It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the rest of the world thinks about who is behind 9/11

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Interesting too see, most of the world, thinks al quida did it.

Actually that was only the single most popular response. It did not actually constitute a majority though. Altogether, according to the data in the OP, most respondents did not believe al Qaeda was responsible.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I dont see any of you, from either two sides, even remotely interested in questioning your own cognitive bias.

On the contrary, I try to take the position of "all right, convince me that I'm wrong" here, because only a fool will insist everything he knows is 100% correct. The problem is is the outright disingenuous methods the conspiracy people use to try and do it.

Case in point- WTC 7. There's widespread and easily available footage showing that the penthouse collapsed into the interior of the building some six seconds before the building collapsed as a whole, but since the conspiracy people can't explain why THIS controlled demolitions is completely different from every OTHER controlled demoltions in all of recorded human history they simply take a pair of scissors and snip that part of the video off and pretend it didn't happen, all so that they can say "witnesses heard explosions six seconds before WTC 7 collapsed". This is LYING, regardless of whatever pretty word you want to use to describe this, and lying is a de facto admission that they know full well what they're saying is false. It isn't the case that I dismiss any possibility of any conspiracy. I simply dismiss the claims those damned fool conspiracy web sites are pushing out because they're caught red handed at lying to trick people into believing in them.

All this "what the rest of the world thinks" poll means is that people in Australia and France are equally as subsceptible to being suckered by these "witnesses heard explosions six seconds before the WTC 7 collapsed" stunts every bit as much as people in San Francisco and Miami are.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Interesting too see, most of the world, thinks al quida did it.

Actually that was only the single most popular response. It did not actually constitute a majority though. Altogether, according to the data in the OP, most respondents did not believe al Qaeda was responsible.

How on Earth do you figure that? According to the OP's data 25% of the people in the world say they don't know. They're not saying they don't think Al Qaida was responsible, they're saying they don't know who's responsible. They're not saying that because they're sitting on the fence waiting for more information before deciding one way or the other, because lets face it, this topic is only a critical issue for you conspiracy people. Right now there are people in Japan trying to find the bodies of their missing families after their tsunami and right now there are people in Mexico hiding in their basements praying they won't get shot from the gun battles between the drug warlords and the Mexican army. Oh, and let's not forget that Egypt just got finished throwing a revolution to get rid of a dictator so everyone is wondering what the future will bring. Pinch yourself, it's true, but there are people out in the world who have more important things to worry about than researching who was behind the 9/11 attack ten years ago. "I don't know" is just another way of saying "I don't care".

This whole bit is nothing but grasping at straws in desperation to keep your conspiracy claims alive. You know that and so do I.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
Pinch yourself, it's true, but there are people out in the world who have more important things to worry about than researching who was behind the 9/11 attack ten years ago. "I don't know" is just another way of saying "I don't care".

This whole bit is nothing but grasping at straws in desperation to keep your conspiracy claims alive. You know that and so do I.

That is very true.

But there is a long term issue with 9/11 that can NEVER go away and it has nothing to do with trivia like CONSPIRACIES. There is nothing in Japan or Mexico that anyone thinks defies the Laws of Physics. To some people it is just a question.

Is it physically possible for an airliner weighing less than 200 tons to TOTALLY OBLITERATE a skyscraper more than 2000 times its mass. If it was possible than our physicists should be able to explain it easily. And since the distribution of steel and concrete has to be determined for any skyscraper to support itself against gravity and withstand the wind.

This crap should have been resolved in SIX MONTHS!

But now we have morons and liars keeping this crap going. A 10,000 page report that cost $20,000,000 that can't specify the distributions of steel and concrete. Engineering schools that can't build a model that can collapse. 9/11 should be more important to our engineering schools than the catastrophe in Japan. They don't have to explain earthquakes.

psik

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Sorry but i stil believe that a bunch of suicidal arabs hijacked 4 planes and crashed them

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
NYPD cops are sharing some interesting stories from that day.

theerant.yuku.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

You seem to forget that to everyone outside of your private little conspiracy cliques, there really isn't any difference between the "lasers from outer space" conspiracy theories and the "controlled demolitions" conspiracy theories to us. They're both equally untenable.

Being new here but I have been reading for a while, why cant the truthers believe in one conspiracy theory about what happened? We have explosives being used, thermite being used, mini nuclear weapons were used, the aircraft that hit the buildings fired missiles at the buildings from pods, the planes were actually holograms, and beam weapons were also used.

Have the truthers ever posted in what order all these things were used?

Were the pod carrying aircraft somehow turned into holagrams after they fired their missiles?
Were the explosives set off before or after the thermite?
Where the mini nukes used before or after the beam weapon?

If the truthers could just state in what order they think things happened, then we could perhaps get a better picture of what they think.

The truthers seem to be arguing amongst themselves to see who can come up with the silliest conspiracy theory, not realising most people think all their conspiracy theories are just stupid and silly.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

That's what makes the Truth movement so entertaining.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

There is no 'truth movement', as you put it, that was something OS supporters made up.

We are individual people with different ideas and claims. It makes dismissing the whole debate easy when you stereotype people, and reduce them all down to the silliest claim you can find.

If I said a flying fish hit the pentagon you'd be claiming that is what 'the truth movement' believes.

How about you explain why the collapses of the towers did not slow due to loss of Ke to resistance, and other events that require energy such as expulsion of debris, sound, heat etc.? Why did Ke seem to increase when the laws of motion explains the opposite should have happened?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by spoor

There is no 'truth movement', as you put it, that was something OS supporters made up.

Bonez seems to refer to a "Truth Movement". Is he an OS supporter?

Assuming he is, and that there's no such movement, how are you going to get anything done? Presumably if you convince a few people on ATS that could be the start of something big. Oh no, hang on...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

How on Earth do you figure that?

How can you not figure that?

"Al Qaeda" was the single most popular response, but not a majority (50%+) of the total responses.

Maybe you just have trouble reading?

Not hardly. I think it's hilarious that you can't even do basic percentages now.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

You seem to forget that to everyone outside of your private little conspiracy cliques, there really isn't any difference between the "lasers from outer space" conspiracy theories and the "controlled demolitions" conspiracy theories to us. They're both equally untenable.

Being new here but I have been reading for a while, why cant the truthers believe in one conspiracy theory about what happened? We have explosives being used, thermite being used, mini nuclear weapons were used, the aircraft that hit the buildings fired missiles at the buildings from pods, the planes were actually holograms, and beam weapons were also used.

Have the truthers ever posted in what order all these things were used?

Were the pod carrying aircraft somehow turned into holagrams after they fired their missiles?
Were the explosives set off before or after the thermite?
Where the mini nukes used before or after the beam weapon?

If the truthers could just state in what order they think things happened, then we could perhaps get a better picture of what they think.

The truthers seem to be arguing amongst themselves to see who can come up with the silliest conspiracy theory, not realising most people think all their conspiracy theories are just stupid and silly.

I have been on firefightersfortruth, A&Efor911truth, pilotsfor911truth, looked up testimony of the people who have been there. Who exactly are those people, who believe in mininukes and holograms? What gives you the idea, anybody believes in that?

This link may give you more insight.

www.911truth.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And finally was that a genuine question, or were you just looking for a not so clever way to call people silly and ridiculous?
edit on 13-6-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Who exactly are those people, who believe in mininukes and holograms? What gives you the idea, anybody believes in that?

By posts here, just like other truthers believe in thermite being used, explosives were used, radio controlled planes, the jews did it etc etc.

And finally was that a genuine question,

a genuine question, as it appears the truthers have so many silly theories they contradict each other

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So because of posts here the truth movement believes in holografic planes? Why shouldnt we lump the people who believe in the official conspiracy theory, of Alqaeda coordinating the attacks on America from their hydro powered caves (according to Rumsfeld) in the same group? Please do tell, what magic wall separates them?

If people making posts about holografic planes discredits the work of architects who make the case of the implausibility of a demolition through random damage and fire alone, I dont see how people who believe in the official conspiracy theory are spared to be smeared by those posts as well.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Interesting data.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegameisup
Interesting data.

way to "bump" a year old thread...

edit on 9-7-2012 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

You mean like iran and north korea? They weren't on the chart. Besides the whole chart is questionable in how it was researched PLUS people tend to believe what their govt tells them... so what's the point.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

Originally posted by thegameisup
Interesting data.

way to "bump" a year old thread...

edit on 9-7-2012 by Dizrael because: (no reason given)

Is there anything wrong with bumping an old thread? I found it interesting, what are your views on it?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia was filed under other, when most of the alleged hijackers were Saudis? Really? Is that an actual poll or made up numbers?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join