It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Beware!! WH Hires "Negative Story" Squasher

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Well, of course they did in addition to farming out this work to Moveon.org, MediaMatters et.al. ... The WH will have more control with this new colony of worker bees. I think they have already arrived here in fact.

The best thing about this new position vs. the use of outside resources is that WE are now paying for this nonsense out of the pool of taxpayer dollars.

Welcome to the latest use of taxpayer dollars to shove Obama propaganda down your throat, on your dime. The White House has moved a staffer from the White House New Media Department into a position of "rapid media response," with a goal of squashing, or cleaning up negative stories about President Obama on the internet.

The Obama administration has created and staffed a new position tucked inside their communications shop for helping coordinate rapid response to unfavorable stories and fostering and improving relations with the progressive online community.

"This week, Jesse Lee will move from the new media department into a role in the communications department as Director of Progressive Media & Online Response," read an internal memo from Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer, provided to The Huffington Post. "For the last two years, Jesse has often worn two hats working in new media and serving as the White House's liaison with the progressive media and online community. Starting this week, Jesse will take on the second role full time working on outreach, strategy and response."

The post is a new one for this White House. Rapid response has been the purview of the Democratic National Committee (and will continue to be). Lee's hire, however, suggests that a portion of it will now be handled from within the administration. It also signals that the White House will be adopting a more aggressive engagement in the online world in the months ahead.

With Obama's record during his first term, Lee has his work cut out for him. I'm not sure if this move by the White House is an attempt to limit free speech or is just whining. You make the call.

Indeed!!!

Did you catch this new job title? Director of Progressive Media & Online Response. Is it any wonder that the WH hand delivers memos to orgs. like Huffington and Daily Kos. The unofficial mouthpieces of this administration. Is there a possibility for any strong bias in the months to come?...

Oh this should be interesting

townhall.com...

He also gets his own Twitter account....

An equally telling requirement of Lee's new job, however, is that of crafting strategy for outreach to the progressive community. Lee has been tasked with that responsibility in his previous incarnations, both as a member of the DNC online team during the '08 election and as a senior new media adviser with then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

Let the pandering reign on

His new post may require even more delicate hand-holding. Instead of managing the administration's web presence, he will be pressing to make the administration more popular on the web. In that respect, his Twitter account could also become an interesting window into the status of the always emotional, occasional testy dance between progressives and the president.

Watch out progressives the WH is reaching out with the left hand of faith and will quickly swat with its right hand. Remember the 2008 campaign?? Remember the past 2.5 years of this admin? Good Luck!!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 24-5-2011 by jibeho because: clarity

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
How about hiring a new non partisan harmony liaison for the WH? A position that would bridge the massive divide that has been exponentially increased by this WH. How about trying to close the gap for a change? This taxpayer funded job will just serve to drive the wedge deeper into this nation at a much faster rate just in time for the turmoil that is about to occur in the 2012 election.

The battle lines are being drawn very clearly.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'd like to think they are a day late and a dollar short. They have been trying for years with the Fairness Doctrine, the MSM, a host of web sites to counter what WE find out. This is just another Minister of Propoganda for the Great and Glorious Peoples Beloved Barack.

I envision a whole new series of threads, originated from this yahoo. It might be fun. I wonder if he's gotten an ATS account yet.

All Hail the Emperor, Obama. (bow 5 times towards D.C.)
edit on 24-5-2011 by beezzer because: because I spelled a word wrong! Get off my case!! *sob* Now you made me cry. Just Great!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Look out people!
Look out!
OMG !
What sort of treachery is this now?

I know. They should have gotten Bill O'Reilly
Everyone knows that is where the spin stops.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Our kungfu is strong. We will prevail.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Great, just in time to defend the Obama's an Irishman story.

I'd actually respect them if they tried to squash real stories, but they'll probably just use straw man logic: "Birthers think Obama's a space alien."

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
: "Birthers think Obama's a space alien."

He is.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Makes me wonder what they were up to before the computer age.

Implanting people in real communities to influence neighbors & friends to think a certain way and have particular beliefs?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
"Jesse Lee"?
Sounds like he is a gay, basterd child too.
They all need to get a job.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I just wait for the day when we launch out browsers, go to our bookmarks, hit ATS and see the "This Domain has been seized by the DHS for negative comments about our supreme leader" message.

Mao would be so proud of America today.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Implanting people in real communities to influence neighbors & friends to think a certain way and have particular beliefs?

It's called organised religion.

edit on 24/5/11 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by filosophia
: "Birthers think Obama's a space alien."

He is.

He's also osama bin laden. People have a wide range of beliefs, and it's not entirely untrue to say some people think Obama is a space alien, but that's not what they would do, they would say that Jerome Corsi or Alex Jones thinks he is a space alien, when they don't.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

If Obama were a zombie-space alien-planet Nirubu-grey-indigo-ninja. . .
It still wouldn't be as scary s a progressive liberal tax and spend politician.

ETA: I have to say these things now before the Ministry of Truth and/or Death Camps finds me.

edit on 24-5-2011 by beezzer because: because the world is ending

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

How soon we forget. Television. Non stop droning from paid idiots, so other idiots can "escape" form their daily grind.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This isn't new news even if it is just being reported now. The WH has had a negative story squasher for decades.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Uncle Adolph 2.0. Well next they will round up all guns.

Then the next step is burning all the books. Writing their own doctrine. their own history. Kill their own dragons.

And finally arm bands, paper badges and then tattoos and ovens.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There's no need for this guy on ATS.

ATS already has about a dozen resident Obama fan boys and girls who crop up on any thread that is remotely critical towards him. These Obamabots all appear to be programmed using the same coding, which is why they all use the same arguments and tactics when defending their master.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I wonder why they would have to create a position like this?

Nothing bad or negative is ever said in the media.

Only on blogs.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
reply to post by jibeho

This isn't new news even if it is just being reported now. The WH has had a negative story squasher for decades.

More like centuries. The only thing that has changed is the media.

I know people are trying to make it look like it's a evil propaganda Obama trying to destroy the country, but every party and indeed almost every politician does the same thing. How many times have we seen politicians being caught editing their own wiki pages. Before the internet, they simply encouraged local residents to send in pre written opinions full of the correct catch phrases to the newspaper editorial pages or hired writers to distribute PR articles.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I wonder why they would have to create a position like this?

Nothing bad or negative is ever said in the media.

Only on blogs.

Problem solved

It's a Miracle!
edit on 24-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join