It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Real Hero's...

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I would like to take a moment away from our usual agenda here on ats.


I have noticed a lot of hero oriented threads on ATS regarding incredible behavior in adverse circumstances. While I appreciate this, I feel that the real hero's in the world go unnoticed.

While we champion people who can pay for the construction of dams around their properties during floods, we fail to acknowledge the people that are forced to live in a constant state of poverty because of the imperialist nature of our western world. While we expand imperially they are forced into increasingly pathetic conditions, it is the nature of imperialism.

We corrupt third world leaders into accepting huge loans based on bloated economic projections, and we then use those loans as leverage politically to call on said nations whenever necessary. In most cases it is the extraction of oil, the construction of power plants by US companies, UN votes, and control of the
basic utilities of that nation, regardless of ANY negative effects on that nation.

So that's how it's done

It's a lot harder at the bottom. Rather than praising those who can afford it, why don't we praise the people who build their own houses from bits of plastic and recovered timber, covered in leaky tarpaulins?


I personally think we should put down our ipads, get out of our leather upholstered suv's and actually take a look at what is happening right now.







Remember what it was like as a kid....???






[


So how about as an adult



[/IMG]


Take a step back and realize what we've taken from others people...peace and love






And on one final note, these people are the real hero's, they are the people that suffer and die to keep our lifestyle running, deny it all you want, these people are hero's.
edit on 24-5-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
In the last picture,there is a nice handwoven basket.I wonder if it for sale.



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Somebody needs to tell them to have a community pick up the trash day.



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle
 


That is a rubbish observation, don't try to score stars for sarcastic BS.



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My heart hurts for all the children in the world that have to live that way



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by brindle
 


That is a rubbish observation, don't try to score stars for sarcastic BS.
please allow me to have my opinion without insults



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Somebody needs to tell them to have a community pick up the trash day.


You need to understand what other people actually live with. They do not have have the infrastructure to deal with the overwhelming demand, which translates to really horrible poverty...instead of sarcastic remarks, how about posting something with substance mate. GROW UP



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Good perspective sir-slide, the victims of the economic hitmen truly are heroes.
Human spirit?
These kids who get up everyday to scratch a living from piles of s**t, sharing their workspace with vultures.
Thats spirit

John Perkins - Predatory Capitalism



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by brindle
 


That is a rubbish observation, don't try to score stars for sarcastic BS.
please allow me to have my opinion without insults


Not trying to insult you, but you are trying to downplay the significance of this thread by posting sarcastic BS in order to get yourself a nice little star....am i wrong???



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eocrow
Good perspective sir-slide, the victims of the economic hitmen truly are heroes.
Human spirit?
These kids who get up everyday to scratch a living from piles of s**t, sharing their workspace with vultures.
Thats spirit

John Perkins - Predatory Capitalism


Thank you friend, I really believe they are heroes, the unspoken heroes of our world.
edit on 24-5-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

Originally posted by brindle
Somebody needs to tell them to have a community pick up the trash day.


You need to understand what other people actually live with. They do not have have the infrastructure to deal with the overwhelming demand, which translates to really horrible poverty...instead of sarcastic remarks, how about posting something with substance mate. GROW UP
If you dont like my opinion,too bad.This is a free country,I am allowed to voice my opinion,God bless America.



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle
 


Sorry to break your bubble mate, but we aint in the US of A, you're on the internet and I'm sorry that you obviously believe that it is your god given right to rule other people, but you may be wrong. Check with others?



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by brindle
 


Sorry to break your bubble mate, but we aint in the US of A, you're on the internet and I'm sorry that you obviously believe that it is your god given right to rule other people, but you may be wrong. Check with others?
I just posted my opininion.Please allow other people to post their views without degrading them ,and telling people to grow up.



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by brindle
 


That is a rubbish observation, don't try to score stars for sarcastic BS.
Please dont call my observation rubbish,it is not your place to decide .



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle
 


Look mate, not trying to start a thing here but you seem to be a little bit challenged. You obviously lack the foundations to understand many of the concepts being discussed. Let's leave at it that, move on, please don't reply, you're wasting time.



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by brindle
 


Look mate, not trying to start a thing here but you seem to be a little bit challenged. You obviously lack the foundations to understand many of the concepts being discussed. Let's leave at it that, move on, please don't reply, you're wasting time.
Keep rolling out the insults,it doesnt bother me.Because you dont agree with somebodies comment,doesnt make them challenged, or that they lack a foundation to understand anything.It means that you have a bad temper and cannot tolerate a viewpoint different than yours.



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle
 


Not trying to insult you mate, just pointing out your weak perspective and counterpoint. No beef, and please stop responding......(UNLESS you have something constructive to add)
edit on 24-5-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by brindle
 


Not trying to insult you mate, just pointing out your weak perspective and counterpoint. No beef, and please stop responding......(UNLESS you have something constructive to add)
edit on 24-5-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)
The point is,what qualifies you to judge the strength of a persons perspective?Everyone has a slightly different perspective on the world.As long as you dont harm anyone,it is what makes the world go around.Imagine if everyone thought alike?The world would be so boring.I ask you to embrace other people viewpoints,even if you disagree or find no merit.You have to put alot of ingredients in the pot to make a good soup,if you put only one ingredient in,it wont turn out so good.



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Eocrow
 


By the way I've just finished that book, nice reference for the thread. Cheers brother!!!



posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Cheers,so is the handwoven basket for sale or not?




top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join