It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Federal Rules To Require Black Boxes to Record Driver Activity in Every Car

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm tired of all the "driving is a privilege" comments. I guess you forgot that there was a concerted effort to ruin mass transportation in this country back in the day from corporations like goodyear and standard oil. This makes it very difficult to live, work, go to school, etc, without private transport with all the urban sprawl that has taken place since. Back to the matter at hand, I wonder what vehicles these will be compatible with? I'm assuming they are going to be ODB-II compliant, which cars before 1994 didn't have. So will that make cars before that date illegal to drive? Is this a way for us to "stimulate" the economy by having to junk a bunch of older vehicles like mine and have to buy new ones?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

LOL i can almost see it..

"Sir step outside of the bathroom sir, our records show you've spent too much time on the bathroom and that's not healthy, please step outside of the bathroom"

No way this is my home go away..!

"Put. The. Ipad. Down. And. Step. Outside of the Bathroom. Sir"

No way i bought this with my own money i can do whatever i want inside my property.

"Put your hands in the air! Put. Your. Hands. In. The. Air!"

Go away, my tax....

Bang bang!....

All in name of security and for your own protection!

Just another step to get closer and closer..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I would suggest that everyone REMOVE the $#%@^ BOX and ship it to your Senator.

For families with more than one vehicle one to each Senator and then your Congressman.....

And they thought receiving all those Teabags was bad....

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I heard another bill is quietly being put before Congress to implant all newborns with a "black box" type microdevice with RFID ....

They are already data banking newborn DNA and RFID chipping some hospital patients.

....Twenty states store newborn blood samples from one to 23 years. With 4 million babies born each year and at least ten states retaining newborn blood indefinitely, the repository of infant DNA is large and growing. The baby’s DNA is considered state government property. According to the book, The Stored Tissue Issue, there are currently “more than 13.5 million newborn screening cards in storage and new cards being stored at a rate of 10,000 - 500,000 cards a year, depending on state populations.” Most parents have no idea this is happening.... www.marymeetsdolly.com.../archives/935-Does-the-government-have-your-childs-DNA-Updated..html

...Thus far, about 900 hospitals on the East Coast have agreed to participate in the VeriChip system. These hospitals have received RFID interrogators that can be used to read a patient's embedded VeriChip RFID transponder to automatically access that person's medical records. Of those hospitals, Silverman says, about 200 have completed VeriChip training on using the system, and have been provided access to the VeriMed database, as well as interrogators to scan unconscious or unresponsive patients....

The RFID microchip is injected under the surface of a patient's skin.... www.rfidjournal.com...

Welcome to the Brave New World.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'll hang on to my "Red Barchetta", thank you very much.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd0a93dc33cb.jpg[/atsimg]
Looks like we're in for a heck of a ride

edit on 24-5-2011 by neOrevolutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
go ahead and try and put one of these in my car you fascist bastards...you better be ready for a swift kick in gonads

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I'm buying a damned horse.
Really.

edit on 24-5-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

sorry to be the one to inform you,
but now you will also be required
to have any horse, cow, mule or
jack-ass electronically tagged
by the wildlife commission.
This is to prevent your horse
from performing any illegal
activities while under your
control. This tag will also
serve as a billing mechanism
(a mileage tax) that you will
have to pay else your horse
receives a 1,000 volt shot
of electricity to render your
horse incapable of serving
your non-NWO compliant
behavior.

welcome to the NWO

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
go ahead and try and put one of these in my car you fascist bastards...you better be ready for a swift kick in gonads

you will be required to have it
or else your vehicle don't pass
inspection, therefore no tags
or insurance. no driving

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
My Car (Chrysler 300C) already has one in it, this is fact because not long ago there was an article about a guy who crashed his 300c and the article mentioned the police getting some sort of warrant to get data off the cars 'in built black box'.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
They just need to invent a car that drives itself.
This way there is no driver error.

put in your destination and take a nap and set the alarm to wake you when you arrive.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Black boxes have been in cards since the mid-nineties folks. Here is an article from 2009, this blog post is from 2004 (The CNN link it leads to is no longer working, sorry.. but the blog is interesting) and this Wordpress article states:

GM has been installing event data recorders in its cars since 1995 as part of the air bag system.

I really don't like the idea of privacy invasion like this. I can see in public vehicles, like buses and planes, but you pay for your car and it's yours... What next? Recorders in hotel suites if ever paternity is a question? SHEESH, where do we draw the line?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Having worked as an auto accident investigator for an insurance company in the past, I can say that most vehicles produced in the last 10 years already have a "black box" in them.

As an example of how this has come in handy in the past...when someone rear-ends another vehicle and they claim their breaks failed...then the black box reveals that they never took their foot off the accelerator. BUSTED!

They are also handy for establishing speed at the time of the collision, among other things.

Which does absolutely nothing to prevent accidents and protect people. it only assists in assigning or deflecting blame for the insurance companies after the fact... greeaaaattt...
somebody stop this crazy world.: I want to get off!
edit on 24-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Just what the Auto Industry Needs Right Now to Boost their Sagging Sales Figures..........LOL ........This Spells DOOM for ALL American Auto Makers .........Thanks Obama ! .........

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You could use alternate modes of transportation, such as bicycles, which does the body [and mind] good in the form of exercise.
edit on 2011-5-24 by pikypiky because: To correct for "proper" grammar and spelling.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I knew many vehicles had some level of data recording and I have long been expecting the government to kick it up a notch.

When I first heard of On-Star, I knew we were getting into dangerous territory. Now, On-Star can not only track your vehicle, but control access to the vehicle, monitor the actions of the vehicle, monitor communication inside the vehicle, and if need be they can disable a moving vehicle.

Guess who has On-Star? All GM vehicles. Oh, by chance the government owns GM. Coincidence?

Speaking of vehicles, here is a fun little anagram that sums up my feelings: Hobby Truck Euro Fig
edit on 24-5-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Guess who has On-Star? All GM vehicles. Oh, by chance the government owns GM. Coincidence?

and if u don't pay your car payment
on time, they can render your vehicle
inoperative until they receive your
payment.

holdin ur vehicle hostage

welcome to On-Star
subsidiary of the NWO.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Just one more reason to stick to my favorite classic cars and used motorcycles......
They are becoming harder to find though these days

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hmm.. maybe I can start a new automotive company for people who just want reliable American made cars without all the big brother crap attached. I would call it Freedom Unlimited and we will have our initials emblazoned on the hood with big bold letters for the government to read: F.U.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
Black boxes have been in cards since the mid-nineties folks. Here is an article from 2009, this blog post is from 2004 (The CNN link it leads to is no longer working, sorry.. but the blog is interesting) and this Wordpress article states:

GM has been installing event data recorders in its cars since 1995 as part of the air bag system.

I really don't like the idea of privacy invasion like this. I can see in public vehicles, like buses and planes, but you pay for your car and it's yours... What next? Recorders in hotel suites if ever paternity is a question? SHEESH, where do we draw the line?

Ah, Government Motors. I knew there was numerous reasons why I refuse to buy their crap.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Like I said in the other thread, their are people with high performance, expensive cars that will not even let the wind touch their cars. I mean cars costing upwards 150K+. They dont let dirt come near their car, do you think they are going to let anyone put a freaking box in their car if it was not factory made? LMAO. Its never gonna happen on cars that are already made.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join