It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Republican Low...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well, I'm glad to see the republicans are still up to no good. Now it appears they are considering 2 canidates to replace Jack Ryan on their fall ticket. Thats great! Only problem is, that they are both black. Note- this is who will run against Barack Obama. How convienent. Now please don't get me wrong, as I am all for any person of any color or creed to run for office. To me, its all about the best man for the job.

That being said, here is the problem. The repubicans are a mostly (lol) white party. I live in the suburbs of chicago, and have heard Obama's name for quite some time. Who are the republcans offering? Alan Keyes.
Yes, I said, Alan Keyes. For those who dont remember- He was a little itty-bitty blip on the radar in the last election. And it gets better. He doesnt live in Illinois. He lives in Maryland.....But as long as he is a registered citizen in Illinois by Nov 2, he can run. Also put out there is another canidate who at first seems ok, untill you read about the sexual references SHE made with a kalidiescope. Got in some hot water for that one ! Its all in this article.

Now listen up you dunder-headed republicans. What I'm about to say is for your own good. Here it is : THINK BEFORE YOUR SPEAK!. There...remember that. That being said :

"These two were selected because of their strengths, not because of their color," said state Sen. Dave Syverson, a member of the Republican State Central Committee.
These 2 are the best they can come up with? A non resident, and A woman who was almost fired for turning a kalidescope into a phallic object?

"You don't intentionally put up a person just to try to counterbalance" a black opponent, Syverson said.
Unless your the republicans in Illinois and cant find one black republican...lol

So to all the people still loyal to Bush and his party, let me ask you a question. Why is there such a low number of blacks in your party. How did you manage to alienate, pretty much an entire race of people? Was is it the same way you've managed to alienate our country from the rest of the world?

This article is just about the 2 canidates they have put up. Its not some hack site, or biased organization. Its just the plain ol truth. But read it. Its quick and will open your eyes to just how bad of shape your party is in, and how low it is going to go...Its really sad..

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040804/ap_on_el_se/illinois_senate

read it and let me hear something back...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Colin...Rice...Clarence Thomas....all black...first boths in their fields....BY REPUBLICANS....stop the smear campain...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
just to clarify, clarence thomas isn't the first black supreme court justice. i think thurgood marshall was.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Youre right...I take that back...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Lets get codi out she is after all just like the bush family without the pigment an oilwoman for oil by oil since the reagan administration.

Now what can I said this is politics and for the new candidates against Obama they don't stand a chance, I think Obama has a good feature and people like him, beside he is a good looking young man.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
She's still Black and still in the govt...cant count her out...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
Why is there such a low number of blacks in your party. How did you manage to alienate, pretty much an entire race of people? Was is it the same way you've managed to alienate our country from the rest of the world?

just how bad of shape your party is in, and how low it is going to go...Its really sad..
\

Did you take your meds this morning?

I see the Blacks have been aided tremedously by the promises of the Democratic Party. Yeah right. The democrats have been promising to "fix" poverty, homelessness, and who knows what else for years. Give me a break. Guess that's why Cosby had such nice things to say:

worldnetdaily.com...

Yeah, truth is, as long as minorities expect the Democrats to save them, I presume the same rhetoric will be heard year after year.

And yes, the Republicans are in bad shape, what with the White House, the Senate, the House, and EVEN THE GOVERNERSHIP OF THE GREAT STATE OF CALIFORNIA, things are really showing a democratic tilt in America.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Yes she is but guess what she earned the position she has in bush government by working for the bush family.
After all she is a business partner. You should read the Bushwomen by Laura Flonders It tells how all the women that bush surrounded himself with came from.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Oh, and I nearly forgot, should he choose, Alan Keyes would be a most formidable opponent for Mr. Obama. Matter of fact, if Dr. Keyes decides to run, he may very well just plain old flat out win

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wow!

Venom and rancor and it's only August 4.

Do all liberals have a hatred of anything conservative/Republican that verges on manic or is it just me?

People, this is a state level election that in the big picture will mean nothing. A democrat or republican? Two sides of the same coin.

The country will survive. There are all good men and women that will do the best they can. Just because they are a Republican doesn't mean they have 666 anywhere on their body. A Democrat won't make it to office and find the cure to AIDS and peace in the Middle East.

PERSPECTIVE.

df1

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Colin...Rice...Clarence Thomas....all black...first boths in their fields....BY REPUBLICANS....stop the smear campain...

Oh please... "Uncle Tom" Powell, Condi "I dunno" Rice and Clarence "sex harassment" Thomas. I can't stop laughing

"Uncle Tom" will mouth anything his master tells him, even if its not true. "I dunno" will deny anything she knows on command. And "sex harassment" hasn't asked a question since arriving at SCOTUS. You wanna see a smear campaign? Run any of these jokers for office.

Now to our prospective candidates
Alan Keyes- Paid himself $100,000 per year out of campaign funds and still owes money for his 1992 senate campaign, denies responsibility.
RealChange.org

Andrea Grubb Barthwell- A potential Republican candidate for the Senate seat from Illinois -- where the party's nominee withdrew over sex club allegations -- engaged in "lewd and abusive behavior" while she served as a top official in the White House drug policy office, an internal inquiry found last year.
In front of her staff, Andrea Grubb Barthwell made repeated comments about the sexual orientation of a staff member and used a kaleidoscope to make sexually offensive gestures, according to the findings of a March 19, 2003, "hostile workplace memorandum" prepared by drug policy office staff. The Associated Press obtained the memorandum.

In an interview Wednesday with the AP, Barthwell said the memorandum overstates what happened, but she said she was wrong for participating in "inappropriate banter" at a staff birthday party.

"As the senior person there it was my job to stop it before it got started and I didn't. I in fact joined in," she said.
www.cannabisculture.com...

Bring them on. Obama will beat either of these Republican tokens like a cheap rug. I can see the headlines now. "Kerry Rides Obama Coattails, Beats Bush In Ill. 60% to 36%".

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372,

He doesnt live in Illinois. He lives in Maryland.....But as long as he is a registered citizen in Illinois by Nov 2, he can run.

Must be no problem with that IMHO Hilliary did the same in New York did she not? Oh I forgot she's a democrat and gets a free pass - silly me.

df1

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Must be no problem with that IMHO Hilliary did the same in New York did she not? Oh I forgot she's a democrat and gets a free pass - silly me.

I see you are claiming the moral high ground with the "If Hillary did it, it is ok for us" approach. Are you sure that you are a member of the "holier than thou" republican party?

Exactly what is the difference between republicans and democrats again? I am trying real hard, but just can't find any.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

ohhh good point.. i forgot about her...lol. Still though...she chose to run there. The republicans in Illinois are scrambling to find ANYONE to run. And it seems sad to me that they cant find ONE black male in this state that is republican to the point of running for office. And still no answer on the question of alienation..How did they pull that off, because I have a few people I'd love to make go away. Maybe they got some tips for me?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
oh- and by the way..Doesnt Condi have a oil tanker named after her? Ya, shes from the poor mean streets...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
IMHO, the Republicans are conceding the race. Certainly none of the more prominent local republicans that could have stepped in wanted to. I doubt that Keyes would get much support locally.

It could have been worse. It could have been Oberweis.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
IMHO what does this stand for? I'm pretty good at figuring these out, but this ones got me stumped..

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
IMHO is In My Humble Opinion

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
oh man, i was way off...thanks...

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Keyes would do more for the citizens of Illinois than any one else. He is a great man who brings more than just his race to the table. Very brilliant. I find it odd that the Democrates take the Black vote for granted, never appoint Blacks to higher offices, and have convinced African-Americans that They care for them. If you look at all that the Republicans have done, you would think that the Black vote would be more split. By the Way, look at all the black republicans that are running for office. Especially down south. Georgia, North Carolina and others, yet we do not hear anything about them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join