It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Hero's...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

When the substance of your posts equals: DO they have baskets for sale etc etc...... I bet you loved thailand. I tend to not take you seriously, i know i cant force it, but please get off my thread, you are a waste of time man.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by brindle

When the substance of your posts equals: DO they have baskets for sale etc etc...... I bet you loved thailand. I tend to not take you seriously, i know i cant force it, but please get off my thread, you are a waste of time man.
All ghetto people throw their trash everywhere,not just foreign countries.Every ghetto in america has trash piles like that.To me,it doesnt make people heroes to live like that.Practicing birth control and not overpopulating makes people heroes in my book.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by brindle

I just wanted to thank you,I was just listening to the rolling stones,get off of my cloud,what a great song,talk to ya later skippy

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
And most are in that position because the USA came in and raped and pillaged their resources. At least we built some sweatshops for them, right?
The truth is we only have our ipads because of our fiat currency. We basically got all of this stuff for free. We give people paper, and we get back precious metals in return. You cant do anything with paper, but you can do a lot with metals. Click on the link in my sig. to see that Americans are actually being 'brainwashed' while they're children into accepting our currency.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
You cant do anything with paper...

I beg to differ...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6db100f15c01.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

At least the man has taste!

2nd

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I completely agree.

It's an incredibly manipulative way of doing business. The problem that I have is that people really do block out this stuff. It's so much easier to do so, people seem to be of the opinion that many of the people in question actually have a choice in what kind of conditions they live, this is rarely the case. I couldn't see that link you mentioned..could you post it up?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

This is just what i mean, the people we're talking about don't have the choices that Americans or Europeans have, it's easy to throw stones but you're not really addressing the problem at its core. The problem is that people don't really understand how crippling the conditions are in a lot of these places, they simply cannot break out of these dire situations because of simple economics. There is also a reason why this is the case as I stated in the OP, these people live like that so that we can live like we do, and they don't have a choice in the matter.

I apologize if i was snippy earlier, I was just a little shocked by your responses. Peace

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by brindle

This is just what i mean, the people we're talking about don't have the choices that Americans or Europeans have, it's easy to throw stones but you're not really addressing the problem at its core. The problem is that people don't really understand how crippling the conditions are in a lot of these places, they simply cannot break out of these dire situations because of simple economics. There is also a reason why this is the case as I stated in the OP, these people live like that so that we can live like we do, and they don't have a choice in the matter.

I apologize if i was snippy earlier, I was just a little shocked by your responses. Peace
The shock factor is great huh?seeya later

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't care for the assumption that this post makes that EVERY blasted American is to blame for what is going on in the pictures you linked. Recently Obama made a comment to the effect of

"You complain about gas prices and you only drive something that gets 8 miles a gallon...? Well..."

Guess what? Some people actually need vehicles like that for their day to day work. Besides, more "big, huge, gas-guzzling SUVs" are actually getting much better gas mileage. My point is that not every American or a citizen of the "West" is some sort of capitalist pig, you know? Not everyone live this uber-wasteful lifestyle. What's wrong with the picture of the house or that boy playing baseball? I bet you someone works a 40-hr week job to bring home the money to pay for that. It's not free.

My heart goes out to the children and adults who have to live in such a situation. I've seen it myself in this very country (America). Pine Ridge Indian Reservation (SD), anyone? It's a horrible situation, but it's not easily fixable, some simple, black and white problem. Poverty is a tough monster to beat.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Poverty is not a good thing,but being worried constantly about paying a mountain of bills is equally damaging.At least being very poor is a more simplistic lifestyle .Every person has their share of problems.All people struggle to go through this life.Life has many battles for everyone.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Poverty is not a good thing,but being worried constantly about paying a mountain of bills is equally damaging.At least being very poor is a more simplistic lifestyle .Every person has their share of problems.All people struggle to go through this life.Life has many battles for everyone.

Well said, good sir, well said. (Or ma'am?)

I agree, we all have struggles in this life to go through, though I firmly believe that we can lessen them by helping others with their struggles.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

Very true

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
parents of these children are the people at fault. whole bunch shoulda been castrated before making these mouths to starve.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
parents of these children are the people at fault. whole bunch shoulda been castrated before making these mouths to starve.
Its true

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I do agree that the true heroes are not the ones who have it easy. A rich sports star who donates money to a charity is not a hero.

At the risk of appearing pedantic- the proper pluralization of hero is NOT "hero's" (which is the singular possessive) it is "heroes" - I see far too much of this sort of thing- it may not matter to some people, but it is important.

This is the sort of carelessness that so very often harms the credibility of otherwise good authors. The writer appears to be marginally illiterate, suggesting that they perhaps don't read very often, don't pay attention when they do, or - perhaps most importantly- do not fully understand or care about the meaning of words. This is a perplexing situation when the author appears to otherwise be making some insightful points. There are many good points and observations made by intelligent people on this site- please don't undermine yourselves on something as obvious as this! It is a handicap when it comes to convincing people.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join