posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
Some interesting things happened on this date.
• Texan officials to appeal against a court ruling that they had no right to seize 463 children from a polygamist sect last month.
• Rachel Wright gets a glimpse inside a community promising the ideal society, in southern India.
• Canadian police are baffled by the discovery of a human foot on a beach - the fourth in eight months.
• A top Taliban commander in Pakistan says his forces stand by a ceasefire agreement, despite recent bomb attacks.
• The Indonesian government raises fuel prices by nearly 30%, prompting fears of widespread unrest.
• China has criticised Gordon Brown for taking part in talks with Tibet's exiled leader, the Dalai Lama.
• The leader of Pakistan's main party proposes amending the constitution to reduce the powers of the president.
• Communist party members in Russia call for the new Indiana Jones film to be banned for "distorting history".
• A fire at an arms depot in north Russia reportedly sets off several missiles but causes no injuries.
• A former vice-president of the DR Congo, Jean-Pierre Bemba, is arrested in Belgium on charges of war crimes.