It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tasers 10 yr old girl for not going to bed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Whatever happened to reading Hanzel & Gretel, or Snow White to a kid to get them to sleep?

Why is this sort of behaviour in police seemingly becoming rampant? When in doubt...tase 'em!

A 10-Year old girl? For not going to bed? And the Mother told the cop, "yeah, go ahead"?

Yikes! Stuff's getting weird folks. Getting mighty weird!

edit on 24-5-2011 by Hessling because: ETA

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
One of my main concern with the taser is they leave no marks or hard to perceive.
I'm sure you get my point.
edit on 24-5-2011 by eagleeye2 because: (no reason given)

link   
I don't know what is worse the LEO asking permission to tase a 10 year old or the fact that the mother agreed to it!

edit on 24-5-2011 by Evil3unnie because: Still on my first cup of coffee

link   
If police were decent people who used common sense... they would be ineffective for creating a police state.
Cops are exactly how TPTB want them to be, and this mom needs a good tasing herself. Anyone check what meds she is on? Can't talk about the meds, no bad publicity for big pharma.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If that happened here in Australia, he would be crucified!!
some people shouldnt be in law enforcement to say the least...
this is wrong..
surely they have people who could talk the girl down.. oh wait the do.. negotiators and mental health advocates..
to name a few...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
See IMO I believe THIS is a criminal....This person needs to be taken to trial and convicted of child abuse, with a penalty of life in prison or death....This stuff should NOT be allowed or talked about in a jokingly manner!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
If that happened here in Australia, he would be crucified!!
some people shouldnt be in law enforcement to say the least...
this is wrong..
surely they have people who could talk the girl down.. oh wait the do.. negotiators and mental health advocates..
to name a few...

Yep, and look what happens if you hit your child in public now....You will be arrested!!! But since this is a cop or officer of the law....BS.....He can get away with it because he is special by some stupid standard!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well how is that different, to the parenting methods from 30-40-50 years ago? Back then, if a child didn't do what the parents said, it got punched or beaten with a belt (or anything else, parents were pretty creative back then when it comes to violenting a child) and that was deemed 'good parenting'.
It's not much different to that taser story (except it was police man and the police is hated on this website)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
surely tasing a 10 year old could result in death?!!?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Well thats not exactly true, if you look at some of the threads having a go at the police there is a lot of people defending them here, in fact some are even police themselves.
Its the rotten apples people dont like, not just in the police force.. but all walks of life.
we dont live 50 years ago, so it might have been good parenting them, but now its not, just like taking a child out with a taser isnt right either.

peace.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It's not different and therefore unacceptable. Harm your children for 'discipline' - lazy lazy parenting.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Stupid bastard, I would prefer him to give a kick to his head. #ing cop

+1 more 
posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Yeahs and look at how bad kids are today.

Most need a belt to the ass.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Yes you have a small point....I deserved to be beat from my dad (which happened from time to time), but if you say it is okay to tase a child....You are crazy!! I deserved a beating but if my dad would have went that far, I would have been looking for some sort of revenge!! That is unjust punishment for not going to bed!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Reply to post by Harro

So tazing = spanking now?

Please.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

The man should leave her and gain custody of that little girl, how awful!
I wanna punch her in the face...
Wish I was living in Arkansas!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
*Shakes head slowly

What in the hell is going on these days? Cops assaulting people in wheel chairs, body slamming 80-year-old Alzheimer's stricken, 90lb grandmothers, and now tasering children?

Some big tough guy huh?

I hope the father of this child tells his wife where the door is, and to not let it hit her in the ass on the way out. The cop should also face disciplinary action for being an idiot. If he can't subdue a little girl without tasering her, he has no business wearing a uniform.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think this is what happens when you are no longer allowed to spank your children, I still got an old skool whipping, believe me, anyone else that got one knows you choose very carefully whether something is worth getting a whipping, most of the time I chose against the chance of getting whooped, kids now know they won't get a spanking so the do what they want and then the parents can't control them and so they call the cops because the law is what said not to hit the kids, and now we got moms telling the cops to tase the child.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The mother sounds like she has some issues being a decent parent and the cop should be put on leave and investigated for deploying a taser on a child throwing a tantrum. Both of them were in the wrong. I can't imagine a cop asking me if it would be ok to tase my child and me agreeing to it, wth is wrong with people?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I assume the mother and the cop will both be charged with gross stupidity?

If some mother let the father tase the kid you know damn well that kid would be in state custody and those parents would be behind bars and charged with abuse.

Letting a cop tase your kid though, that's okay. They get a pass on abuse.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join