right pain in the ass.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Enjoyed it. (BTW: Three parts). Nothing really revealed that we all didn't already know, so all secrets safe. Still nice to hear those old guys talk about their mission. Don't know how long it will remain on YouTube as I would gues Natgeo will pull it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
lol, Not a book I would buy.
but if I can find it for free as I usually can, I'll hook you guys up. lol

edit: www.demonoid.me...

NICE! I've been looking for a torrent for that.

And on that note, here is a link to a torrent for this documentary, in HD.
I've downloaded it, and the video and audio quality is superb:
www.kat.ph...

top topics

join