It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the rest of the world thinks about who is behind 9/11

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Damn "Dave," you really can't help yourself with those "lasers from outer space" straw-men can you? Seriously, I see you talk about it more than anyone else that posts here. Holograms and nukes too. Too bad that's not what the survey actually asked about.

All right, then, energy weapons from otuer space, if you prefer. Former governor of Minnesota Jesse Ventura describes the collapse of the WTC using the analogy that microwaves will cook food while leaving the plate untouched. How can you say this is a strawman when Jesse Ventura was one of the very people you conspiracy proponents were hailing as a sincere researcher, not too long ago? Besides, Dr. Judy Wood is one of the very few people genuinely convinced that a conspiracy involving energy weapons is afoot that she filed a federal lawsuit. What federal lawsuit have the rest of you filed?

This is what happens when you conspiracy people grasp at straws in desperation to keep your claims alive- sooner or later your own words come back to haunt you.

If anyone has had a successful campaign selling pure lies it's been the US media. It's only where the US media doesn't have strong sway on what people think about world events, that "alternate views" are strong. Many of these countries don't even have widespread access to internet, so you can save all your "damn ool conspiracy website" malarkey.

Baloney. Every single one of those countries have a strong internet presence. Most of the spam is coming from Asia, most of the cybercriminals pushing fake antivirus utilities are from the Ukraine and Russia, and just how many offers from expelled gov't officials to make you a millionaire for a small down payment are coming from Nigeria?

...as for the Arab countries thinging that Israel was really behind the attack, big surprise that turned out to be.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
I daresay there are more Scientologists than there are 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

I daresay that there are more 9/11-OS-doubters than Scientologists. The stats speak for themselves.

That said, I wonder what percentage of Scientologists are also Truthers.

I don't know but I've heard the Scientologists are in fact truthers. They just believe that a secret society of psychiatrists hypnotized the hijackers into doing it. They have a hangup with psychiatrists the same way you have a hangup against the gov't.

Hey, their explanation isn't any more goofy than secret hushaboom controlled demolitions in an occupied building that nobody noticed or shooting a giant cruise missile painted to look like a passenger jet into the Pentagon.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Damn "Dave," you really can't help yourself with those "lasers from outer space" straw-men can you? Seriously, I see you talk about it more than anyone else that posts here. Holograms and nukes too. Too bad that's not what the survey actually asked about.

All right, then, energy weapons from otuer space, if you prefer.

I wasn't criticizing what you call them, I was criticizing the fact that the only person ever bringing those theories up is you.

Every single one of those countries have a strong internet presence.

Parts of Palestine don't even have running water. Kenya? Nigeria? Your worn-out "damn fool conspiracy website" catch phrase is nothing but a bunch of hot, sour air.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Looking forward to hearing your views.

Here is my view Skyfloating.
The fact that the opinions around the world of who were really responsible/behind the 911 disaster are so divergent is very remarkable to say the least.
How come that there is so much disagreement about what did really happen that day instead of agreement?
The reason for that cannot be other than that they also saw that there was/is something terrible wrong with what was claimed by the US government what happened during that day with the Twin Towers, WTC 7, by the pentagon and at shanksville.
I am a Dutchman, and after much of the information and videos I have read and seen about what happened that day, I am convinced that the official explanation is false.
So that it was not done by Al Qaeda but by some power from out the US itself.
For the record, I mean hereby not the official US government.

I always found this video about what Councilor Yukihisa Fujita said at the House of Councilors from Japan so striking.

At the National Diet of Japan on January 10, 2008, Councilor Yukihisa Fujita of Democratic Party of Japan questioned 9/11. This is a BIG NEWS yet Japanese MSM absolutely ignored it.

Geüpload door aftertruth op 14 jan 2008
Councilor Fujita Questions 9/11 Part 1

Geüpload door aftertruth op 15 jan 2008

Councilor Fujita Questions 9/11 Part 2

edit on 24/5/11 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I found a new record high for the official version

According to a poll conducted in September 2009 by Novus Opinion on behalf of the television channel TV4, 70% of the Swedes believe al-Qaida was responsible for the attack

(from the link in the OP)

Hello Spacevisitor, nice to meet you again. I wonder what the stats in Japan are. Couldnt find any data on that.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

A large part of the poll is "Other". I wonder what they mean by "Other". What other major theories, apart from the "their were no planes", are there?

It could be that they did mean by "Other" another major power within the US besides the official US government such as were Senator Daniel Inouye speak about here.

Re: Senator Daniel Inouye on the shadow government

Also called "the Military Industrial Complex" by former president Eisenhower in his farewell speach in my opinion.

Geüpload door RobUniv op 4 aug 2006
Dwight D. Eisenhower exit speech on Jan.17,1961. Warning us of the military industrial complex.

edit on 24/5/11 by spacevisitor because: did some adding

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Of interest:

"World Trade Center Building 7 is the 47-story skyscraper that was not hit by any planes during the September 11th attacks, but still totally collapsed later the same day. This collapse was not investigated by the 9/11 Commission. Are you aware of this skyscraper's collapse, and if so do you believe that the Commission should have also investigated it? Or do you believe that the Commission was right to only investigate the collapse of the buildings which were directly hit by airplanes?"

Responses: 43% Not Aware / 38% Aware - should have investigated it / 14% Aware - right not to investigate it / 5% Not Sure

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I wasn't criticizing what you call them, I was criticizing the fact that the only person ever bringing those theories up is you.

Do I really need to instruct you on your own conspiracy theories now? Former governor of Minnesota Jesse Ventura talked about Judy Wood's work on the Alex Jones show:

Jesse Ventura talks about Judy Wood's work on the Alex Jones Show

You seem to forget that to everyone outside of your private little conspiracy cliques, there really isn't any difference between the "lasers from outer space" conspiracy theories and the "controlled demolitions" conspiracy theories to us. They're both equally untenable.

Parts of Palestine don't even have running water. Kenya? Nigeria? Your worn-out "damn fool conspiracy website" catch phrase is nothing but a bunch of hot, sour air.

Are you genuinely trying to say these pollsters went out to the places in Kenya and Nigeria with no running water and and asked the people there what their thoughts were on the 9/11 attack? How would some African tribe out in the middle of the Serengeti even know there was a 9/11 attack?

The fact that you're getting all your information off some damned fool conspiracy web site pushing out drivel is self evident, regardless of whether you appreciate my pointing out the fact or not. It's almost certainly how Jesse Ventura got hooked into the "lasers from otuer space" crowd to begin with. Your straw grasping in an attempt to evade acknowledging this is only getting more and more desperate.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Geüpload door RobUniv op 4 aug 2006
Dwight D. Eisenhower exit speech on Jan.17,1961. Warning us of the military industrial complex.

Thanks for posting that. Eisenhower may have been the last president we had that wasn't sold out to these corrupt power systems, criminal rackets, whatever you want to call them

Eisenhower was also our last president to have been a general in a war (WW2) prior to being elected. I don't doubt that this is how he has first-hand experience and knowledge of the subject, and how he is able to lay the situation out in very direct and practical terms. In the time since then it's only looking like his concerns have been realized. Vietnam was started with a false flag too (Gulf of Tonkin incident).

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Do I really need to instruct you on your own conspiracy theories now? Former governor of Minnesota Jesse Ventura talked about Judy Wood's work on the Alex Jones show:

Yeah, you're going to educate me on myself by linking me to a Judy Woods interview. Do you know how much sense that makes? And you're still the king of straw-men.

The fact that you're getting all your information off some damned fool conspiracy web site

What is that even supposed to mean? Are you just saying anyone who posts information critical of 9/11 on the internet is dumber than you? Even all the people at Zogby reporting in on these surveys? Because those would have to be "damn fool conspiracy websites" too the way you throw the phrase around left and right when you're talking about anything.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Aw Jeez, Dave, not this crap again.....!!!

Purleeez
Give it up!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Whats with the back and forth here between the two sides?

The stats presented support neither Side A nor side B of the Debate. They only support the fact that there is a lot of cognitive bias going on and that the world is divided on....reality itself.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ive looked into it, there are so many polls and each is all over the place. Depending on what poll you pick more than half of Americans think America did 911. Pick the one that suits you best.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

What I get from this is how dangerous ideology driven propaganda can be to the world. Wild conspiracy theories taken as fact can be deadly. Spreading misinformation can have huge consequences, even done in the name of free speech.

I also see the results of radical religious propaganda has a profound impact. I don't see how the Middle East can not end up badly for the world. It's a ticking time bomb on it's own without anyone's intervention. A backward society based on false history and religious bigotry at that level does not mix well with the modern world, where weapons from a more advanced culture are available.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

What it shows is that a new, impartial investigation is needed..
Who ever investigates also needs maximum powers to seek evidence and call witnesses to testify..
Even G W Bush etc and he should be alone and under oath like anyone else.

Agreed. Especially the part about Bush testifying alone. He's such a moron he'd be sure to F it up.

2nd line: Bush is STILL a moron.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

You post a brillant example of the type of misinformation (misdirection) out there that leads people to start believing in conspiracy theories. The question also neglects to mention that the collapse of WTC 7 WAS investigated by the US Government, and glosses over the fact that the 9/11 Commission was not charged with conducting engineering studies of either of the towers, the Pentagon OR WTC 7.
edit on 24-5-2011 by vipertech0596 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
For the facts check out '9/11 Blueprint for truth'. I wish I was crazy in thinking that an inside job was even an option, but the facts are the facts. This is one crazy world.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here's my two cents FWIW:

The event was probably rooted (at least partly) in some sort of financial issue. It seemed to lead into the economic depression we are still in.

WT7 housed what appeared to be a great repository of financial records and if memory serves correct, other 'top shelf' data. Perhaps the evidence needed to removed and even with technology, it would be a great cover to say "that data no longer exists due to the tragic events of 9/11" etc. etc.

All this happened, we funded and bailed (moved the money), and they ride of into the sunset (with the loot).

The one thing that puzzles me though - what was all this capitol needed for and/or where did it really go? That would be one heck of a black budget if you ask me.

Pt. II

Yep, terrorists may have done it, but even so, it seems inconceivable the towers would fall so neatly. Hence the first outward sign triggering questionability of the event.

So, frame of reference/cognitive bias shown by the surveys, polls, and research is statistically interesting, but to try and gleen truth from that seems on par with something like web bot project.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

The World Average is a minority for the official version:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87acad9c40b1.png[/atsimg]
edit on 24-5-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

How do you figure that out ? Even including countries that have serious issues with the US the poll indicates that 80% believe Al Qaeda did it or don't know. Only 15 % think the US was responsible and that includes people who would think the US responsible for the flood and the holocaust.

what he means is that US Gov official walks into a room with 100 people: "...and that, class is how the 19 Al Qaida terrorists defeated the most expensive defense system a country ever had. now, any questions?"

55 people raise their hands.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

What does this study say about americans thinking it was america responsible for 911?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join