It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trust Issues: How many lies are too many?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

Everyone this was a great thread. Every Post was right on the money. Peace to all.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Because it takes one to know one. Its called humanity or the lack thereof. We just rate our lies, give them value so to speak, and then enter them into a mathematical equation and solve for 0...or 1. Anyway thats what this liar does. Just live for the day and try to stay in the black.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It's true that everyone lies, but seeing how some people can do it so effortlessly, I'm beginning to wonder if there is some genetic component involved. Like some kind of survival mechanism built in. Sure, you can argue that it is learned behavior from parents or environment. But maybe there are "lying" genes as well as "honesty" genes. We have genes for just about everything else that's been discovered so far. Even animals can lie, to get that extra snack.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Doubtless it's institutional. People lie because it is easier than it would be for them to admit that they are actually quite unsavoury. Group esteem comes into it- one trick in order to reinforce a lie (for example an infidelity) is to get as many people behind the lie as possible, to dilute the truth as it were. "They would never do that!" they say. But you know better- because they did.. TO YOU! Ever notice how when you reveal you hold a lynchpin which, on removal, threatens to bring down the entire structure of peoples' lies, they react vehemently and angrily (right from angry multiple text messages to governments murdering people who threaten to unravel THEIR lies)?. In social situations I love maintaining my composure at those points. Because I KNOW I KNOW THE TRUTH. No amount of angry bull# is going to persuade me otherwise. In fact, if at all possible, I thoroughly recommend making sure your facts are well and truly straight and then going in to such situations with the express intent of creating havoc with the truth. Work, education, bars- wherever you see a lie. Be a social terrorist. Expose as many lies as you can. Have photographic evidence. Sow the seeds of doubt in the minds of the liars, make them doubt themselves- in short, do what they try to do with lies, but use truth as your weapon. As lying is a self-destuctive thing anyway, a tapestry just waiting to be unravelled in the minds of most of the human race, there really is no more entertaining a passtime than destroying its proponents. Add to this the bonus of knowing you have helped them escape the delusional psychosis that is the human condition. It helps if you can hold your own in a fight, mind- there's nothing quite like the collapse of a false worldview to drive a human to violence. IMHO, people would still be in massive denial if the monetary system collapsed, tent cities sprung up all over the US, their governments were all fighting illegal wars, statistically more divorces were occuring than at any time in history, the planet were overpopulated, their religions were wrong, popular culture had descended into the very bowels of banality and- actually, hang on...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You all are saying "A lie is totally evil" but I say, a lie is merely a tool. What if you hid your children under the floorboards, while a swat team showed up and said, "We have mandatory orders to chip all children, do you have them here?" This kind of nightmare scenario is not too far beyond reach, the way things are going. If you feel Alex Jones is lying to you about the TSA, then go through their security gauntlet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join