It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony trial to begin with opening statements today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is a heads up for the members who have been following this case.

Charged with 1st degree murder, along with a few other charges.. if convicted Anthony could face the death penalty.

Some more tidbits at the source..

cbsnews.com

There are no witnesses and no confession, so the trial of Casey Anthony will likely focus on forensic evidence when it begins Tuesday in Florida.

Opening statements are set for today following a marathon 11 days of jury selection.

Jurors were picked outside of Orlando because of publicity surrounding the case, and they will be sequestered for the expected two-month trial.

A great resource thread on this case can be found here:

The Murder trial of Casey Anthony: Timeline and Evidence

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 24-5-2011 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Watching now on tru tv, I want to yell at her "dont look sad now" insert expletives, R.I.P Caylee! They are fighting for justice babygirl.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's showtime for Casey and her 'defense team' & Justice Time for little Caylee.

The prosecution's opening statements have basically been laying out the timeline from the last day/time anyone aside from Casey saw Caylee alive, up until the time her body was found 5 months later in December of 2008.

Cell phone records demonstrating the myriad of lies that Casey concocted throughout the thirty days prior to her mother's 911 call to place the missing persons report.

Lies ranging from 'going to a job' which didn't exist, Caylee being at the babysitter's who didn't exist, attending a conference in Tampa that didn't exist, and on and on... one after another - LIES

Of course the lies didn't stop there. She continued her charade even whilst being questioned by law enforcement over the whereabouts of her daughter, the job, the conference, the babysitter, etc .... hence the charges of 'providing false information to a law enforcement officer.

I've been following the case for quite some time at a site called The Hinky Meter

The folks over there have established what is likely the largest, most accurate and informational timeline of events, facts, testimonies, hearings and documented evidence to date that you'll likely find on the internet.

Justice For Caylee

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I watched it for awhile but grew tired of the horse and pony show she was putting on with her aligator tears. What a monster she is.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity - why so much focus on this case? Surely Casey wasn't the only child murdered by her mother.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yep, I'm watching this to-

Now on lunch break, will be back on at 1:10 PM.

The prosecution really laid it on!! she is soooo screwed!! (Casey).

What was the best part was during openning argument the prosecutioner woman said " Fook" ! ha ha ha haha

and headline news came on and said they apologise for the "Fook" word ---I liked that very much.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Yeah actually my girlfriends mom's friends daughter's (yeah complicated) baby supposedly died. Then it turnend to murder. Then they accused the boyfriend, but everyone thinks its the girl. I'm almost positive it is. Evidence shows the baby was punched to death with a fist with a ring, which matches the girls, which is too small for the hand. But the boy pleaded guilty. I feel it was the girl getting in his head or something, i don't know, but its #ed up.
edit on 24-5-2011 by doom27 because: spelling

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have been watching this since the begining. I'ts so sad. There are so many unanswered questions. I think the one we all are interested in is, "What was going on in Casey's head during those 31 days that she didnot report her child missing?"
JB says he is going to answer the question in the first few minutes of the defense case. And that will be in about 15 minutes.
I don't like to admit it, but I can't wait to hear what he has to say. I have been glued to the t.v. all morning.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Just out of curiosity - why so much focus on this case? Surely Casey wasn't the only child murdered by her mother.

First off, I wanted to say first post on the forums haha. Glad I found this place.

The reason it's a big deal is because she paraded her face on every news outlet crying, asking, and pleading for people to help her find her daughter. Then all of these pictures surfaced of her acting child-ish, almost like a teenager and she tried to deflect those pictures with her foolish act of pleading to find her daughter again. Then it came out that she waited thirty days to report her daughter missing. F'n scum. Couldn't deal with the burden of having a kid and wanted to have more fun and people feel sorry for her.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I've followed this case from day 1. Poor kiddo, it's not her fault her mother was a selfish monster.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
am still watching this off and on and I cannot believe all that I am hearing, either Casey is throwing her whole family under the bus or that entire family is SICK!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I just saw Casey defense say her father (stepfather?) George was home when Caylee drowned in a swimming pool and he and Casey conspired to keep it from her mother, his wife. This case just took a real unexpected turn. The defense said George Anthony has been sexually abusing Casey since she was young and they both lied. I wouldn't be surprised if George is aware and going along just to get Casey released. At this point they will say anything. If it was a drowning accident he will get probation or something. Isn't he a cop?

edit on 24-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Some I think important evidence...that jumped out to me:

(1) traces of chloroform where found in her car trunk

(2) on her home computer there are google searches regarding the topics of:

-neck breaking
-how to make chloroform
-death

Today her defense attorney claimed that Caylee downed accidentily in the family's pool and was supposedly found by George Anthony who covered up Caylee's death. Her lawyer also said that Casey had been sexually abused by George Anthony since she was 8 years old and that her brother has made sexual advances towards her too.

So...lets say her stepfather planted the evidence in the car and on the computer...I wonder if that is how the defense is going to spin it. Also I am just wondering just what part her brother may have played in Caylee's death. Were those 2 men doing to Caylee what had been done to Casey.....? Did they kill Caylee and try to blame Casey or did Casey catch them with Caylee and did she snap...?

edit on 24-5-2011 by caladonea because: correct a word

edit on 24-5-2011 by caladonea because: add another sentence

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Once again in America we let the media decide that one is guilty until proven innocent. She may or may not have done the crime, can we please let the jury and courts decide the outcome and not the media.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Sadly, part of the answer is that the mom is and the daughter was beautiful. White and beautiful.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Like others who have been keeping track of this story, I had heard that the defense was possibly going to claim sexual abuse by both father and brother. There was also talk that they would say there was some kind of accident. But I tell ya when I actually heard the words come out of JB's mouth I was shocked.
It does make some sense. But now the defense has to prove it. I don't think JB got much out of GA on the stand today. It seemed like when he would try to ask the questions, their was an objection. It also seemed to me that GA knew this was coming and he remained relatively composed and was careful with his answers. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of questioning JB will start with tomorrow.

GA was a Detective, I can't see where he could think that lying about an accidental death could be anything but crazy. Thats why I am leaning towards the conclusion that even though there may be some truth in the defense case, this just doesn't make sense. Maybe the child did drown in the pool accidently. But I just don't see how GA knew anything about it. I could be wrong. I also wanted to mention that I heard ( I believe from the prosecution) that they did think Casey had help. So maybe she's covering up for someone else.
edit on 24-5-2011 by crappiekat because: Add comment

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
Once again in America we let the media decide that one is guilty until proven innocent. She may or may not have done the crime, can we please let the jury and courts decide the outcome and not the media.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Thank you for that very insightful remark, I was framed for a sexual felony that i wasn't even a part of because the media was working with the prosecutor. I also would like to point out that the ALLEGED victim told the court it wasn't me plus the dna evidence proved it wasn't me.... AND I STILL GOT CONVICTED!!!! I would love to shoe you guys my whole case with testimonies and depositions but the language is too strong for ATS. I spent $86,000 on lawyers and spent two and a half years in jail before the trial even started! Media tore me up long before I was even in the court room. So to all of you people, the media is fed by the prosecution everytime to gain public support even if it is the wrong person, I should know! I reiterate.... She even said it wasn't me and dna backed up that it wasn't me plus i was convicted when I was not even there at the crime scene and had an airtight alibi. There are tons of people in prison that are innocent and I was one of them.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'd like to see this woman sentenced to eaten alive by rats. She is a monster. I believe all the claims shes made of her father are all lies to save her own butt. Typical, she is blaming everyone else. Nothing was her fault.. and if this child really drowned in a pool then why the heck was there duck tape over her mouth. Lies!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Because the girl was cute and the mother was attractive.. if you want to get your story on T.V. you better be attractive.

Also I personally think Casey is guilty of manslaughter and negligence (if she accidentally killed her daughter trying to put her out while Casey partied) or straight up murder HOWEVER I think it is impossible for her to get a fair trial due to Nancy Grace yelling her guilt from day one. I despise Nancy Grace with all my heart.. and if you think she does a service you need to know she is in t.v. because she was a crooked unethical lawyer. She has polluted a nation of possible juries on a number of cases.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join