It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Made Predictions and then Claims it is the bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I am sorry if this is in the wrong place if it is would some one be so kind as to move it to the correct place thank you and I am sorry again if I messed up.

I find things and people so stupid I mean men makes up these crazy predictions the swears up and down that it is in the bible.

Show it to me and make me believe that it is there and not just some thing that you think sounds good. Churches as well as just normal people takes what they want out of the bible and turns it around to suit their purpose. Lets just take the Bible for what it says and not turn it around or any thing of the such

I read some thing the other day that the word of God has been closed to us and now he has open up his words for us to understand him the end of time is shown to us.

I think that is plan STUPID beyond all. The word of God has always been there for us to read and if we chose to understand it which we will never understand it all then that is when we have accepted God in our hearts and chose his path to walk.

I have even been told that if we do question the bible in any way then we will go to hell Guess What I am going to Hell I guess if that is true.

What I would like to know is those who has read the bible and knows that it says That not even the angels in Heaven knows the day or time it all shall end why do they believe in this false predictions and some even goes to ex-streams and kills themselves and that is a sure fire way to go to hell. Why are people so afraid of the end we all know that it is going to happen sooner or later and there is nothing that we can do about it. We can not prevent it we can not tell you when it is all going to go down there are some that can see the future and what is in store that is showing the end is coming closer and closer to us.

I just read that Joplin tornado is what it will be like for us when end of days hits us that is so off course that it is funny it will be unlike any thing that we have ever seen nothing that has ever happen will compare.

I say this we do not know the time nor never will I do know that we are coming to an end but Lets just tell all of these fakes to bug off and we will be prepared to listen to the Real Prophets Christ himself returns to take the ones he has chosen with him lets just live our life to the fullest and make what ever we can out of it until the time has come

edit on 5/24/11 by Queenicess because: dupicate text

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Queenicess

I think that is plan STUPID beyond all. The word of God has always been there for us to read and if we chose to understand it which we will never understand it all then that is when we have accepted God in our hearts and chose his path to walk.

Yep i agree with you there, you just have to look for it.. he never went anywhere, you just have to knock on the door.

I have even been told that if we do question the bible in any way then we will go to hell Guess What I am going to Hell I guess if that is true.

Well if to question is to go to hell, ill see you there as well

Great post

PS love your avatar.
edit on 24-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Fear is the greatest catalyst to madness, and there is no greater fear than the unknown, and no greater unknown than death.
Death is the one thing that most people would like to know how to predict, but its the one thing that, if you knew when and how it would happen, you'd wish you didn't.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

I have begun questioning the bible as well BUT maybe not like some people. The words are so cryptic they could mean more than one thing. Revelations is very hard to understand so one persons thoughts may be very different to others.

Something tells me that the more we study the true meanings by watching everything happening in the world today, we can understand verses that we once struggled with.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

yes the bible is open to interpretation, some say it isnt.. but that's there interpretation

dont forget to look at other roads other religions , as the mountain we climb is covered in them , and you have to find the road that you feel comfortable with.
there is no right way or wrong way.. there is just "the way"
Only you can know where your going and why..
Blessed be.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buford2
reply to post by sprocket2cog

I have begun questioning the bible as well BUT maybe not like some people. The words are so cryptic they could mean more than one thing. Revelations is very hard to understand so one persons thoughts may be very different to others.

Something tells me that the more we study the true meanings by watching everything happening in the world today, we can understand verses that we once struggled with.

This is very true we will be able to comprehend them some what better but still will not get the full meaning of it all but enough to get us through

I have been questioning the Bible from the time I was a young lass

Even though there are so many different religions they all have simile things with in them and all of them tells of the end most of them have the same out come,

many thinks that the Bible says in Revelations that there will only be 144000 people taken up to heaven is this true or not

These 144000 souls are to be left behind to save the remaining people and bring them to God now I may have over looked some thing but I do not see it. If some one could help out that some what it would be great. But is this just another thing that people are changing around or what and if there are only 144000 souls to go to heaven then we might as well stop living a good life and live evil for we know that with the billions of people that is on this earth you know that he has already gotten his 144000 souls picked out.

The 144,000 are the bonds men of Christ. Essential they will be left behind, sealed, and protected from harm to give the non-believers another chance and to judge them(To bail them out if they so choose). However, if you continue reading rev chapter 7:9 it goes on to say:

After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from (N)every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing (O)before the throne and (P)before the Lamb, clothed in (Q)white robes, and (R)palm branches were in their hands;

10and they cry out with a loud voice, saying, "(S)Salvation to our God (T)who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

11And all the angels were standing (U)around the throne and around (V)the elders and the (W)four living creatures; and they (X)fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,

12saying, "(Y)Amen, (Z)blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever (AA)Amen."

13Then one of the elders (AB)answered, saying to me, "These who are clothed in the (AC)white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?" 14I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the (AD)great tribulation, and they have (AE)washed their robes and made them (AF)white in the (AG)blood of the Lamb.

Read more: Is it true that only 144,000 people will go to heaven. If so, why and where did they obtain that idea?

Very funny thing I just read is that when the end of days come near then people will turn the word of God around and make it into what they want it to say

People has been doing this from the get go Soooo Hello this is Hog wash just my thoughts on that

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place if it is would some one be so kind as to move it to the correct place thank you and I am sorry again if I messed up.

I find things and people so stupid I mean men makes up these crazy predictions the swears up and down that it is in the bible.

Show it to me and make me believe that it is there and not just some thing that you think sounds good. Churches as well as just normal people takes what they want out of the bible and turns it around to suit their purpose. Lets just take the Bible for what it says and not turn it around or any thing of the such

I read some thing the other day that the word of God has been closed to us and now he has open up his words for us to understand him the end of time is shown to us.

What I would like to know is those who has read the bible and knows that it says That not even the angels in Heaven knows the day or time it all shall end why do they believe in this false predictions and some even goes to ex-streams and kills themselves and that is a sure fire way to go to hell. Why are people so afraid of the end we all know that it is going to happen sooner or later and there is nothing that we can do about it. We can not prevent it we can not tell you when it is all going to go down there are some that can see the future and what is in store that is showing the end is coming closer and closer to us.

I just read that Joplin tornado is what it will be like for us when end of days hits us that is so off course that it is funny it will be unlike any thing that we have ever seen nothing that has ever happen will compare.

I say this we do not know the time nor never will I do know that we are coming to an end but Lets just tell all of these fakes to bug off and we will be prepared to listen to the Real Prophets Christ himself returns to take the ones he has chosen with him lets just live our life to the fullest and make what ever we can out of it until the time has come

hmmm..you sure come across as some kind of expert on how the bible works..and what gives you the key to "knowing" who the "real" prophets are?

That little light in your pubic region?.....or maybe thats there so Jesus can see you when he comes back to get you.

For a bible toting member ,who seems to prophess that you have some kind of wisdom other christians don't...you should consider changing your avatar.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

hmmm..you sure come across as some kind of expert on how the bible works..and what gives you the key to "knowing" who the "real" prophets are?

That little light in your pubic region?.....or maybe thats there so Jesus can see you when he comes back to get you.

For a bible toting member ,who seems to prophess that you have some kind of wisdom other christians don't...you should consider changing your avatar.

Hello there Gabby I really think that you need to re-read my post again for in no way am I saying how the bible works if I am please point out what part of my words indicate that?

For a bible toting member- what in the world I am in no way that I am a religious person to a point but I do not shove it down others throats I question every thing in this world.

And as for me changing my Avatar or that you mention any thing of the sort of which and how you mention it is just plain stupid I know I will not be one of the ones that goes back heaven with Jesus Hell I have not even Baptized but I am still a child of God.

Also where do I say or even give the thought that I have wisdom that no other Christians has and how do you even know that I am a Christians I could be a fruit Jar Baptist for all you know now you ponder on that one for while
While I bask in the sun and let it shine on my thighs and pubic area and if you want to know about how I roll around here Little Gabby maybe you should go here and read my intro along your way

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Queenicess

well..lil queenie..lol maybe you should read your thread,because it sounded like you were saying that you were a lot smarter than many.

I apologize for assuming you were a christian though..so I guess you're not being hypocritical with the avatar.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
if any one else shares this thought please do let me know for this was not my intentions at all what is others opinions on this.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Queenicess

I have a name for this, I call it 'cookie cutter' theology...
...theologically it is called eisogesis.

It is what most religious groups do, they take an idea...
...then find support for it in the biblical manuscripts.

The whole idea of a 'rapture' was developed this way...
...so it is no surprise that the time-setting behaviour of Harold Camping came the same way.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I read that God maybe telling these people these false things to us well I say why would God be telling people these people these things when we are warned not to believe them and to stay away. But even the Devout Christians believes these these thing and will commit suiside and so on., WHY

I do not wish to go into any details but I know that you nor I will be alive when the end comes to the end of the line but I do know that either our Kids or Our grand kid will see this We the older ones aready sees the ending coming to an end but not yet.

These Ole' earth will still be turning even after we are gone and it is said in the Bible that what once was will be agian and we have seen proof of that time and time again have we not. I mean just for a quick exsample the Battery and the Light and so on there are so many things even Toliets and working Warter like what we have today

We really need to think about these things.

Thos world may even hold life after us. It has before we came along even the bible stats that if you read it and understand it

Not meaning once again to offend any one. just take my words in thoughts it is food for the brain,.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
i do not know why someone claim some prediction even if they know it may not happen,and the result proved their mistake.i think most prediction is fake,but is it possible that some one's prediction changed the history?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by numberhere
i do not know why someone claim some prediction even if they know it may not happen,and the result proved their mistake.i think most prediction is fake,but is it possible that some one's prediction changed the history?

The history of man kind I believe is always changed in its course with the things that are done. I mean these predictions causes people to go to ex steams and kills themselves now if that prediction was not made and they did not believe in it then they would not have killed themselves and their kids would still have their parents that right there alone has changed their history there for will for it will change that whole family family's history in the future.
I am sure that there are many other ways that things of the such changes history in other ways as well. You have brought a good thing up here numberhere I hope that I have made sense here some wheres along the way

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think that is sound advice to not get worked up over misrepresented scripture, but what if all scripture is misrepresented?

We are told that 144,000 will be taken into the Kingdom in Heaven, to become the force that ultimately destroys the AntiChrist; of course, with the "Return of Christ" as their Lord, they are the Army of Christ.

They are men! They are virgins (of "what" might be questionable)! They will ultimately play an important role in the re-establishment of "Heaven on Earth", as Lords.

You see, the Heavens above us is not Heaven, but who is to say that Heaven is not the Heavens?

The Kingdom actually has dimensions, size, and shape spoken of within the Bible.

Who is to say that the Kingdom isn't a City? An interstellar City? A ship perhaps!

I think the OP is right, living life to the fullest is important, but soon I do believe we will all have something more important on our minds! Especially given the fact that a "Kingdom" could also be a Comet!

new topics

top topics

join