It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK-U.S Relations, no respect or UK hanging on?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanPLC
I think our 'Special Relationship' goes way beyond governmental levels, which really isnt that important anyway as im sure the governments will be gone soon, lol.

The real, more important relationship is between the people of both of these countries which kind of comes about naturally, we speak the same language (well nearly, lol), we enjoy similar social passtimes, similar religions, etc..

Also not forgetting that UK chicks tend to dig US Guys and US chicks tend like us guys from the UK... A perfect match right there if you ask me, lol.

Oh.. and we both think our governemnts suck, lol

Except socially Britain has nothing more in common than with any other country. The only thing we share is superficial American dominated media, but so does Vietnam, and the rest of the world, for that matter. And it's not something people opt for, it's brainwashing and propaganda on a large scale.

There is nothing beyond the superficial tv that bonds the people of Britain and America. Religion? We dropped it years ago, Atheism reigns supreme... something we again have in common with other European nations.

Australians speak English and are more religious and more politically in line with you, go hang out with them.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Indeed! I hate it too. Yes, we may be one of their best allies, but all this crooning over the term "Special relationship" makes me wince. It's only the media though that want to hear it, Joe Public couldn't give a toss as we know the Yanks will shaft us if it suited them (and they have - many times).

I liked the bit about "needy girlfriend"! That sums up Brown chasing Obama round the UN trying to get a meeting, making us all look like needy little sycophants, eager to please.

<< 1   >>

join