It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tasers 10 yr old girl for not going to bed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
obviously a bad kid...but taser? why not just a few good wacks to the butt? Some parents are so weak willed to punish their kids that they have to call the cops for it...how sad

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Before I even hit play, .... I better not see a cop taser a little girl. I'm not kidding here. Hell will break loose.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
From Wikipedia; en.wikipedia.org... - "Critics counter that tasers may interact with preexisting medical complications such as medications, and may even contribute to someone's death as a result. Critics also suggest that using a taser on a minor, particularly a young child, is effectively cruel and abusive punishment, or unnecessary"

This is for sure cruel and unusual. I gotta say, I have grown up with so many children in my family and I never thought to myself "You know what would really help? Inducing volts of electricity through this childs body." What kind of person lacks that kind of critical thinking to think that using a tazer on a 10yr old is OK?

And another thing, the mother stated that she OK'd the use to prevent the child from hurting themselves... So she decides to have the Officer do it instead huh?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
You know when I was a kid and I did something really bad I would get a couple smacks on the rear with a paddle.. I will say that sometimes corporal punishment is the correct thing to do...

However, A TASER!?! REALLY!?!? She called the cops and had him TASE HER DAUGHTER!?!!?
edit on 24-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This story is from here in Arkansas, it happened a while back actually. At least a year ago. People talked about it for a few days, it was kind of a big deal. I'm not sure what happened, but I sure hope the cop and mom were both punished! If you need the cops in order to control your ten-year-old daughter, you've got some serious parenting issues.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Wow you know i've always liked to believe that theres only a few bad cops and the majority are good. But honestly i can't think that way anymore.This is just plain wrong and this problem must come from a lack of good training and probably a really lazy atmosphere at the office. How can any cop or his co workers think this is ok and defend this? How hard can it be to control a 10 year old girl without traumatizing her?
Honestly your either with us or against us.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Well how is that different, to the parenting methods from 30-40-50 years ago? Back then, if a child didn't do what the parents said, it got punched or beaten with a belt (or anything else, parents were pretty creative back then when it comes to violenting a child) and that was deemed 'good parenting'. It's not much different to that taser story (except it was police man and the police is hated on this website)

That is ABSOLUTE BULL POOP!

Moms used the palm of the hand on the seat of a child in most cases. By the time children reached school age they understood the word NO meant NO!

We didn't have Cops called to taser kids or arrest them. We didn't have 20% of the kids in school on Ritalin!

Ritalin stunts growth of preschoolers; 40 percent develop side effects

Ritalin ADHD Drug Linked to 500 Percent Increased Risk of Sudden Death in Children

In just seven years Dr Scott, a consultant psychiatrist at the university, said the 300 per cent increase in the use of methylphenidate, including Ritalin..

I rather see a kid get his butt popped than see the parents dope him to the gills!!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

yeah it's crazy who they let have a badge and a gun sometimes...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
That cop should be suspended. This is beyond ridiculous.

That sure isn't good parenting. More like an excuse for non-parenting. "Officer, I'm not a good parent and I don't feel like dealing with my kid, could you taser him? Thanks". Unbelievable!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Lots of police depts are going to a "use the TASER before going "hands on" due to the possibility of infectious diesase that a lot of people are infected with....Hep B and Hep C,HIV/AIDS,many more...those sort of people spit and bite officers so the depts have policy to taze first....those officers may have been following policy since a 10 yr old can bite and be hIV positive....check and see if they were doing what they are required to do

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Quite frankly, comparing a spanking to being tazed is absolutely laughable. As someone whose been on the end of both, I can assure you that being tazed is a lot more brutal. Not to mention that tazing a child that young is extremely dangerous.

abcnews.go.com...

...I find it funny that these people are getting charged with child abuse for tazing a teenager, but the cop thought it was perfectly acceptable to taze a 10-year-old.
edit on 24-5-2011 by FatedAxion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
reply to post by Twisted1

Ya your right that is funny...I would edit it but now that you have pointed it out it is just funnier.

Oh well...mistakes will be made...I did not sign it 2008 so that should count for something!

Well my question is.....Did the little girl shut up, take a shower and go to bed like she should have in the first place????

This was the real question right?
edit on 24-5-2011 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)
Yes,,,I'd really like to know how the whole thing ended up. Don't get me wrong, I think the cop should be fired and prosecuted and the mother should lose custody of the girl. What I want to know is that what it took to get that girl to take a shower and go to bed??? If so there is a serious lack of parenting there. If you raise a child to respect their parents while they are young they do. Some parents are to wimpy, coddling, and tit moms.When a toddler falls down it's like ,,,OOOhhhhh Baby are you alright? Then parent cooks a healthy meal for dinner and the now 4 year old says " No I want pizza". Ok honey,I'll order you a pizza,,,anything for my little girl.And so on and so on.Soon the little girl is a 10 year old BRAT that gets everything she wants. Bad parenting from start is what the problem is!!! (And the fear of getting arrested for spanking your kid. The world is going to SH*T).

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
If that happened here in Australia, he would be crucified!!
some people shouldnt be in law enforcement to say the least...
this is wrong..
surely they have people who could talk the girl down.. oh wait the do.. negotiators and mental health advocates..
to name a few...

Try to get those people out at your house at 9:00 at night. GOOD LUCK!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrEuphoric1

Oh i forgot to mention im in Oz, its a bit different here, we have dedicated mental health teams in my area. so yeah its actually quite easy to get trained medical help in the form of paramedics to come.
But the real point here is the cop should be trained in how to handle situations like this. it would be better for police to be trained in negotiating skills then to fire tasers in too little girls...period.
and did you read the story about the teenager who was talking about killing himself over a game chat, so the guy on the other end got his dad to ring a police station, they sent an officer over to the house where he talked to the kid for hours untill he came down, and convinced him to get his dad on the chat, no taser.. just good communication skills and respect for another human being.
peace.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This 10 year old girl was obvious need for much concern, just like the disabled man resisting arrest that required full force bloody take down procedure.

The cops need to protect themselves remember? I remember just last week in Las Vegas the cops shot a kid point blank in the face with a AK-47 for 2 ounces of pot. He wasn't even armed, he was in the bathroom and they said it was because they were defending themselves too.

Sweet huh? SLIPPERY SLOPES SUCK WHEN THEY KILL YOU!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
One thing's for sure - this little sh*t wont be throwing another tantrum anytime soon!

You can't smack your kids or you'll be locked up so what would a frustrated and emotional parent do, to sort their kid out and teach them the value of concequence?

I understand this person's frustration but am disturbed that this is where we have come to in society.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

WTF??? I do not want to abbreviate that. Aren't cops supposed to protect children from people who would do such things? This pisses me off so bad that ... I don't even know!

That poor child.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

What a cop.
He can't even handle a ten year old girl.
What a parent too.

link   
There's a HUGE difference between Beating, Spanking, and Tazing. Only the middle is acceptable in my opinion. I don't spank my child but if she ever raises a hand or is severely disrespectful I won't hesitate to bust her hiney. But I would never beat my child or have a cop taze her for simple disciplinary reasons. People these days are too PC and over sensitive. There's nothing wrong with a spanking but there's a fine line that can't be crossed. Sometimes time outs just don't work.

Take a good look at the large number of disrespectful and self entitled spoiled brat kids and teens today in comparison to when we or our parents were growing up. Whats different today than yesteryear? Disciplinary techniques have gotten softer thats what I see.

I bet any money if that child was disciplined properly growing up she wouldn't have half the disciplinary issues she has now. Bottom line is she was too afraid to properly discipline her own child so she called the cops. What a pathetic excuse for a parent.

link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

The problem with even thinking thats its "right" to Taze a child,is CRAZY!!!!! Cant believe you went there.......I hope that was sarcasm.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join