It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western women don't care about double standards against men.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Feminism started off as wanting their equality. But as with all ideologies in this world, the negative lower nature creeps in - messing them up. Now feminism seems to mainly be about power and greed.

With double standards, there'd be plenty of women who don't like being stereotyped but stereotype men, want to encroach onto men's territory but don't want men encroaching on theirs, and don't like men being sexist towards them but are worse towards men.

In this modern western world it's men who really need equality and liberation.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Envious

12. Most women won't be honest when posting in this thread. Many will say "I'd never" or "I have a so so"

Well, I was going to respond to a lot of your issues you have, but I'll be seen as a liar. Huh, imagine that. It's pretty clever to start a thread to bash American women, then make sure they can't reply without you thinking they are lying. I'll leave it at this, you are wrong on sooooo many points here. Bye now.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

The only reason I would bash the OP is because in bold print he wrote that he knows any woman replying will be a liar. That's, I don't even know what to call that. I wanted to respond nicely, and explain why he is mistaken about ALL American women, now I won't bother.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Envious

Ha ha! My good man you have nothing to be Envious about. Even though us men are idiots for making messes and forgetting our anniversaries we're always forgiven because we're just stupid men. "Yes dear, I know I can fly an advanced fighter plane but don't ask me to sort colors for laundry." *Wink and nod* "Oh you stupid man, let me clean your shirts for you. Just sit back and have another beer."

The good Captain is please with how well the system works. Just look at the different expectations that are placed on men and women.

Even when men lose they win. Because we're men naturally, and bloody brilliant men at that.

A popular trend in commercial advertising is the “dumb man” premise — men (or more specifically, husbands) who are unable to complete a simple household task that usually involves a form of cleaning or food preparation are saved by their domestic goddess wives.

Why commercials for household cleaning products are not being targeted towards all humans desiring a clean toilet and dishes riles me on a daily basis. But here’s my beef: the “female empowerment” these advertisers are trying to convince us of? Bogus. Gee, thanks, ad men. Thanks for further establishing women’s center of power as the home. Not as a breadwinner, but as a maid.
www.themarysue.com...

Things are totally unfair, but don't be Envious just enjoy and savor the moment.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
All the desperate Whites thinking Japanese/East Asian women are meek and submissive are in for a rude awakening. Older Asian women are some of the toughest out there, even if they don't look it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1011
With double standards, there'd be plenty of women who don't like being stereotyped but stereotype men, want to encroach onto men's territory but don't want men encroaching on theirs, and don't like men being sexist towards them but are worse towards men.

What I was saying here:- Someone said that women who keep complaining that ALL guys are the same should tell us something - Who asked you to try them all?
A woman was saying that she won't stereotype guys again, and never thought of it that way.

A stereotype of many women towards guys, is guys being only after 1 thing. If that were the case, what would be the reasons?
In school, girls would invariably have older boyfriends - hence the unreachable image. A guy's sexual peak is late teens & early twenties. That's also straight after puberty. A woman's is late thirties & early forties. (And generally, man have stronger desires in the day, and women at night.) Guys are bombarded with pictures of sexy women. One can also think about what else is there, in this modern world, for an adolescent boy to associate with masculinity? A case of get it while you can.
A typical Aquarius guy wouldn't fall into this stereotype.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Aquarius1011 because: Added info.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What I was saying here -
At least in this modern western world, it's men who really need equality and liberation.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Aquarius1011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This modern feminist society is said to be oppressive towards men.
It is said that there's a rising feminine vibration in these modern times. That would be for men, as part of men's equality and liberation. But, would also generally be for women. That's instead of aggression, competitiveness, and regarding men as the enemy, what's happening a lot now - the masculine vibration.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The feminine vibration is e.g. intuition, gentleness, nurture, and compassion. It's better than the masculine vibration. But, we'd still need the pioneering spirit, of the masculine vibration.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Aquarius1011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Probably what would help a lot with these problems between men and women, is if one could occupy the body of the opposite gender for one til three days. It's possible, with astral projection, but not easy. And would be for 3 days maximum. (That was e.g. in the last Star Trek Original Series episode 'Turnabout Intruder'. There wasn't much about how it was, being in that body.)
The best would be lovers, if both wanted to. For 3 days beforehand the two could be disguised as the opposite gender. They'd also be each other's mentors. It would a lot of times be easier for the woman, as plenty of those men still look like men. I read an article about a woman who spent the day disguised as a man. She concluded by saying that men and women live in parallel worlds.
The next 3 days having swopped bodies. And still being each other's mentors. (I wouldn't want to be in the woman's body during those certain days - can keep that.) Probably be the most interesting 3 days of one's life. It's also natural to be intrigued by the opposite gender. One could also see how others see you. One day is also too short, as time flies so. The 3 next days being for readjusting.
It would be best to know long beforehand, for preparing. That includes leave from the workplace, for those 9 days.
edit on 21-5-2012 by Aquarius1011 because: Add info

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join