It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the rest of the world thinks about who is behind 9/11

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1

How do you figure that out ? Even including countries that have serious issues with the US the poll indicates that 80% believe Al Qaeda did it or don't know. Only 15 % think the US was responsible and that includes people who would think the US responsible for the flood and the holocaust.

The official version is "Al Qaeda did it". 46% believe that. The mainstream either believes otherwise or "doesnt know". The mainstream doubts the official version.

That should be more than a little surprising for many readers of this site.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The World Average is a minority for the official version:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87acad9c40b1.png[/atsimg]
edit on 24-5-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

Actually, you must be careful. It is not a "world average" its is the average in the 17 countries that were polled.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Don't forget that also in the US we have a significant chunk of people believing our government was involved or had foreknowledge. Half of all New Yorkers were calling for re-investigation years ago and suspected that the US at least had foreknowledge.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Looking forward to hearing your views.

My view is that

a) All it shows is that the 9/11 conspiracy con artists have done an excellent job at spreading their "lasers from outer space" claims (or controlled demolitions or nukes in the basement or hologram planes or whatever particular flavor of conspiracy it is you support). For one thing, such a poll would attract a greater chance of getting a response from a conspiracy theorist than a non conspiracy theorist simply because they have a political agenda to "spread the news". For another, this doesn't delve into any particular conspiracy so the "controlled demolitions" people can use this poll every bit as much as the "lasers from outer space" people can, so you're right back where you started from.

b) Just because lots of people are convinced of something or another it doesn't mean it's true. It just means they think it's true. Witness the Scientologists, who are spending all kinds of money all over the world promoting the screwball idea that all of society's ills are caused by the ghosts of space aliens murdered by Xenu the galactic warlord. I daresay there are more Scientologists than there are 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

If these people genuinely think there's some secret plot to take over the world, the same criteria applies to them just as it does to everyone else- you can hallucinate any half baked idea you want, but ya still gotta prove it. So far, the conspriacy people have failed abysmally.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

How do you figure that out ? Even including countries that have serious issues with the US the poll indicates that 80% believe Al Qaeda did it or don't know. Only 15 % think the US was responsible and that includes people who would think the US responsible for the flood and the holocaust.

The official version is "Al Qaeda did it". 46% believe that. The mainstream either believes otherwise or "doesnt know". The mainstream doubts the official version.

That should be more than a little surprising for many readers of this site.

That is plainly untrue just on the basis of the poll you have posted. The overwhelming majority say Al Qaeda did it or they don't know. Only 15 % accuse the US administration. Please show me where I have got this all wrong.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
My view is that

a) All it shows is that the 9/11 conspiracy con artists have done an excellent job at spreading their "lasers from outer space" claims (or controlled demolitions or nukes in the basement or hologram planes or whatever particular flavor of conspiracy it is you support)

Damn "Dave," you really can't help yourself with those "lasers from outer space" straw-men can you? Seriously, I see you talk about it more than anyone else that posts here. Holograms and nukes too. Too bad that's not what the survey actually asked about.

If anyone has had a successful campaign selling pure lies it's been the US media. It's only where the US media doesn't have strong sway on what people think about world events, that "alternate views" are strong. Many of these countries don't even have widespread access to internet, so you can save all your "damn fool conspiracy website" malarkey.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The overwhelming majority say Al Qaeda did it or they don't know.

Those are two different answers, that you're trying to lump together.

I appreciate the attempt at Bill O'Reilly type spin, but Skyfloating was accurate enough with his assessment that in a wider sampling of countries, the US official story of events of that day is not the majority opinion. There is no need to start lumping completely different answers together to try to compensate for yourself. People more comfortable with their own intelligence have been happy residing in the minority opinion for years already. Why can't you cope with the same idea? Too much of your beliefs are vested in social popularity contests instead of logic and reason?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Don't forget that also in the US we have a significant chunk of people believing our government was involved or had foreknowledge. Half of all New Yorkers were calling for re-investigation years ago and suspected that the US at least had foreknowledge.

Its probably about 50% in the US, isnt it...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Dream on sunshine. I didn't bring this poll up but it shows, even including countries that loathe the US, only 15 % think there was an "inside job ".

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What is the point of this in the first place?

Opinion polls are just that, opinions. They're not facts, proof or evidence of one thing or another. I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority were still under the influence of BDS or, in the case of the Middle Eastern countries, IDS when these polls were taken.

ETA: Heck, throw in ADS for good measure as well.
edit on 24-5-2011 by roboe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
From day one I always suspected it to be an inside job. It hasn't been until the last year or so that I've come to realize that it was a combination team effort among 3 (possibly 4 countries) two of which aren't even on the list of suspects.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by roboe
What is the point of this in the first place?

99% of the threads in this Forum take in either a side A ("official version") or side B ("conspiracy theory) view. There are not many threads that are coming from a neutral view. A or B or both may be distorting truth without knowing it.
Why else would so many posts in this Forum be full of bickering and personal attacks?

Side A needs to try seeing things from Bs angle and B needs to try seeing things from As angle. Then both angles need to be discarded and the topic given a FRESH look based purely on raw data.

As you can see from the Polls, people believe what they were taught to believe. Countries who were taught to love America, dont question America. Countries who were taught to hate America, always question America.
The purpose of the OP is to see the whole thing independent of political lenses.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hederahelix
From day one I always suspected it to be an inside job. It hasn't been until the last year or so that I've come to realize that it was a combination team effort among 3 (possibly 4 countries) two of which aren't even on the list of suspects.

Id be curious to hear which countries you have in mind.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I'm sure you would.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hederahelix

Nice of you to add some mystery to the conversation.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Dream on sunshine. I didn't bring this poll up but it shows, even including countries that loathe the US, only 15 % think there was an "inside job ".

Yes, that's true. But that's not what you said in your last post. You were trying to lump multiple answers together to patch up the façade of most people believing it was al Qaeda, which clearly is not the case when you start looking outside of the US's allies at the larger world view.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyfloatingAs you can see from the Polls, people believe what they were taught to believe. Countries who were taught to love America, dont question America. Countries who were taught to hate America, always question America.
The purpose of the OP is to see the whole thing independent of political lenses.

But do they really?

As I pointed out, the hatred and general suspiciousness of Israel is much greater in the Middle East, so it's only natural that people there would be suspecting Israel, regardless of the facts.

I should probably have pointed out what BDS/IDS/ADS stands for, namely Bush / Israel / America Derangement Syndrome, where everything either of those do or say is immediately met with criticism because of who they are. I readily admit that I was a ferocious critic of George W. Bush, and in hindsight I realise that most of that was due to BDS. In the summer of 2008 Bush was still in office, his numbers were tanking, and very, VERY few people still liked him. Hence all the more reason for some people to suspect that the US government was behind the 9/11 attacks. It was simply another bad thing that the Bush / Israel / America could be, and was blamed for.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Interesting how even Mexico is divided. You might think they are on drugs and can't make up their minds.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by roboe

I can see the ADS, IDS and BDS agendas. And I can see a few more agendas as well. I can see how these agendas tried to exploit 9/11 to further their mission.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
I daresay there are more Scientologists than there are 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

I daresay that there are more 9/11-OS-doubters than Scientologists. The stats speak for themselves.

That said, I wonder what percentage of Scientologists are also Truthers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join