It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Anxiously" Waiting For The End of the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Although I only registered as an ATS member a couple weeks ago, I`ve been a very long time visitor and reader.

What I notice the most is that the focus on ELE (Extinction Level Event) kind of threads/prophecies has been sharply increasing over other kind of subjects, as if people is anxiously waiting for the end of the world, which I just don`t understand !

Major earthquake, tsunami, super volcano, nuclear threats, outer space threats and other kind of "end of the world" topics dealing with fear, immediatly get hundreds of stars, flags and replies, while racional and scientific debats are left behind.

There is even a sense of desapointment each time such predicted event or prophecy fails.

Only reason I can find is that people are so full of cinema, TV, information and sooo many other things modern life can offer, that only an ELE can provide them suficient adrenaline to stop boring in their lives.
edit on 24-5-2011 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

I think it has to do with the current events. Like the Elenin comet, the Rapture prediction, 2012 is getting closer, etc.

Like when the Jared Loughner thing happened, Obama's birth certificate and then Bin Laden's dead. A lot of threads are created about it so it seems that's all there is here at ATS, but then it dies off and a new event comes up.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I tend to believe its a result of all the fluoride in the water.
Overall, I tend to agree with your analysis.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
People are sick of the world the way it is... they feel out of control, and rather then change themselves and take the hard road to changing the world.
they want "God" to do it for them..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
fear sells these days my friend.. used to be sex, now its fear..

btw.. you should check the spelling in your threads before posting, there are many errors in your post.
some people will pick up on this and completely disregard what you say.. (just advice not a criticism against you)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQ6666

Only reason I can find is that people are so full of cinema, TV, information and sooo many other things modern life can offer, that only an ELE event can provide them suficient adrenaline to stop boring in their lives.

Oh my god I burst into laughter when I read that, and let me tell you, laughter feels a lot better than running from the NWO and hiding and the woods!!

Maybe it's because I can still laugh that I don't anticipate the end of the world!

It's sure to happen one day, why worry about it now - all we have is now... right?

Love and light!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Sorry for the errors but I`m not an english native speaker. I`m portuguese.

Very true when you say that fear sells more than sex these days ...but I still prefer sex

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well on the other side of the coin, i am anxiously waiting the end. I can't wait, i've been looking forward to it for years. Only bad thing would be if the air just catches on fire, thats a #ty apocalypse. I just society to collapse, every man for themselves, fighting everyday to survive. instead of this slave 8-5 life every day.

People say, "oh well if it happened you wouldn't say that" Untrue, its what i want, i get off to having to fight to survive. If the end doesn't come soon, i'm just going to dip out and travel, living like a bum, i'm tired of this life.

Great quote from tool....

Cuz I'm praying for rain And I'm praying for tidal waves I wanna see the ground give way. I wanna watch it all go down. Mom please flush it all away. I wanna watch it go right in and down. I wanna watch it go right in. Watch you flush it all away. Time to bring it down again. Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
One of the problems is that the current generation entering the workforce has a pretty bleak outlook. Many are heavily in debt with college loans and now can't find a job at all, let alone one in their chosen course of study.

On top of that, most of these same people are still living at home and the prospect of ever being able to save enough money to purchase a house seems completely unrealistic. It is difficult enough to amass a down payment with a decent paying job, let alone trying to get ahead on unemployment or a low hourly wage "starter" job. This doesn't even begin to address the issue that right now renting seems more promising than owning.

Couple all of that with the fact that this generation was brought up in a never-ending cycle of immediate gratification and it doesn't bode well for the future.

I believe the thinking falls along the lines of: something major better happen, and some major changes better take place, if ever I am going to be able to have the life I thought I would have with all of the possessions I feel I deserve and am entitled to.

Lastly, I don't think many truly embrace or understand what they are "looking forward to" or "hoping" will happen. Rather, I believe many feel that if the global economy and/or the US were to completely collapse it would be a world of bliss with no job to report to, living at home with mom and dad, no bills tp pay, just "living off the land" with no responsibility. Keep in mind, none of those people 30 or under have ever really witnessed hard times. Everything they have ever wanted is there for them on the shelves and in great quantity.

I don't think the hard reality of such a collapse: empty, looted stores, ransacked homes, chaos, violence, theft, and illness has ever entered their vision.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think the people that want it to end most would be in for a COMPLETE and utter shock when something bad really does happen. They won't know what to do and they will be wishing they could take back them wanting something bad to happen.

Personally I don't want the world to end or anything and I am not disappointed when predictions fail, that is usually what they do anyway. I am more disappointed in the people that believe everything they see or read without researching it themselves. I am more disappointed in people who "fear monger" (I dont like that term but it fits) others. It isn't right to make someone believe they are going to die on a certain date when it's all crap.

If an ELE were to happen such as a comet or something huge like that, there is really nothing you can do to prevent it. You can just hope to live and survive afterwards.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

The "ELE" that you talk about is the only thing (other than religion) that cannot be proven. There will always be questions and debates about it and as the lesser debates and events fail, everyone can lean back on them to discuss. People just don't understand that if the world is to end, there is nothing anyone can do about it....Live life and enjoy!! Me for one try to stay away from that propaganda and lean more toward politics (there is ALWAYS something to complain/discuss in politics) and aliens or stuff like that....But welcome to ATS and glad you have joined finally!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I can understand frustation and more people getting tired about the way the world is going, but an ELE is a one time thing and there`ll be no happy heroes at the end like the ones we see in hollywood movies. The unlucky survivor ones won`t have a pleasant rest of life at all.

Sometimes it looks like an ELE is a new sport of the extreme TV channel.

new topics

top topics

join