It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the rest of the world thinks about who is behind 9/11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Cognitive bias is a general term that is used to describe many observer effects in the human mind, some of which can lead to perceptual distortion, inaccurate judgment, or illogical interpretation - Encyclopedia

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6c5dfce23c4.png[/atsimg]

This data, collected by WorldOpinionPoll reveals some fascinating information. You find the most people thinking that Israel was behind 9/11 in Egypt, Jordan and Palestine...who traditionally have their issues with Israelis and hence tend to view Israel through those lenses. In contrast to that, in Germany you hardly have anyone believing it was the Israelis, which shows how skeptical Germans have become (because of WWII) of criticizing Jews.

The strongest believers of the U.S. Government being behind 9/11 are found in Mexico and Turkey, which is no surprise considering these countries traditional skepticism regarding America. The polled countries that were most U.S. friendly are the UK, Kenya and Taiwan which is, again, not such a big surprise.

"Al Qaeda did it" somewhat surprisingly is the overwhelming majority opinion in Kenya and Nigeria, possibly indicating a lack of alternative sources of information in those countries. The overwhelming "I dont know" found in China is possibly due to a lack of information or interest in general.

Not shown in the graph is Pakistan where only 2% responded that the attacks were carried out by Al-Qaeda and 27% responded that America did it.

One thing this shows is that the "official version" and the "mainstream version" is not the overwhelming majority in most places. In Pakistan, Egypt and Jordan the "Official Version" is a minority view whereas the conspiracy-version is the majority view.

We all tend to distort our views according who we like and dislike. The Taiwanese are crazy about Americans so the majority there say "It wasnt an Inside Job". Many in Mexico are not fans of America, so they'll tend more to the "Inside Job" theory.

I believe that in order to arrive at the truth we have to move beyond positive bias and negative bias and look at the facts coldly and without emotion, with no intention to prove or disprove any of our preconceptions.

There is more quite amazing statistical data here: 911 Opinion Polls.

Looking forward to hearing your views.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

S+F.
Great thread.
Completely agree. The truth is the truth, and non biased/opinionated.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Interesting find. My cousin is from mexico and he believed there was some U.S government involvement around the time those twin towers became nothing more then molten steel and dust. Hopefully the rest of the world learns who was truly behind those attacks and bring them to justice.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Agreed the MSM how can we trust them when their owners/funders have so much to gain from concealing the truth.

How do we trust those that seek to profit from us and deceive us.

The people who wish to expose the 911 truth on the other hand do not have much; or as much to gain.

As the Deceivers in the Media.

I Personally believe it was Facets of the U.S Government and Israel(MOSSAD) Collaborating

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
IN my Opinion, The US Govt did it.
I'm from the UK, (Somerset) and most of the people I know of my age group 16-25 would say it was an inside job.
Just wanted to add, that perhaps the countries with a lower proportion of younger people may be "free thinkers" and reject what their mainstream media states.
Most of the "Oldies" Have a very loyal sense to their countries and believe a lot of what the country says.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
and ireland: US Government.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

I Personally believe it was Facets of the U.S Government and Israel(MOSSAD) Collaborating

I agree 100% with that statement, and until the US government releases any additional evidence, the evidence we actually have seems to point in that direction.

the truth does not fear investigation, and the truth has no political bias.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Just because the majority believes it to be true doesnt add any credence to its truthfulness.

We are just looking at numbers of how many people believed in the OS. They were fed this information and simply believed it because they did not have the time to investigate themselves or investigated themselves and found out they believed the OS

I think all those people who investigated themselves(The Believers Of the OS)

Probably forgot to inquire about Building 7. Hrm...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

In countries where they are fed negative info about America, many believe it was an Inside Job. In countries where they are fed positive info about America, hardly anyone believes it was an Inside Job. Thats how the media adds its influence to the mix.

The truth can only be found by having no investment either way. I could personally accept that it was an Inside Job and I could also accept that it was not. I try to remain as non-biased as possible so that I can see clearly.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corrupted Data
I'm from the UK, (Somerset) and most of the people I know of my age group 16-25 would say it was an inside job.
Just wanted to add, that perhaps the countries with a lower proportion of younger people may be "free thinkers" and reject what their mainstream media states.
Most of the "Oldies" Have a very loyal sense to their countries and believe a lot of what the country says.

I am from the UK too. Can you give me any evidence that people 16-25, your circle of cronies apart, that believe 9/11 was an "inside job" ?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse

Agreed the MSM how can we trust them when their owners/funders have so much to gain from concealing the truth.

Planetwide, the official version is not the majority view. As you can see from the Polls, alternative-views are just as popular.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse

The people who wish to expose the 911 truth on the other hand do not have much; or as much to gain.

Countries and Governments who think it was the U.S. would have something to gain by weakening the U.S. credibility.

Just saying.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

What it shows is that a new, impartial investigation is needed..
Who ever investigates also needs maximum powers to seek evidence and call witnesses to testify..
Even G W Bush etc and he should be alone and under oath like anyone else.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corrupted Data

I think there is statistical evidence for younger folks being more likely to believe in the "inside job" version. Id have to dig it up somewhere.

The young say its because they are more open-minded than old folks. The old-folks say its because the young are more gullible.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yes, what it shows is that there are 5 major opinions on it and none of them with a majority. That tells you right there that the world is very divided on it and that it needs to be investigated more deeply.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A large part of the poll is "Other". I wonder what they mean by "Other". What other major theories, apart from the "their were no planes", are there?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

How do we trust those that seek to profit from us and deceive us.

Start up your own news service. Then tell us how you would profit by lying to your customers. Every exposed factual error chips away at your credibility. Every time you mislead your customers you give them one more reason to switch to another source.

Try putting yourself in the position of a government representative who’s job is to lean on the head of CNN or CBS or all the other outlets in the WORLD!

Uh look Mr. CNN we know your reporters have found evidence of bombs and holograms. But we want you to ignore it and pretend it was airplanes piloted by Muslim terrorists. We are going to send out people to have a talk with the heads of every news paper and tv outlet on the planet. So you had better tow the line and not say anything.
Also we are still a bit pissed when you blew the lid, excuse my words, on Monica giving Billy a BJ.

So you could guarantee yourself to be the most honest and number one news source on the planet, if you went against the tide and provided proof of the conspiracy to the world. It would seem to me you would have very much more to gain by blowing the lid off as opposed to sitting on evidence.

But then again logic has nothing to do with the 911 conspiracy theory.

edit on 24-5-2011 by samkent because: formating

edit on 24-5-2011 by samkent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The World Average is a minority for the official version:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87acad9c40b1.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

And the governments and people in power defending the authenticity of the OS have their lives to protect not just their credibility.

Because if they were found to be involved in the murder of 3000 innocents. Well; then you know what!

The thing is the people purportedly suspected to be involved in 911 have a lot more to lose; thats my point.

Take Credence!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The World Average is a minority for the official version:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87acad9c40b1.png[/atsimg]

How do you figure that out ? Even including countries that have serious issues with the US the poll indicates that 80% believe Al Qaeda did it or don't know. Only 15 % think the US was responsible and that includes people who would think the US responsible for the flood and the holocaust.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join